SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

19/1/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Hampshire Wool Fat No.1
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere 20mm
Razor - Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette London Bridge (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Original

Great lather but a stinker of a shave, quite a few ingrowns on my neck. The blade was done on the 3rd shave.

Have a good day gents.
View attachment 99173
The London Bridge won’t go beyond three for me either whereas the German Personna PC just keeps sailing.

RazorRock GC.68 | Gillette Nacet | Hand-carved Ash with Cashmere | CR Salter Soap | Proraso Red AS | 3P Pre/Post​

61C0EFA1-A54C-4316-868D-B648C8542062.jpeg

After yesterday’s lesser quality shave with the old Boot’s soap, today’s hit the high notes big time. Love that sandalwood…

Matron’s Seal of Approval too.

Seal Of Approval Thumbs Up GIF

Shave no. 5 with the Neepsend and I'm really impressed with this blade. It's been a long time since I went over three shaves with a blade and it isn't fading yet.

Getting the hang of the Super Adjustable, a razor I've had for probably eight or nine years but rarely used in favour of the Fatboy. Setting number 4 seems about right for me.

English Fern always impresses and so does the Bond balm. I can see this being a regular and I'm looking forward to trying more Bond products soon.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable (birth year, long handle)
Blade: Neepsend Stainless Steel
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: Myrsol Antesol
Lather: Penhaligon's English Fern
Aftershave: Bond Whisky & Cedar balm https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63c99387718a6562eace6f7d
PXL_20230119_185438928.jpg

Well Done Chris brilliant achievement
fingers crossed you go on to me the rest of your targets.
Well done!!

Thank you very much chaps.

Other than complete 3000Km on the bike my next more important achievements will be getting improved blood test results (Monday) and a good abdominal ultrasound. A liver thing.

I feel I have done everything right so yeh, fingers crossed.

This evening brought with it the thematic shave............

21wonderbra2111b.jpg

20230119_175228.jpg

In fact 'Hello big boy'

Big boy razor - Stainless Mongoose
Big boy blade - Feather Super Professional
Big boy brush - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Big boy soap - MDC Rose
Was a big boy - Me
'Storm in a C cup or a C cup in a storm?'

Other than a long introduction I am going to say very little as I really can't be bothered. Cycled 27 miles today and shafted.

What I will say though is this was one of those most magnificent of shaves with a bunch of some top performing products. Stunning and I couldn't be a happier bunny. Conejo feliz.

Have some ladies from the land of the rising sun and for this evening sex on the beach with TsuShiMaMiRe.....yes please

16DE0440-B24C-4358-8101-D3709799084C.jpeg
SOTD: 19/01/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 8th use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau de Toilette

Another lesser used soap MWF, I have always loved the thickness of the lather it produces and the light scent but as always there is an ever so slight tingle when I use it which I don’t get with any of my other soaps. It’s still a delight but just a shame as it would definitely be used more often otherwise. It was an amazing shave none the less! I’ll add it to a PIF at the weekend once I’ve gathered a few more items together.

SOTD 20-Jan
20230119_155859.jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: Sir Henry Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional

Fanatically smooth finish this morning, effortless with the vector and excellent sandalwood. Definitely find the vector to be a switch off razor, just mows down effortlessly.

Just one more day to get through, keep my head down, do my stuff and pray that nothing goes tits up before the end of the day!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom