SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

SOTD 20230201.
l3w5jT0.jpg

PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream.
J&T® ebony / OUMO Brush SHD G5 SYN knot.
Castle Forbes "Cedarwood and Sandalwood Essential Oils" shaving cream.
Karve Christopher Bradley OC-C / Stork "Consul" handle.
Sputnik Teflon (3).
Colonel Ichibad Conk "Santa Fe Cedar" ASB.

SOTD 01-Feb
20230201_085940.jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: MWF
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: GSB (2)

Grand shave with "The Fat", didn't officially sign up but thought I'd dive in anyway, I have the attention span of a gnat so we'll see how long I last.

Lovely lather with a very efficient razor. I think this might be an every other day type head though. Not much to take down after yesterday but still a smooth runner.

Good shave though, hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Wed 1st February

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Lea Classic soap
ER 1914
Gem S/S ( 4 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

A rare use of this ER 1914 as I am not that keen on short handles. However I do manage to adapt to it and manage to have a decent Shave. I won’t modify this one with a long handle, as it is a 12T version with the decent blade stops and worth keeping in its original state.

70E980F1-2B73-48F5-B085-39B502BA749C.jpeg

Wednesday 1st February
Since I mentioned yesterday that it would soon be Christmas I thought it appropriate to prepare and so lathered up with Wickham 1912 Christmas Spruce nicely brushed on with my Gillette standard synthetic reknot. I love this amazingly soft creamy soap with its wonderful lasting scent. The residue is cleared easily from the blade/cap after a quick swish in the sink, so no clogging.
I used a Feather Hi Stainless (3rd use) and 1970 Gillette Super Slim Twist. The basket weave pattern handle grips well, it’s well balanced and still delivers a terrific shave. After the first pass wtg and then a re-lather I really only needed to attend to pick ups on my jaw edge and atg on my cheeks for a very acceptable finish. Amazing that this 50 year old razor still keeps on delivering. I shall call it my “postman“ razor.

Have a fine day fellas!

3DBC9E56-1DA6-466D-B6C1-195940363FCC.jpeg

01/02/23
Vintage Wednesday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 Pure Bristle 1950's
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Valet VC1 Gold (1922-28)
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Formula 1
Wk 05 (5).JPG
This week i have been singing the praises of the new brass alloy razor in the den the "Athena"
Today i was using a Vintage All brass razor which i also think looks the business, i really do enjoy using these vintage ladies.
The VC1 looks a bit intimidating, however, it is not. It is Tech territory for aggressiveness..
I lathered up the "ancient" cream in the pre-warmed Captain choice heavyweight bowl, about an inch has given me more than enough for the planned 3 pass shave. A very enjoyable shave giving me a DFS+ finish with a couple of rough spots on the throat that i found on the balm application - not to worry. A splash of Williams AV to finish.
That was nice.
The box for this one needs a little bit fettling as it is too deep really for the razor. New Mitre saw required.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

1 February, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (Black Ninja).
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Two Band
Soap: Zingari Man: The Rambler (Sego)

The Rambler is a superb soap with a beautiful, sweet tobacco scent.. a lovely, smooth shave was had with the Black Ninja on a #3 plate.. I'm actually tempted to say that it narrowly tops the Silver Blue in terms of comfort. yeah, lovely jubbly.

Wednesday February 1, 2023
Razor: Schick Type "F" Injector
Blade: Injector ??
Brush: MrEE LE/Tuxedo
Soap: Ethos Bay Rum
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Ethos Bay Rum
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,549

Will get back to the 1508.5 of NYC tomorrow but just had to use the Bay Rum today. I know there are many iterations and preferences and I am by no means an authority on what a Bay Rum is. But I AM an authourity on what I like and THIS is MY BAY RUM. Awesome scent and with the quality lather and ingrediants to make my skin wake up. GREAT job Frank @dragonsbeard and has me thinking hard on my soap collection and what I should narrow things down to. Why have all these amazing for my skin soaps and not get to them on a more regular time frame due to rotations. Dave is putting his thinking cap on........Have a great day everyone !
KvVb5Ka.jpg

Wednesday February 1, 2023
Razor: Schick Type "F" Injector
Blade: Injector ??
Brush: MrEE LE/Tuxedo
Soap: Ethos Bay Rum
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Ethos Bay Rum
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,549

Will get back to the 1508.5 of NYC tomorrow but just had to use the Bay Rum today. I know there are many iterations and preferences and I am by no means an authority on what a Bay Rum is. But I AM an authourity on what I like and THIS is MY BAY RUM. Awesome scent and with the quality lather and ingrediants to make my skin wake up. GREAT job Frank @dragonsbeard and has me thinking hard on my soap collection and what I should narrow things down to. Why have all these amazing for my skin soaps and not get to them on a more regular time frame due to rotations. Dave is putting his thinking cap on........Have a great day everyone !
KvVb5Ka.jpg

I’m the same with soaps Dave. I must have enough soap to last my daily shaves for 5 or more years so I rotate them, ’cos that way I think I’m getting value for money spent.
Wrong! So I’ve just begun to get ruthless and dispose of those soaps that don’t cut the mustard. My preferred soap must be soft on the skin, easy to lather and have an appealing scent that draws me to want to use it all the time. This approach will trim my stash down to a more manageable number, say 20? :ROFLMAO:

I’m the same with soaps Dave. I must have enough soap to last my daily shaves for 5 or more years so I rotate them, ’cos that way I think I’m getting value for money spent.
Wrong! So I’ve just begun to get ruthless and dispose of those soaps that don’t cut the mustard. My preferred soap must be soft on the skin, easy to lather and have an appealing scent that draws me to want to use it all the time. This approach will trim my stash down to a more manageable number, say 20? :ROFLMAO:
Exactly and you are spurring me on (y)

1 February

PAA Dapper Doc’s
PAA Green Ray
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

51A7ADB7-6B25-45E6-BA96-F1733E6C8188.jpeg
A bit of an exuberance of colour in this morning’s choice of shaving accoutrements. The monochrome helps to tame them. Hard on the eyes but easy on the face. A wonderful PAA lather and a smooth and close shave with the ever reliable Rockwell.

after the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1958 Executive/Iridium Super
Colonel Conk superbadger/RL'Safari' shaving soap
Lucky Tiger after shave
Royall Bay Rhum after shave used as cologne

Excellent shave....3 days wortha whiskers whisked away! This blade would easily be my everyday one if needed. Soap is quite a treat also. The Bay Rhum is a nice take on that frag.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom