SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

91FD5AFD-1AC9-463F-8D53-5D1D6483A24C.jpeg
SOTD: 01/02/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 3rd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Vida Puck
Aftershave: A&E Vida Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

I love this soap, I think it’s a special edition from the Lather and Blade Facebook group which is a shame as I gladly buy more when it finally runs out. It’s just an amazing scent and far superior to the follow up Vida After Dark. The Shield was predictably amazing and I’m getting better results the more and more I use it. It was just a great shave from start to finish.
Enjoy your evening guys.

75xf3zB.png

Gillette ’46 Milord / Nacet / RR 26mm Cherry Wood Boar / Fine Lavender Pour Homme Shave Soap & AS

OV0i0J1.png

Ladies and gentleman we are proud to present you with this evening's karaoke shave themed, 'Oh hail the fat' being as there appears to be a growing number of fatateers gathering.

20230201_181816.jpg

Not made in Bradford - Tatara Nodachi dark
No ceramic pot included - Feather
A brush for all soaps - Yaqi Dandelion
Not MWF - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Some kind of fatty cream - Pure moisturiser

Straight in. Press play and put on your best impersonation of those wonderful Weather Girls (sporting beards)

Hi, hi we're your lathering guys
Ah-huh
And have we got a shave for you
You better try harder
Get ready, all you shavateer
And remove those cans of foam from here
Alright

White froth is rising (uh rising), perseverance's getting low (how low folk?)
According to all on TSR (what bollocks now?), the sink is the place to go (we better fill it up)
'Cause tonight for the first time (first time)
Just about half-past that (half past that?)
For the first time in history
Someone's gonna lather Mitchell fat (start hailing fat)

Oh hail the fat, hallelujah, Oh hail the fat, amen
I'm gonna go let the tap run and let the fat get
Absolutely soaking wet
Oh hail the fat, hallelujah
Oh hail the fat, and every brush
Badger, boar, dark synth and horse
Large and small and soft and course

God bless Mitchell fat, it's a bastard to lather to
Made somewhere near Bradford and does what it has to do
Frustrated most every shaver, made grown men cry
So that each and every shaver could lather before they die
Oh, it's hailing fat, yeah
Sink water rising (water is rising, yeah yeah)
Patience is getting low (it's getting low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low)
According to all shavers (according to all shavers)
The sink is the place to go
'Cause tonight for the first time
Just about half past that
For the first time in history
Someone's gonna lather Mitchell fat (start hailing fat)

Oh hail the fat, amen
Oh hail the fat, amen
Oh hail the fat, amen
Oh oh oh oh
It's hailing fat
Badger, boar, dark synth and horse
Large and small and soft and course

Hallelujah it's hailing fat, amen

No Mitchell's Wool Fat was included in this shave this evening as it just causes me to start knitting as an easier dark art (n)
Instead it was to be the super Signature Wicstun in Wicstun, since I happen to be in Market Weighton at the moment. And, together with the Dandelion what a formidable pairing. A face full of class lather minus all the faff. (y)

First time I have tried the Nodachi with a Feather and very pleasantly surprised. I was expecting slasher movie material and instead found a sexy romantic film. A kind of expectation says Friday 13th, reality delivers Debbie does Dallas (well it's romantic to me). But what a damn fine easy going shave with great happy results and plenty of facial creaming as a prerequisite.

Enjoyable in every way and no fat included. In case I never mentioned it before.

And another guitarist called Yoshie except in this case Yoyoyoshie from the brilliant Otoboke Beaver. Si voucher plait?

batnllF.jpg

Mining Camp Shave

Prep:
Barrister Reserve Cool soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Cream: Musgo Real Spiced Citrus (absent in photo)
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Polsilver Wizamet Brown (1)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Penhaligon's Sartorial EdT

Not getting any cooler out here.

Razor = Gillette King C
Blade = Gillette Super Thin
Brush = Simpsons T3
Cream = Nivea Shave Crean
Splash = Nivea DEEP
Balm = Nivea Original

BE2355B4-629B-4B67-B32A-154FC60A6F78.jpegCould this be possibly worst products ever onTSR ?
A dull boring shave although still fairy enjoyable.
I think the Nivea gear is as basic as it gets yet produces a decent enough shave.
The Gillette King C is starting to get my my n erves
i’m using it a lot more than first intended.
but i guess that’s the pit falls of being away
Don’t get me wrong the cream is ok ish & produced a wonderful lather.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe

Wed 1st - Titan, Soap & Cream from a shave member in another forum
Facewash Pears
Cream Palmolive Regular
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Titan ACRM-2 Madagascan Mahogany Timber Scales
Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
Face wash with the Pears soap...nice! The shave cream is good. Pleasant light scent and a creamy slick lather...nice!!!
This is a razor exchange with kind generosity all the way from Australia. Fortunately, my relatives from Sydney came for a visit so shipping was easy. This razor has a coticule's edge. Although it was comfortable it was not sharp enough for my tough whiskers...Managed a sas result in 3 passes...
20230201_174459.jpg
Thu 2nd - Titan, Soap & Soap Stick from a shave member in another forum
Soap Derby Stick
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Titan ACRM-2 with African Timber Scale
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
The soap is acceptable with a pleasant light scent & lather...the Palmolive is way better...
This is the 2nd razor exchange all the way from Australia. This razor has an Adaee's edge which is smoother, more comfortable, and a crispier sharpness compared to yesterday's coticule edge. Managed a ccs-sas finish in 3 passes...
20230202_131121.jpg

SOTD: 2nd February 2023.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade: Sunny Supreme Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Brut Attraction totale ASL. / Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

A wonderful early morning shave to finish my shaving week off superbly.

The Merkur 37C /Sunny Supreme Stainless paired together superbly feeling smooth and efficient. I will carry on using my three Slant razors for the rest of the month and beyond trying out two new Subcontinent blades the Statum Platinum Chrome sputtered & Ninja Stainless DE blades which where kindly sent to me by @pjgh. I look forward to trying both of them out, especially the Statum Platinum Chrome.

A very comfortable close 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

6A52C382-E3EA-43F7-AF87-60F42F4C0FCB.jpeg

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Razor: Feather AS-D2 (face)
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Horn STF
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: L’Occitane Eaux des Baux EDT

My first entry into Fat February and what a fantastic shave. I could seriously shave with the fat for the rest of my life and just use a fragrance to spray on afterwards as nothing beats it for me. I bought 4 pucks in the Kent sale for something ridiculous like £5 a piece, you just can’t beat it on a performance to price ratio in my opinion.

Wow what a difference!
It's been a while since I used the Pearl Flexi as I tend to reach for the Slim and I've been enjoying my RR Hawk V3A a lot. However after the Derby Extra experience, repeated 3x, I am happy to change it up a bit.

As much as Astras are deemed mid table by some, I find them smooth, forgiving and sharp enough (the opposite of the Derby). I set the Flexi to a mild 2.5, I had forgotten how heavy it is! I was done in 2 smooth passes, although as always couldn't leave it there and went for a final polish. Very happy with the results. It was comfortable and super close. Knowing how close I had gone I went straight to the bio oil as I know it never stings. A few sprays of another Superdrug special has left me smelling lovely (IMO at least!)

This I really would claim as BBS even under the chin.
20230202_085425.jpg

Last edited:
Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pres-Shave
Razor: Homelike Start OC
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1)
Brush: Razorock 400
S Soap: ExtroCosmesi – The End

A razor on loan by @slapo 's generosity. What a shave! In a good way, a very good way.
My experience with open combs is minimal and usually stay away from them because of their notorious reputation on being aggressive. This couldn't be further from the truth with the Homelike Start. A superb comfortable and close shave. This further confirms my decision to let go of the Yaqi 70SB was a good one.
I should perhaps buy the 90SB version :unsure: or maybe ask P if his Homelike is for sale :unsure:. No, @Boycie83 I'm not going to do it, if you're watching but next year........

SOTD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom