SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

nszRFLl.png

5CFE23BB-6D4F-412E-9C97-3217380B0589.jpeg
SOTD: 10/01/2023

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Dorco Titan , 1st use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles A Midnight Dreary Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Toilette and a solid cologne dupe.

Another of my recently acquired soaps from Dan, @ATG. I’ve tried Catie’s Bubbles before and this scent in particular and originally found it too mildly scented but enjoyed the base. This time round though it seems much stronger and so is an unexpected winner!
I thought I’d give the lesser used Leaf Twig a run out and it performed admirably as ever. Enjoy your evening guys.

Wed 11
Soap Smoking Monsters Year of Tiger
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershave Old Spice Original Splash
The soap has almost no scent but the lather is easy to whip up and is of good quality...creamy and slick!
What a lovely shave with this razor! Despite the time crunch...went for 3 passes because this edge is so buttery smooth...and crisply sharp. Good bbs-ccs finish...
20230111_122947.jpg

SOTD 11-Jan
20221229_133818.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: AE Revolution
Razor: Shield GEM (Bodged)
Blade: GEM PTFE (10)

Do love how the GEMs just keep going. Wonderfully smooth finish and it has, so far, always been a long lasting shave with this razor. Coupled up with the revolution/spicebomb pairing has resulted in a cracking morning shave.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

After my long odyssey with the 7 o'clock black I picked up the Hawk V3A again with the Feather Pro still in it from a couple of weeks ago, which according to the dice has 2 up. Now 3 up and very smooth. I really like this SE. Moka Express synth and Proraso sandalwood cream for a quick launch. Bespoke Caramel Amber & Cashmere mainly because of the colour! But it is an enjoyable warm scent without having the gravitas of my usual choices. The price of it almost made me ignore it as rubbish but then there was nothing to lose by trying it and it was a winner!
20230111_075212.jpg

Back
Top Bottom