SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

nszRFLl.png
What a beautiful brush!

Paul.

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( D )
Blade = Brazilian Wilkinson Sword ( 2 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Soap = Officers & Gentlemans By Trumpers
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Australian Bodycare Tea Tree
CFCBEB77-3C52-44C4-9AA9-4BF037DA74C4.jpegWell another cracker for me before bed time.
probably an unusual time to shave but just finished work and relatively awake ish.
The blade was everything i thought it would be
total class and very similar to the first shave.
I had 1 weeper due to a mosquito bite healing on my neck ( little shits )
The Soap was a first for me and the last of the recent acquisitions.
This performed very similar to the Oxford Blue & again a lovely clean, fresh scent.
No dissipation at all which is unusual
being a trumper soap you just come to expect it but no nothing just a thick creamy lather.
If Trumpers can make two soaps this good it just makes me wonder why the rest are shite lol.
Anyway lads enjoy the rest of the week
it’s bed time for me.
Adios Amigo’s
and as always
Stay Safe

11/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Wk 02 (5)a.JPGWk 02 (5).JPG
I could not use the "blade band" today as the head would not close, therefore, i raised the spine of the blade by sitting it on top of a (2) nylon washer at each corner of the spine. That worked well.
Nice shave that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

First shave with these Neepsend blades from Sheffield which I could finding nothing about on the Internet, except about the history of the company itself. This was interesting but not insightful on how the shave would be.
6 blades per pack with multiple carded adverts inside.
Stainless steel, not coated, with glue spots inside wax paper wrappers.
Sharp and smooth for non-coated blades.

Never quite got the hang of the Super Adjustable but it is my birth year razor. I think I prefer the head design of the Fatboy but I would like to get more comfortable with it so it will be in rotation more often.

Love the Dunhill for Men and this stuff is old but not sure how old. I use it sparingly.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable (birth year, long handle)
Blade: Neepsend Stainless Steel
Brush: Semogue 1305
Lather: 3P
Aftershave: Dunhill Dunhill for Men https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63bec3c7718a6562eace6ea2PXL_20230111_140050388.jpg

Last edited:
Wednesday 11th January

Semogue 2030B Boar - Tabac Stick (tallow) - CJB Shavette/Feather Pro - Mandate AS

Not as posh as Feather/Kasho but the CJB never fails to impress. The brush was bought around 12 years ago and had it's first use today. ( I am on a no buy phase at the moment so using what I already own). It has a chrome plated brass handle with a 22mm knot. A bit of a lather hog at the moment but I am sure it will improve.

2 passes and a touch up for a 'Face Feeler' :)

Karve Overlander/Goodfellas Styletto Aluminum Razor SHOOTOUT
Watch all the way thru for the comedy thoughout the last minutes of the video :ROFLMAO:
Wednesday January 11, 2023
Razor: Karve Overlander Aluminum/Goodfellas Styletto Aluminum
Blade: Wizamets
Brush: Jason Custom/Cashmere
Soap: Barrister and Mann (Leviathan)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Avon Leather
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,528

Last edited:
Wednesday 11 January
First pass with the satin chrome Excaliber with Titan mild blade (used about 6 times) felt like it was near end of life, so for the second and third passes plus pick ups I mobilised my MARS with half Derby DE on plate 5. The two razors couldn‘t be more different, the Excaliber slim, metal, balanced with good weight, the MARS very light but chunky 3D printer plastic. Nevertheless, the result was smooth and trouble free. Again proving to me that the blade is all in wet shaving.
LEA original soap produces a good creamy lather but has really no scent to speak of, according to the boss anyway. The vintage Evans reknot synthetic easily applied the lather around the face in all the right places.
Add a splash of Positano after shave and I’m ready for whatever the day might bring, probably more rain of course.
Have a great evening fellas,

0B07F348-572D-4D3C-BF7F-D21FC0A6F6C2.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum
Brush: Chisel & Hound Strata 26mm Plissoft
Pre-Shave: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Lather: Signature Soaps Valentia
Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel and Rose Water

Last runout for this Blade, and I still get a bit of tingling/irritation off of it. Must be the coating I suppose; this one goes to the bottom of the pile and on to the next tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom