SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

24C66AD9-A16E-4F1A-ACEF-8EB23D184147.jpeg

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Kent T8 Best
Pre-Shave: Nivea Deep Cleaning Face Wash
Lather: Bodyshop Maca Root & Aloe
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobbaco Absolute edt

Lovely head and face shave. The T8 is an excellent brush for head shaves as it covers a lot of ground.

Titanium stories part IV and a shave themed, 'Super hero or Super villian?'. A shave about baring more teeth and openly combing away facial fluff.

20230111_201502.jpg

Razorman - Tatara Nodachi OC
Dark Blade - Polsilver Lodz
The twisted brush - Hive-2
Creaming woman - MDC Fougere
Smellyman - Floris Elite

'Bigpenileslidingmonsterman'

More fascinating titanium facts. Titanium can be alloyed with iron, aluminium, vanadium, and molybdenum, among other elements, to produce strong, lightweight alloys for aerospace (jet engines, missiles, spacecraft, expensive sex toys and razors). It has a Brinell hardness measurement of 716–2770 MPa.

Ain't titanium great?

And so the final piece of the titanium jigsaw and enter the Nodachi Open Comb. Again a beautiful piece of engineering even if OC's are not quite my forte. It is one thing I do have to say for Tatara and that is they really do have a high standard of quality and finish. Together with a very well engineered and well thought out design they are towards the top of the razor tree. I am sure there are plenty of happy owners out there. Personally I think it would be great if they could make a run of polished razors even if just for a limited release.

Team lather for this evening being lead by the wonderful little Hive-2 brush and one of the finest Soaps out there, the MDC Fougere. For this shave I went with a new blade as I didn't think a thrice used blade was quite the way to make an assessment of a razor.

First strokes and looking good. I am still wary of OC's (based on looks alone) and do feel they don't have the same level of precision and accuracy as an SB, but I am sure time and familiarity would change my thoughts here. However as a plus point they certainly seem to clog a damn sight less and there is less residual (if any) on the blade at ghe end of the shave. Does this prolong blade life? I don't know but some food for thought.

Again I find the shave takes longer than its SB brother, but again a startling end result and delivered in a nice efficient and effortless manner. Slap some moisturiser on after a Witch Hazel rinse and very happy bunnyism prevails.

Without feeling I am just saying sweet words because this is a Tatara pass around, but each and every one of these titanium offerings have delivered superb results with minimal effort. Then again and to be stark and honest, so do their Stainless razors at half the cost. I have one more trial to make next week when I bring the stainless silver Nodachi back from Yorkshire and a Nodachi vs Nodachi vs Nodachi shoot out.

Overall though I still stick by my guns that if I was to choose one particular razor from this bunch of lightweights it would be the Masamune. If it wasn't for the fact I am waiting for my Lambda to be made available I may have already bitten the bullet. As it is may be later in the year. Who knows. Other than Mrs Satanfriendly who would simply say, "Go fuck yourself".

So for a particular TSR member I shall end this evening's tales from the sink with some of those puffyshoes girls....

A Super villian hero this evening

Thu 12
Soap Mystic Water Coconut Sandalwood
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher Steamship 7/8 Wedge
Aftershave Axe Signature Denim Splash
Nice enough soap with a light scent but fantastic lather qualities.
I understand the meaning of the final shave test... rather than TTT & HHT. This razor failed both but decided to proceed anyway. It shaved beautifully for 3 passes...smooth, comfortable, and efficient. The final results were between bbs-ccs. Nice!!
20230112_124208.jpg

SOTD: 12th January 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.
Blade: Centwin SP. (D2)
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminium Handle Tech S4. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Boots Cucumber Facial Toner. / Cien Men Aqua ASL. / Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

Greetings,

A wonderful shave to finish my shaving week off in style with an eclectic shaving assortments from my shaving den that i've infrequently used.

The Gillette Tech is a remarkable in-expensive razor that i will always have in my shaving den.

My reacquaintance with Both the Treet Black Carbon & Centwin SP throughout the week has been superb.

I feel as though with i could quite easily get another 1-2 shaves from the Centwin SP.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Titanium stories part IV and a shave themed, 'Super hero or Super villian?'. A shave about baring more teeth and openly combing away facial fluff.

View attachment 98788

Razorman - Tatara Nodachi OC
Dark Blade - Polsilver Lodz
The twisted brush - Hive-2
Creaming woman - MDC Fougere
Smellyman - Floris Elite

'Bigpenileslidingmonsterman'

More fascinating titanium facts. Titanium can be alloyed with iron, aluminium, vanadium, and molybdenum, among other elements, to produce strong, lightweight alloys for aerospace (jet engines, missiles, spacecraft, expensive sex toys and razors). It has a Brinell hardness measurement of 716–2770 MPa.

Ain't titanium great?

And so the final piece of the titanium jigsaw and enter the Nodachi Open Comb. Again a beautiful piece of engineering even if OC's are not quite my forte. It is one thing I do have to say for Tatara and that is they really do have a high standard of quality and finish. Together with a very well engineered and well thought out design they are towards the top of the razor tree. I am sure there are plenty of happy owners out there. Personally I think it would be great if they could make a run of polished razors even if just for a limited release.

Team lather for this evening being lead by the wonderful little Hive-2 brush and one of the finest Soaps out there, the MDC Fougere. For this shave I went with a new blade as I didn't think a thrice used blade was quite the way to make an assessment of a razor.

First strokes and looking good. I am still wary of OC's (based on looks alone) and do feel they don't have the same level of precision and accuracy as an SB, but I am sure time and familiarity would change my thoughts here. However as a plus point they certainly seem to clog a damn sight less and there is less residual (if any) on the blade at ghe end of the shave. Does this prolong blade life? I don't know but some food for thought.

Again I find the shave takes longer than its SB brother, but again a startling end result and delivered in a nice efficient and effortless manner. Slap some moisturiser on after a Witch Hazel rinse and very happy bunnyism prevails.

Without feeling I am just saying sweet words because this is a Tatara pass around, but each and every one of these titanium offerings have delivered superb results with minimal effort. Then again and to be stark and honest, so do their Stainless razors at half the cost. I have one more trial to make next week when I bring the stainless silver Nodachi back from Yorkshire and a Nodachi vs Nodachi vs Nodachi shoot out.

Overall though I still stick by my guns that if I was to choose one particular razor from this bunch of lightweights it would be the Masamune. If it wasn't for the fact I am waiting for my Lambda to be made available I may have already bitten the bullet. As it is may be later in the year. Who knows. Other than Mrs Satanfriendly who would simply say, "Go fuck yourself".

So for a particular TSR member I shall end this evening's tales from the sink with some of those puffyshoes girls....

A Super villian hero this evening

Don’t be wary of OC, SF San, just play the 70’s Blue Oyster Cult hit, “Don’t fear the reaper” whilst you enjoy the closest of shave. :ROFLMAO:

Thur 12th January

The Grosvenor 404 mixed
Ach Brito Mogno
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 5 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Cannot be bothered changing Razors as want a no fuss Shave, so again used the Evo. Out today to replace punctured tyre, not too keen on the Space Saver Spare wheel, am hoping Alloy Rim is re useable.

05D0D5E3-4137-4F49-8CE4-3E95093F61F4.jpeg

Thursday 12 January

Claymore Evolution,
Feather Pro blade, 2nd use.
Gillette standard brush synthetic reknot,
Saponificio Varesino 1945.

The razor is weighty and feels like most of it is in the handle. The handle could probably drive a 6 inch nail into an oak plank with ease. Teamed up with the Feather pro the first wtg pass was very close, certainly closer than yesterday’s Excaliber shave, although that was with an older blade. Second atg pass and pick ups got the job done although it left my skin a tad irritated but the Gillette moisturiser gel soon calmed things down. The SV 1945 soap is soft and creamy and easily applied but scent wise, whilst not bad, it’s underwhelming.
Have an excellent day fellas!

259400A4-1AB2-4F46-9D3F-2A9C810265C1.jpeg

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( D )
Blade = Brazilian Wilkinson Sword ( 2 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Soap = Officers & Gentlemans By Trumpers
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Australian Bodycare Tea Tree
View attachment 98763Well another cracker for me before bed time.
probably an unusual time to shave but just finished work and relatively awake ish.
The blade was everything i thought it would be
total class and very similar to the first shave.
I had 1 weeper due to a mosquito bite healing on my neck ( little shits )
The Soap was a first for me and the last of the recent acquisitions.
This performed very similar to the Oxford Blue & again a lovely clean, fresh scent.
No dissipation at all which is unusual
being a trumper soap you just come to expect it but no nothing just a thick creamy lather.
If Trumpers can make two soaps this good it just makes me wonder why the rest are shite lol.
Anyway lads enjoy the rest of the week
it’s bed time for me.
Adios Amigo’s
and as always
Stay Safe
I've received my two pucks of GFT Officers and Gentlemen soap and am looking forward to using them, another purchase made due to your high praise of these soaps, thank you!

Paul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom