SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

SotD

Joserra Rodrigo de Jerez - Shaving Soap.
Voigt & Cop (Mammoth tooth stabilized with bronze colored resin, black buffalo horn, brass) - Shaving Brush.
1930s brit. Big Fellow Chromium #20 RFB (Raised Flat Bottom) - Razor.
Gillette Super Silver - Blade.
Joserra Rodrigo de Jerez - After Shave.
Penhaligon's Blazing Mr Sam - EdP.

-

45027565zr.jpg

45027566ws.jpg

45027567ks.jpg

45027568zg.jpg

45027569vl.jpg

45027570db.jpg

45027571mg.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart's Pre-shave
Razor: TBC (to be confirmed)
Blade: Personna Platinum (2)
Brush: Omega 10029
S Soap: TGFS – Orange Empire

A mild shave, maybe a tad too mild for my liking. One too aggressive the other one too mild, gosh I am hard to please!
As it goes for the brush...hmmm not impressed. My first 'piggy' brush and from the go it stands no place against the synthetic ones I have. Prickly, doesn't lather easy, needs reloading during the shave all bad stuff. But it's only going to get better isn't it. Perseverance is the key here from what I read. It needs breaking in so I shall persist.

Wishing you a great weekend ahead like an ideal shave, not too mild not too aggressive just right!

SOTD.jpeg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart's Pre-shave
Razor: TBC (to be confirmed)
Blade: Personna Platinum (2)
Brush: Omega 10029
S Soap: TGFS – Orange Empire

A mild shave, maybe a tad too mild for my liking. One too aggressive the other one too mild, gosh I am hard to please!
As it goes for the brush...hmmm not impressed. My first 'piggy' brush and from the go it stands no place against the synthetic ones I have. Prickly, doesn't lather easy, needs reloading during the shave all bad stuff. But it's only going to get better isn't it. Perseverance is the key here from what I read. It needs breaking in so I shall persist.

Wishing you a great weekend ahead like an ideal shave, not too mild not too aggressive just right!

View attachment 98881
Cool pic! Just needs a purple towel.

Seriously though, nice pic D.

No photo today, but I used the following for a very pleasant shave this lunchtime.

Razor: Merkur 15C Open Comb
Blade: Personna Israeli Crystal (1)
Soap: TOBS Tobacco Leaf
Brush: Semogue Owners Club - boar
Pre-shave: Proraso White
Post-shave: P&B Trafalgar AS
Bowl: Scuttle

This was my first shave with the TOBS Tobacco Leaf and it's a very nice scent indeed. Not too powerful in terms of the tobacco but still sweet and fresh. It put me in mind of Trafalgar from P&B and so that's what I used. As always the 15C performed really well, with the smooth Israeli blade. Although it did bite me once, when I wasn't looking.

HAGWE!

Fri 13
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor Thiers Issard 69 Frameback
Aftershave Stirling Executive Man Splash
Beautiful lather qualities and scent from this soap...& splash...
Another sweet, buttery-smooth shave with this razor. 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230113_191957.jpg

Friday 13th :eek:
as it’s Friday 13th and I’m in no way superstitious I decided to have a mild shave today. Choosing the Enders SE and the 50s GEM push button razor as a pick up tool. Within my small collection of vintage razors the Enders is probably the most Heath Robinson. It doesn't take the ubiquitous GEM but will take an injector blade after a lot of fiddling. There are no blade stops on the safety bar so it’s secured by small magnets glued to an old Enders carrier blade that has small sticky out ears enabling that blade to be held firm. I say, please keep up at the back there, I’m not going to repeat myself. So getting an ok blade gap is a bit hit or miss.
Nevertheless, after soaping up with RR Puros, a favourite of mine, with a vintage Superdrug bristle the Enders first pass wtg was mild and just about ok. Brought up the heavy guns with the GEM, which does take a modern GEM blade, and finished atg and pick ups for a comfortable if mild finish, which is what I set out to achieve. Splashed on Puros after shave for a very satisfying feeling of achievement.
Have a fine end to the week fellas, it’s POETS day after all :)

CB5F837A-0BE8-478D-9620-A56203F05767.jpeg

Maiden voyage of the Fatip (at least for me) so it's a shame this was a bad shave.

My impatience to use the razor means I shaved before my skin had enough time to adjust from last night's shave. The result is close in patches and not very close elsewhere. Yesterday's shave was very close with an uncoated blade which doesn't help.

Initial impressions on the razor: I like the closed comb head (have yet to try the open comb) but find the Piccolo handle to be a bit too short for me and not very grippy. I will see how my opinion stands when I get more practice with it.

I finished with Arko balm - not used for years - forgetting why I don't use it. It makes my skin feel quite sore and a little itchy afterwards.
What a shame, and all down to the idiot on the end of the razor!

I still want to use up the 7days and German Personna but thought a new blade would be best for my first time with this razor.
I'll be using them in it over the next few shaves.

Incidentally, since th blade date code is V this is a blade from 2001 since the packaging and logo is too modern to be from 1975.

Rating: 2 / 5

Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: Semogue 1305
Lather: Goya Corvette (Blue Moss)
Aftershave: Arko Balm https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63c1ae9a718a6562eace6ee4
PXL_20230113_181944247.jpg

Back
Top Bottom