SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

A titanium free evening and a shave themed, 'The return of the Big boys'

20230112_204349.jpg

Heavyweight champ - Stainless Mongoose
Burly blade - Feather Super Professional
Strapping young brush - PAA Pelegrino
Supercollosal soap - Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg
John Holmes' cream - L'Occitane Cade balm

A wonderful return to the world of 'big' after a week of playing light and flighty with the titanium gang. Not only that but a return to SE's and my God razor, the Mongoose. Brilliance with expediency and a fuss free delivery. SE's really are all that. Great to receive a mail from Tatara this week advising that this year they will be developing an SE razor. If they get it as correct as their DE's this will be one to look forward to.

Also a welcome return to the Bath House Spanish fig soap and in this case one apparently made from 'Blurgh' according to @pjgh . And as usual a superb turn out. Did someone say Blurgh?

Big razor, big grin value. Well worthy of a follow up from those TsuShiMaMiRe ladies.

SOTD 12-Jan
20230112_103403.jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: Black Watch
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Proline (6)

Absolutely love this black watch. From what I'd read before getting my hands on it it seems to be a bit of a marmite soap, in both performance and scent. Zero complaints from me on either side, as I've said before it definitely has a ring of PAA which is no bad thing.

Very good finish, seem to be noticing a little drop off in the blade which I didn't expect just yet, or perhaps it was the tired shave this morning, we'll see on next use.

Hope everyone has a grand day and a good kick off to the weekend.

Cheers

Marc

Friday 13th January

Semogue 2030B Boar - Signature Soaps Capra - Kasho/Kai Excelia/Feather Pro - Pashana Original AS

Probably the best shave I have ever had with the Excelia. I will put that down to the long run of AC type shaves. I am now having to hold back a little to avoid any accidents!

2 passes and a touch up for a great result :)

Razor = Gillette King C
Blade = Brazilian Wilkinson Sword ( 3 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Soap = Arko Comfort with matching cologne & balm.
F2E261DC-C6EE-4F98-AF60-8EFEDCF0DAD3.jpegAnother Cracking shave for me although not bbs but certainly very enjoyable & acceptable from one of the cheapest products on the planet.
The cream is £1.49 of Amazon with the splash & balm being around double that price.
Not to bad in all fairness.
i like taking these types of products abroad with me & if my luggage goes missing then i have lost out although the brush goes in the hand luggage
saying that the brush isn’t expensive either.
Anyway it’s 08.54 here in Brazil and i’m off to bed
Enjoy your weekend Boys & Girls & as usual
Stay Safe

Friday January 13, 2023
Razor: 30's Aristocrat
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Star 704 Bone Handle/Boti Badger
Soap: Stirling Gin and Tonic on the Rocks
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Clubman Gents Gin
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,530
vxSER16.jpg

13/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Erasmic Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - Parker Adjustable Injector
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 02 (7).JPG
I had fitted the 20mm AP shave knot in a cheap Erasmic handle i had, the handle needed a little Dremel work to fit but it went in easily enough. Today i gave it a run out. A revelation compared to the 22m AP handle it came in, it feels nice in the hand and is a very nice face latherer.
I opened up the Parker to around 4.5 and it has delivered a very nice shave.
Nice that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

That's a bumber, Bruce
I'm not seeing any ads, thankfully.
@globalm , has TSR been targeted again?
Just to be clear, TSR has never been 'Targeted' at all! I say this because it sounds as if we're in a Royal Mail situation with Russian hackers demanding ransom. No cause for alarm.

We pay some of our costs by permitting advertising and suppress the adverts for Supporters. The problem is that the ad feeds are sneaky and ways round suppression are found. It's not a consistent issue and can depend on how you are accessing the site.

That said I'll ask @Boab to take a look. Please post on 'Feedback' forum, giving as many details of the issue as you can.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom