SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

Thursday AM 2023-01-12
Birthdate in 1628 of Charles Perrault, who wrote 'Tales of Mother Goose'
5HmH7wm.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Woods of Windsor shaving soap (tallow) in Wedgwood bowl
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Wilkinson London Bridge (6)
Woods of Windsor aftershave
xxvpBmf.jpg
Rooney 3-2 Ivory Finest (24-58) (8).JPG

Last edited:
Superb shave from this setup.
I really like the Futur clone. One side's blade gap is much wider than the other but it works for me.
Very close shave - completely BBS in some places - with no irritation.

Really like the Old Spice Champion. My favourite of the range.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Clone Futur-style
Blade: Neepsend Stainless Steel
Brush: Semogue 1305
Lather: 3P
Aftershave: Old Spice Champion https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63c05ffd718a6562eace6ecb
PXL_20230112_192204871~2.jpg

Thursday 12th January

AL9nZEUVsgkvL7ljqvD_wNh2JdKKrx4piuQjvRz6819VIIiMQtqiqXyCLaR4FF3KSd3r0-4HcJmXvXmsyERRo_nlgunwK48ri4OznEQ1maRoIbVStZXgGyK-LUR5VGDDgJVsLhwOdkvQYRTD4xRWuf6CgaKhXg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Bath House Orange Flower Shave Soap & PAA Doppler Perihelion Synthetic 26mm
GEM 1912 (Curved Cap/Short Head) & GEM by Personna (4)
Novaya Zarya Chypre Cologne (as Aftershave)

Switching out the Damaskeene for an ever so-slightly later (circa 1920?) GEM 1912 still with the curved cap but also the short headed variant.

PXL_20230112_143708926.jpgSOTD January 12 2023

Razor - Feather AS-D2
Blade - Gillette - Perma -Sharp
Soap - Valobra natural
Brush - Omega 21762 boar
Bowl - Captain's Choice Aqua Marine Copper
Post - Baxter of California ASB
Frag - Aramis EDT

What a shave! I have not used any of my Feather DE razors for over a year because they're all in storage and I was really missing them so when I saw the Emporium was selling off a little used AS-D2 I just had to buy it and as I am a holder of the Platinum Emporium card I received the platinum discount, so a massive thank you going out to @Boycie83 , cheers Chris.
So now I have two AS-D2s along with my other Feather DE razors but it doesn't matter what I've got if I can't get to them does it!

Commencement of the shave....

The truly wonderful Italian soap from Valobra was whipped into a fabulous thick creamy lather with the aid of the equally wonderful Omega Italian boar brush with the colour's of the Italian flag in its handle, the bristles were quite soft but not floppy and with a little bit of scrub as you would expect from a new boar brush.
The Gillette Perma- Sharp blade worked beautifully in the AS-D2 giving an extremely smooth but effective shave. I had forgotten just how satisfying this razor is in use, the Japanese certainly knew what they were doing when they produced this razor, it's certainly in my top ten of DE razors.
I was left with super smooth skin without any nicks cuts or scratches. 10/10!
To finish I used a small amount of the BOC ASB and even though it is coming on to bed time I had a couple of sprays of Aramis because I never really feel a shave is complete until I'm wearing an edit / edp!
Perfectly shaved and smelling good. :cool:
I hope all your shaves were as satisfying as this one was!

Stay safe chaps, will be back soon.

Paul.

0AB286E4-4BEF-4F8F-9AAB-F05ABB687311.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (9)
Brush: Kent BK4 Silvertip
Pre-Shave: Nivea Deep Cleaning Face Wash
Lather: DR Harris Windsor
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute edt

Every time I start looking at new brush acquisitions I should reach for this brush, I absolutely love it. Perfect size, comfortable handle and beautifully luxurious silvertip hair. It can handle both soaps and creams with aplomb.

View attachment 98834SOTD January 12 2023

Razor - Feather AS-D2
Blade - Gillette - Perma -Sharp
Soap - Valobra natural
Brush - Omega 21762 boar
Bowl - Captain's Choice Aqua Marine Copper
Post - Baxter of California ASB
Frag - Aramis EDT

What a shave! I have not used any of my Feather DE razors for over a year because they're all in storage and I was really missing them so when I saw the Emporium was selling off a little used AS-D2 I just had to buy it and as I am a holder of the Platinum Emporium card I received the platinum discount, so a massive thank you going out to @Boycie83 , cheers Chris.
So now I have two AS-D2s along with my other Feather DE razors but it doesn't matter what I've got if I can't get to them does it!

Commencement of the shave....

The truly wonderful Italian soap from Valobra was whipped into a fabulous thick creamy lather with the aid of the equally wonderful Omega Italian boar brush with the colour's of the Italian flag in its handle, the bristles were quite soft but not floppy and with a little bit of scrub as you would expect from a new boar brush.
The Gillette Perma- Sharp blade worked beautifully in the AS-D2 giving an extremely smooth but effective shave. I had forgotten just how satisfying this razor is in use, the Japanese certainly knew what they were doing when they produced this razor, it's certainly in my top ten of DE razors.
I was left with super smooth skin without any nicks cuts or scratches. 10/10!
To finish I used a small amount of the BOC ASB and even though it is coming on to bed time I had a couple of sprays of Aramis because I never really feel a shave is complete until I'm wearing an edit / edp!
Perfectly shaved and smelling good. :cool:
I hope all your shaves were as satisfying as this one was!

Stay safe chaps, will be back soon.

Paul.

I totally agree about the Feather AS-D2, it’s the most perfectly balanced razor I’ve ever used.

2E469B38-386B-4790-B89D-1B9B2334FB51.jpeg
SOTD: 12/01/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Astra Planeta Puck
Balm: PAA Star Jelly Astra Planeta Balm

I love this little razor, always smooth, effective and efficient plus it costs next to nothing to buy. A great shave to start the day.

I totally agree about the Feather AS-D2, it’s the most perfectly balanced razor I’ve ever used.
It's great but I have to say that my WS-D2 imo has even better balance, it's longer lighter handle takes it to another level for me but yes the AS-D2 is indeed a lovely razor.
I would be happy to lend you my WS-D2 when I eventually get it out of storage.

Paul.

Last edited:
It's great but I have to say that my WS-D2 imo has even better balance, it's longer lighter handle takes it to another level for me but yes the AS-D2 is indeed a lovely razor.
I would be happy to lend you my WS-D2 when I eventually get it out of storage.

Paul.
That’s a very generous gesture indeed Paul and one I will gladly take you up on. Thank you indeed.

Neil

Back
Top Bottom