SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

SOTD 20230311.
w41Jjxj.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
M Keramiek / APShaveCo SilkSmoke.
Alexander Simpson "Bay Rum Ultra-Glide" shaving cream.
iKon X3 / custom handle.
Astra Superior Platinum (3).
Alexander Simpson "Bay Rum" ASB.

11/03/2023

Razor: Yaqi SS Mellon
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: Highlander
Soap: AdP

20230311_081200.jpg

Christ, what a day. I emerged from this shave and the bathroom to find a worried looking wife. Water was coming through the ceiling and walls on the ground floor. Turned out to be a leak in our boiler which is on the 1st floor. Plasterboard should recover and the leak is isolated. New part required so we're without hot water until next Friday. I'm also probably in for £6-700 to repair it! Sod's law I cancelled the boiler cover in December.

Weekend is going well. Shave was nice enough.

11 March

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Simpson Chubby 2
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

4364A3E7-D52D-4ACC-9671-D691A02E840B.jpeg
The third shave with the Treet in the Ikon and the blade was starting to feel a little dull by the end of the first pass. It lasted though the second pass and still achieved a good close result, but maybe it is not the best blade for me in this razor. A Feather blade lasts an easy four shaves in this razor, although I am disinclined to push a Feather too far as it can get quite nippy especially in an open comb razor.

6F45BE20-67A3-470F-8293-BE54BE36C190.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood Folding
Blade: Schick Proline (7)
Brush: Mühle Sophist STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Trumpers Spanish Leather Cologne

Wonderful early morning shave finished off with Trumpers Spanish Leather which I adore. I really must get the cream to match.

Last edited:
11/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Palmolive Cream
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Razor - Star Personna head on a Fat Handle
Blade - Gillette Winner Platinum (7)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Brut Oceans

The Star produced Personna BBS razor head is a little like a Tech, but a touch more efficient but just as smooth. It's a first class razor head. For those who are on the fence about buying one of these, I would recommend if come across one pick one up if you have the chance, it's a superb razor.

Nice shave.

Have a good Saturday my friends.

IMG_20230311_115106.jpg

11 March, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Occult Grooming Essentials: Hell Courtesan ( Prometheus )
Fragrance: Nemer by Boadicea the Victorious

SUPERB! absolutely superb.. the soap, the razor/blade combo, everything... superb.

Worst thing is because it happens so infrequently I do not have anything to stem the flow, no Alum, Styptic, nowt. Back to the Loo roll which I'm changing regulary. It'll stop eventually....I hope. ;)
I use alum as a deodorant/anti-perspirant (pits and bits :ROFLMAO:) so when my turn comes up on the wheel of misfortune hopefully that’ll stop it. Hope the mug’s on the mend. (y)

Razor = Occam’s Oren …
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 1 )
Brush C&H V18 Lemans Gulf
Soap = B&M The Four Horesman ( War )
with matching splash
Balm = Clarins Super Moisturiser
739061D9-412B-4FB6-B09C-35EE3DC80522.jpeg
Well Another Straight 10/10.
I haven’t used this Razor in a while for one reason or another but for me it’s the best shaving razor i own.
The Shave, The feedback on the razor is a joy to use,
infact i very much doubt there’s a razor out there with such feedback.
It really is first class.
I know these Potato Peelers arnt for everyone but it’s definitely my number 1.
i will go back to the wonderful Tatara tomorrow but i’m not keen on using the same razor shave after shave.
The Brush arrived thai morning it’s ok
not great just ok.
Apparently there’s not a lot of gel on this one in comparison to the V17 but for me they are fairly similar, Probably ever so slightly better but not by much.
Don’t get me wrong it’s still a joy to use but i’m really preferring the Scrubbiness of the Boar just now.
The Soap was also a first for me & a bst buy from Marc @Crossan.
These soaps are dark & complex quite similar in a way to some of my Declaration Grooming.
Very Wintery, very dark just exactly what you would expect from names like War, Death, Famine & Plague,
These names are telling you there’s nothing fruity & summery going on here lol.
The scents for me are class although this is the first one used in anger, again it just arrived this morning.
Over all this is one of the best shaves iv had in months,
Not that the rest weren’t good but this was special
Enjoy Your Weekend Folkes
Mike.

No pics but thought I'd post anyway

Hampshire lanolin No3
Merkur Futur clone (generous PIF @Jester )
Gilere Super Platinum
Nivea caffiene aftershave balm

Soap and razor do the job very well, blade just doesn't have the backbone for my beard after a couple of days growth. Smoothed off after a few strokes but just not sharp enough/robust to my limited knowledge. Ended up on setting 5 on the Futur Clone (usually 2/3 max ), with 2 passes as per usual, a 3rd then a clean up. Goes to show the soap is good as no irritation to speak of.

On a side note if anyone has a genuine future they want to move on I may well be persuaded as I'd love to compare back to back with the clone.

11/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Palmolive Cream
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Razor - Star Personna head on a Fat Handle
Blade - Gillette Winner Platinum (7)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Brut Oceans

The Star produced Personna BBS razor head is a little like a Tech, but a touch more efficient but just as smooth. It's a first class razor head. For those who are on the fence about buying one of these, I would recommend if come across one pick one up if you have the chance, it's a superb razor.

Nice shave.

Have a good Saturday my friends.

View attachment 102201
I might just try and pick one up sometime, Shubs. (y):cool:

No pics but thought I'd post anyway

Hampshire lanolin No3
Merkur Futur clone (generous PIF @Jester )
Gilere Super Platinum
Nivea caffiene aftershave balm

Soap and razor do the job very well, blade just doesn't have the backbone for my beard after a couple of days growth. Smoothed off after a few strokes but just not sharp enough/robust to my limited knowledge. Ended up on setting 5 on the Futur Clone (usually 2/3 max ), with 2 passes as per usual, a 3rd then a clean up. Goes to show the soap is good as no irritation to speak of.

On a side note if anyone has a genuine future they want to move on I may well be persuaded as I'd love to compare back to back with the clone.
@DRJC , glad you're enjoying the clone. But setting 5? 5.....???????
never-go-full-retard-tropic-thunder.gif

Back
Top Bottom