SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

11/03/2023

Razor: Yaqi SS Mellon
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: Highlander
Soap: AdP

View attachment 102194

Christ, what a day. I emerged from this shave and the bathroom to find a worried looking wife. Water was coming through the ceiling and walls on the ground floor. Turned out to be a leak in our boiler which is on the 1st floor. Plasterboard should recover and the leak is isolated. New part required so we're without hot water until next Friday. I'm also probably in for £6-700 to repair it! Sod's law I cancelled the boiler cover in December.

Weekend is going well. Shave was nice enough.
It rubbish when something like that happens! I’m still hunting bloody parts to repair the caravan from its break in but no hot water for a week is way worse!

Sunday March 12, 2023
Razor: Schick Type "F" Injector
Blade: Injector
Brush: Graydog Cocobolo/Synbad
Soap: Ethos Bay Rum
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Ethos Tortola
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,588
tLpGhSz.jpg

Yeah Boycie gave me one of those and they shave really well, considering what they are and what they cost, they're the perfect way to dip your toe in the AC/SE pool. Also they're so small and light they're the ultimate travel razor (mine has a stubby handle). Having tried one, it led me to buy my Hawk V3A for the main rotation but still gets used out and about.

First shave for several days and second with the Triton R3 blade.
Sometimes I find the Red Tip a little aggressive but that's with daily shaving and certain blades. The break in shaving for a few days and a decent blade made a very enjoyable shave.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Super-speed - Heavy (red) (1957)
Blade: Triton R3
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Signature Leodis
Aftershave: Myrsol Plastic Shave https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/640daacfd581142156d56f84

Boellis Panama soap
Neep Beehive extra dense badger
Eveready Jewel
GEM coated #1
Institute Karinite ASB
Bath House ‘White Cedar & Pear’ EdP

Pleasant shave after the bloodbath of the other day, just an easy two pass shave and smooth result followed by an application of balm as it is a windy day the cold drying skin out quickly. The EdP was a thoughtful birthday gift from my son after our visit to Ambleside in the Lake District last autumn were I sampled the scent in the Bath House store, the products I believe are manufactured in the local area.

Saturday 11th March

Soap • Stirling Shadow Orchid
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Feather Pro (4)
Post • Lynx Dark Temptation ASL

This Feather Pro blade has felt a little rough from the start, and I'd hoped it would've smoothed out a bit by now. Otherwise, it shaves OK.
Dark Temptation Aftershave seems to compliment Stirling Shadow Orchid soap quite well, to my nose at least.

Sun 12th March

Stirling Syn 26mm
Officina Artigiana soap
Schick Super 11 Cart
Schick Super 11 Ultrex ( 5 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

On a whim I had another Shave with this Cart Razor as other shaves have been quite pleasant. With only a days growth the Shave was very efficient and without any hassle the finish quality was excellent.

787FE3A9-2ED8-46B9-B58B-5C48ED5BA480.jpeg

Last edited:
12 March

Martin de Candre Original
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
ATT SE1 alu Calypso
Schick Proline
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

8F6AC745-DD64-49D3-9D64-5CB55640AE6C.jpeg
I don’t like this aluminium SE1 much. I don’t like the way it feels a bit like a disposable because it’s so light, but, it is definitely of one of the closest shaving razors I own. Taking my time this morning I had a near perfect two pass shave. Very close and very comfortable, no pressure. Ironic, least favoured but one of the most able. I can’t move this one on.

Sotd 12.03
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: Haylis artisan Rose shaving soap
Splash: pitralon swiss aftershave
Balm: arko sensitive
Alum bloc
Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: Gillette tech
Blade: Gillette nacet 1st use

Afternoon folks had a great shave this morning went with Haylis artisan Rose soap againnice Rose scent and a great lather nice dense and slick this time I paired it with the pitralon that I picked up in Switzerland and to be honest not sure what to make of the scent kinda medicinal I think but yeah not offensive
Hardware wise I used my newly acquired Gillette tech and yeah was a good shave I had a weeks growth and with a fresh nacet in it it did the job a nice 3 pass shave with a little tidy up anyway a great shave all in have a good Sunday
20230312_104302.jpg20230312_103548.jpg20230312_103954.jpg20230312_104207.jpg20230312_103615.jpg

Saturday 11th March

Soap • Stirling Shadow Orchid
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Feather Pro (4)
Post • Lynx Dark Temptation ASL

This Feather Pro blade has felt a little rough from the start, and I'd hoped it would've smoothed out a bit by now. Otherwise, it shaves OK.
Dark Temptation Aftershave seems to compliment Stirling Shadow Orchid soap quite well, to my nose at least.
I’m the same with Feather Pro’s and Super’s, much prefer Schick Prolines in my AC razors

Back
Top Bottom