SOTD: Saturday March 4 - Friday 10 March 2023.

Heritage Collection Erskine 150
Razorock ZiPeppino
Timeless .95SB Crown knurled handle
Astra SP #4
Alum
Institute Karinite ASB

A rare poor shave with a rash of weepers along left side of jawline and on Adam’s apple, used alum to stop the bleeding and an application of the balm to calm it down. So binned the blade and moving onto using an SE razor probably Sunday morning to give my poor old mush a healing break.

Friday AM 2023-03-10
National Pack Your Lunch Day
Ou1tTN2.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Ethos Grooming custom Honeysuckle shaving soap
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson Light Brigade (3)
Ethos Grooming custom Honeysuckle aftershave
R2GzHwp.jpg
mTPsMPG.jpg

Friday 10th March

AMWts8BzkI7yBBpyuPDGt6UgbMhmUoc-sf2judNhPdm1aqjymRJDPK6bWmx8pJVyh9SA91kNsAxZ6lXh0wd04cm3HEsMgpwYFM_w-1CYLmCImSec4A6uKOqJNjMj_rQ2oGzjoWw11nXk_lHb4VXzku9mEJh3OA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Culmak (Vintage 1980s) Shaving Bowl & Omega 80005 Pure Bristle 24mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & ASCO Super Stainless
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

There is nothing not to like about the ASCO Super Stainless - it's sharp, it's smooth, it's efficient. Straight-up 8/10 shave for a blade which is absolutely the personification of a damn good Super Stainless. In my gradings, that 8/10 is awarded to the blue pack Vidyut/SuperMax Super Stainless, the Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp green, the yellow pack Gillette 7 O'Clock and those new Sunny Supreme Stainless blades by way of example.

Of course, in the Lord fold it's absolutely on a par with its Racer & Crown Super Stainless counterparts, both of which I believe are the same as the Lord Extra & Blue Sword Extra. I do believe that there are indeed two grades of Super Stainless from Lord with the regular Lord & Shark Super Stainless being a standard offering and a superior offering in the Lord Extra, duplicated as the Blue Sword Extra and sold also as the other off-brands. I've yet to try a Rainbow and yet to try the Lord Cool. We'll see how those fit into this theory.

Smashing shave, that ... lovely to use the vintage Culmak, which I have a couple of generations of their shaving bowl; one from the 1970s and one from the 1980s. This one from the 1980s has a real herbal scent to it, likely lavender and thyme. Reminiscent in scnet of the Cyril R Salter current offering,

Last edited:
IMG_20230310_195522_407.jpg

SOTN

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Merkur Vision
Blade: Gillette Super Nacet (3)
Brush: Lothur Grooming She
Soap: Lothur Grooming Namkha
A/S: Lothur Grooming Namkha
Balm: Lothur Grooming Daily Hydrating Gel Moisturiser

What an aggressive razor the Merkur Vision is. I got away with just a couple of small weepers but great fun to use all the same. Enjoy your weekend.

Razor = Tatara Passaround
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 1 )
Brush = Shavemac 400 with Mondial 1904 Knot
Soap = MWF
Splash = Myrsol Don Carlos
Balm = Barts Balms Ben Lomond
3A4BBB86-1910-4C19-AD95-846FC2D8C088.jpeg
Another cracking 2 pass shave today.
i pretty much always do 3 passes,
not because i need it but i just like spending time admiring myself lol.
So from now on it’s 2 passes i don’t like what i see.
Seriously im trying to shave everyday just now so 2 passes is plenty.
It was great to get back to the Fat,
man iv missed it although my skin seemed a bit dry every pass again similar to yesterday.
I blamed th soap but same thing today maybe 9 weeks in the sun has left my skin kinda dry,
I’ll stick some decent moisturiser on see if that helps.
The Brush was magic,
i loved it plus it was a freebie from the Emporium,
i just hope Chris hasn’t lost the plot i mean no one gives away a shavemac do they ?
i hope he realises i’m straight :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Well so is spaghetti until it’s wet.
The Razor is top drawer and obviously the star of the show.
I don’t know what else to say about it other than it’s first class & two shaves in tells me it’s a must have.
Don’t get me wrong it’s not a daily shaver, But it’s certainly as quality as quality can be.
Just a total joy to use, A razor i didn’t ever want last week but this week i find it’s a must.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys n Girls & enjoy your weekend

Last edited:
F97A5EF7-C0D6-48B6-8A74-CEF66EC90B1B.jpeg
SOTD: 10/03/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Feather Pro, 10th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Yaqi/MSC Issey Miyaki Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Eau de Toilette

Today's conversation on my NHS diabetes prevention community.

Q. What would you add to your list as a 'reward' for avoiding sugar?
A.(From a lady who didn't spell check)
I would add to my lust receiving a facial from my husband (!?)

So as my final entry for this week of SOTD's I dedicate my shave themed, 'Lust, misspelling and smooth funnies' to my auntie diabetees.

20230310_145802.jpg

Razzle - Lambda Athena
Blake - Feather
Shaving bush - PAA Pelegrino
Soup - Signature Soaps Londinium
Post chafing scream - Collegen
Smiley stuff - Hash Guerlain Homme

'Arghhhhh! Stain Friendly!'

'I have a lust for loaf' sang a certain Mr Pop. Well Iggy, as much as you'd like some bread, today I had a lust which included being shoved. Step up that most beautiful piece of razormanship, the Lambda to remove my scruffiness and become smoothly ugly once again. A razor I don't think I could ever get bored looking at. Not only is it a cooker it also happens to be damn good at searing.

A wonderful face creaming curtesy of Brian's Roman named London soup and all lathered with the superb PAA shaving brush. If the lady from earlier enjoyed a facial from her husband then there is nothing more I take great pleasure in than having a bush on my face. Beats a beard.

I have recently rekindled my love for Feathers and this outing was no different with the Athena. There is a certain synergy between the two. I nearly wrote symbiosis there before realising symbiosis is 'any type of a close and long-term biological interaction between two different biological orgasms'. What would I know?

Altogether though one dumb found shave with baby button results. I guess I must be thinking of mushrooms here (similar to hash haberdashery)

Have a great weekend you most smashing people and I leave you in the good hands of those Puffyshoes girls......

I love you all

And in the words of The Rolling Stones have Sympathy for this drivel. Have a great one

Pre: Friendly Soaps - Tea Tree & Turmeric Soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods L2 V3 SB
Blade: Shark Platinum (2)
Soap: Vitos Extra Super (from the block)
Brush: DS Cosmetics A2S - 26mm Synthetic

20230308-125032.jpg

After a number of shaves, I've concluded that Shark / Lord Platinum blades aren't for me. I might however try one more variant just to be sure, before writing them off completely.

The new DS Cosmetics A2S synthetic knot is definitely a keeper for me. Soft tips, good backbone and less than 5mm glue bump.

No time to post yesterday so here’s SOTD for 10 and 11 March. Following the self inflicted damage done on Thursday to my right thumb holding a razor has not been very easy and so these last two shaves have not quite reached a high level of satisfaction but have still been quite satisfactory.
I’ve come to appreciate my thumbs now more than ever. I think I need to get some chain mail gloves for future tinkering with razor blades :ROFLMAO:

10/3
Above the Tie 2016, Feather pro blade
Signature Londinium Lime
Vintage butterscotch badger reknot

74E3FE0B-C5B5-42D1-A25F-48B326507211.jpeg

11/3
GEM 1912 Damaskeene, GEM modern blade
Bay Rum by Glasgow Soap Company
Ever Ready synthetic reknot

129D81B9-6F2F-47FA-B6C1-B13914EDAFD9.jpeg

Sunday 12 March

I was really looking forward to this morning’s shave with my Schick Type F which arrived yesterday from the USA. Virtually impossible to find these ultra rare and pricey razors in the UK and I did wonder about the F Type hype. Sure it’s an absolutely beautiful art deco design and the aluminium and copper construction make it picture perfect. It’s light and well balanced and after I fitted a new Schick blade it gave a very close 2 pass shave. I would say it feels slightly above mild but I’m going to use it for a week and see if it settles. I also need to get back to using the Schick injector type as the head/blade needs to be held closer to the cheek (handle at 90° ish) than say my DE razors. Anyway I am more than satisfied with this 80+ year old beauty and am fortunate that I can add it to my collection. No more purchases for a while now, honest darling :ROFLMAO:

Oh yes, thanks for asking, soap used was Evelyn and Crabtree sandalwood and brush a vintage synthetic reknot.

Have a great day fellas!

06976409-73A3-4FE9-B691-FCF7C40872ED.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom