SOTD: Saturday March 4 - Friday 10 March 2023.

Wow! That is some decorative piece of razor craftsmanship. Curiosity does ask which razor is it? There is something strangely beautiful about it.
Thanks. I agree. It's a Shield anodized titanium AC razor made for Boti Brush. That one is called the "Meteorite." I also have one called the "Meteor," shown below.

Q3I1GAO.png

fygJvZe.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Leonidam Horus Silvertip Badger
Cream: Musgo Real Oak Moss
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel
Scent: Musgo Real Oak Moss EdC

Running short of time with an engagement, so this called for a rapid 2-pass shave with abbreviated prep.
Not quite as comfortable as normal, but still very close and entirely satisfactory.

SOTD 10-Mar
20230309_111313.jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Razor: CB Karve
Blade: Wizamet (Z-4)

Excellent scent and acceptable finish, I mistakenly picked up the B plate rather than the intended E. Clearly too tired this morning, really must wake up before shaving. Difficult to tell whether the Wizamet is still holding up, I'm not sensitive enough with the mild razors. I'll pop it in something with a bit more welly tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Slept very badly last night to the point I nearly got up for a shave at 4am but instead took some Tylenol PM and that knocked me right out, so getting up this morning has been a struggle! Luckily a nice lime hit awaited me, and the ease of using the Moka Express synth was welcome. 4th outing for the Kai Pink in the Hawk V3A. I could have been done in 2 smooth passes, went for a third chasing BBS, unwise given I'm still half asleep. No drama but a couple of red dots where I pushed it too far. You'd think I'd know better by now! Anyway TGI Friday, have a good one guys.
20230310_085729.jpg

10/03/23
Pre - Haircut at Home and shower
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Luxus Silver Black
Blade - Voskhod Teflon coated
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk 10 (7).JPG
09/03/23
Razor - Luxus Bamboo
Blade - Voskhod Teflon coated
View attachment 101994

"I would say a nice razor for a beginner"
Humm? I may need to re-evaluate that statement up.png.
After thinking about the razor and Brian's comments from yesterday and the shave closeness and longevity, the Bamboo style is a good razor, however, i think my experience and technique had helped with the shave.
Now then, up today was the "Black-Silver" version, this razor is smaller in dimension, the Blade is held deeper in the head and very little of the edge is showing (see pic).
The star of the show today was the Signature soap, AP Brass synth and splash.
A wonderful lather was produced on the chin, dipping and building as i went.
The shave took a few strokes to get the angle for cutting. This is a very mild razor. The angle i ended up with was quite shallow. I think this razor would benefit from a really sharp blade. I also think it may struggle on a thicker, tougher beard.
Still happy with the purchase as these razor stands are well worth a fiver, so a free razor again. The razor was easy to handle during the shave.
Today took 3 passes to get where i needed to be, still very a comfortable DFS+ finish was achieved.
An excellent post shave routine finishing with the 4711 Jasmine, this splash is very nice indeed, a good fit with the Leodis soap.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Slept very badly last night to the point I nearly got up for a shave at 4am but instead took some Tylenol PM and that knocked me right out, so getting up this morning has been a struggle! Luckily a nice lime hit awaited me, and the ease of using the Moka Express synth was welcome. 4th outing for the Kai Pink in the Hawk V3A. I could have been done in 2 smooth passes, went for a third chasing BBS, unwise given I'm still half asleep. No drama but a couple of red dots where I pushed it too far. You'd think I'd know better by now! Anyway TGI Friday, have a good one guys.
View attachment 102067
I've had those nights/mornings, Hope the day improves for you
giphy (4).gif

Back
Top Bottom