SPL

Celtic sweep aside Killie to make it 8 SPL wins in a row. Along with an early Cristmas present from St.Mirren, we now have rangers within striking range.

A few stocking fillers as Ledley and Wilson make their comebacks with Izzy ready as well.

I have my tickets for Wednesday night and pre-match nerves are already starting to kick in.

Smell The Glove said:
Celtic sweep aside Killie to make it 8 SPL wins in a row. Along with an early Cristmas present from St.Mirren, we now have rangers within striking range.

A few stocking fillers as Ledley and Wilson make their comebacks with Izzy ready as well.

I have my tickets for Wednesday night and pre-match nerves are already starting to kick in.

Should be a cracking game on Wednesday Stevie don't hold much hope for us against Hearts.

Another full fixture list tonight.
We host Hearts up at a very windy Pittodrie tonight,then we have the Old Firm Derby which should be an interesting game especially with a 19:45 kick off lets all the bigots plenty time in the pub today.

scottymac said:
We host Hearts up at a very windy Pittodrie tonight,then we have the Old Firm Derby which should be an interesting game especially with a 19:45 kick off lets all the bigots plenty time in the pub today.

No money left for the pub, my ticket cost £75 and the kids were 35 quid each. Who said football was the sport of the common man? Still, it's a bit of a one off for me, and it's the twins birthday tomorrow.

Tip of the day: Sammy at 13/8 to score at anytime tonight.

Smell The Glove said:
scottymac said:

No money left for the pub, my ticket cost £75 and the kids were 35 quid each. Who said football was the sport of the common man? Still, it's a bit of a one off for me, and it's the twins birthday tomorrow.

Tip of the day: Sammy at 13/8 to score at anytime tonight.
Jesus Stevie thats an affa price for a game of fitba hope you and the twins have a good night.

I forgot to mention the price includes lounge access and free pies at half time!:icon_lol:

So I will be starving myself all day in an effort to get my moneys worth, and the kids are under instruction to fill their pockets. I hope that we don't get searched on the way out.

Well its game on now after Celtic beating Rangers.
I honestly thought Rangers were going to run away with the SPL as they had a massive points lead but give Celtic credit they have strung together some good results and now they lead by 2 points.

Meanwhile I was happy with a 0-0 draw with the Jam Tarts last night.

Quick note on last night's Celtic Rangers game. The Bigots must have stayed in the pub, as both set of fans were very well behaved with no 'illicit chanting' of note. Even swearing was frowned upon and the fans did a good job of self policing. So credit where it's due.

The only offensive thing that I could see last night was Kyle Lafferty :icon_razz: !! but he just winds me up.:icon_mrgreen:

Rangers versus my team Aberdeen today down at Ibrox,our last win down there was September 1991 and i don't think thats going to change today as long as we don't get humped i will be happy.

Will not be adding anymore to this this season due to all the shit Rangers are in and surprise surprise another Glasgow team have already won it.

This is really the time that the SPL needs a radical shake up but as usual the powers that be bury their heads in the sand and bow down to the 2 arse cheeks from Glasgow.

Scottish football is dead on its knees.

scottymac said:
Will not be adding anymore to this this season due to all the shit Rangers are in and surprise surprise another Glasgow team have already won it.

This is really the time that the SPL needs a radical shake up but as usual the powers that be bury their heads in the sand and bow down to the 2 arse cheeks from Glasgow.

Scottish football is dead on its knees.

As an immigrant here :) I have to say that the kneecapping of one of the OF does make for a more interesting league, shame it's not both of them.

Depending on who lifts the Scottish Cup there could be Europe for all eligible clubs in the top 6 - which is of course bonkers... failing that there'll still be 4 Euro places and only 5 eligible clubs...

The biggest thing that needs to happen in a small nation like Scotland though is a total shake up of the governing bodies : SFA + SPL + SFL doesn't make sense at all - when you're talking about 42 league clubs... it was mad enough pre-1998 when there were 2 governing bodies before the SPL breakaway now the madness (and thus the expense) has increased. It also means that if the SPL decided to boot a club out, the SFL doesn't actually have to take them - not very joined up at all. Merge the 3 bodies, sack 2 of the cheif execs and 2/3 of the hangers on and you're on the right tracks.

The SPL needs reforming to make it more interesting - since the OF (under normal circumstances should always be there or thereabouts for winning it and runner up, that means making more relegation spots (or more Euro spots - but that's not going to happen any time soon) - but since the financial armageddon of dropping to the SFL is enough to do for many clubs, those "in the SPL club" want to stay there so restrict the relegation to 1. (Those in England should know that the SPL TV deal gives the OF £1.2m each, the other clubs get about £900k average per season, I think that's worth about 2 places in FAPL prize money)

The SPL needs to be expanded so you don't get the slow-motion paint-drying wonder that is Inverness Caley Thistle playing Dunfermline Athletic 4 times per season (plus any chance cup games) played on a damp Tuesday in Fife - expand the division and abandon the split (which is insane anyway).

The media keep saying that the TV deal requires 4 OF games per season well if it is contingent on 4 OF games per season, how about they pony up for a cup played over 2 legs just between the OF (maybe call it the Televised Worthless Appeasement Trophy (Scotland)?) Hell - make it 3 legs, 1 at the new Ibrox Tesco, 1 at Parkhead Forge shopping centre & 1 at Hampden for the kicks.

The SPL+SFL as a whole needs a toe up the arse - Scotland (pop 5m, league clubs 42), England (pop 55m, league clubs 92) - either Scotland's got 30 too many or England is 300+ short... looking at finances in English football I don't think England is necessarily short. Also if you finish bottom of SFL3, all you get is everyone laughing at you - no other consequences - that ought to be a drop to the HFL/EOSL/SOSL whichever is appropriate - and promote the champion of that league (perhaps via a play off?). Crowds are too small (Alloa at the top of SFL3 are getting home crowds of 500, precious little TV money so even if they get £10/head - that's only £5k gross every fortnight).

It also wouldn't hurt to regionalise the first couple of rounds of the Scottish Cup (I say this since my local junior team had to travel to Wick Academy - which is a bloody long way from everywhere apart from Reykjavik - this season - take a right shoeing and then travel back... if the local publican hadn't stepped in the club might well have folded after 117 years on account of the travel bill for that one fixture alone).

Back
Top Bottom