SPL

I heard on the radio that it's a year since McGhee left Aberdeen at the bottom of the table. I can't remember if he was sacked or resigned.

This is the time of year when boards usually change their manager if they are going to, or back them. One school of thought is that if you are going to sack the manager then do it sooner rather than later so then the new guy has an extra transfer window to do something. I'd probably stick with Brown though, he should be able to keep them up and then re-assess during the summer.

Personnally I think that a manager needs at least two full seasons to prove his worth. McGhee left too soon.

I don't think it matters who the manager is there seems to be seriously something wrong at Pittodrie you just have to look at all the managers we have had .

I think Fergie put a curse on us when he left to go to Man Utd.

Smell The Glove said:
Fergie took 3 years to settle in at Man U and look what happened there!

No manager nowadays would get that time and I think that is wrong.
Very true Stevie but you just have to look at us the last 20 years the best manager we had was Jimmy Calderwood he steadied a sinking ship even though watching his style of playing was dire.

Well we started brightly today 2-0 up midway through the first half then as usual relinquished a 2-0 lead.
At least we got a point and not propping up the bottom of the table anymore.

hunnymonster said:
Not helped by Fyvie bending the linesman's lug with some profanities leading to an early bath...

Called him a f**king cheating barsteward is the rumour going about which is part and parcel of the game in Scotland unless you are the old firm of course.

hunnymonster said:
What stopped them going down last time they finished bottom? Was it Falkirk not having enough seats in their stadium or something?

Still plenty of time for them to hit the skids :)

Aye Falkirk had less than the 10000 seats required put your money on Dunfermline

Back
Top Bottom