Thayers Witch Hazel...

Splash it on like aftershave. The cotton wool and rubbing is for the ladies.
Thanks a lot for the clarification mate, I always thought Thayers witch hazel is for men and is actually an Aftershave, Had a bottle of cucumber thayers but never used it, today after reading this thread and reading the instructions, seems to be like a general use, medicine cabinet essential.

Thanks a lot for the clarification mate, I always thought Thayers witch hazel is for men and is actually an Aftershave, Had a bottle of cucumber thayers but never used it, today after reading this thread and reading the instructions, seems to be like a general use, medicine cabinet essential.
It's an astringent, and has mild antibacterial properties. Women use it on their wrinkles. Men use it to close up weepers and the smallest nicks. It also keeps the dreaded neck "wattles" at bay. I think it's also used on minor itching and burns.

So yeah, 'medicine cabinet essential' probably sums it up nicely.

It's an astringent, and has mild antibacterial properties. Women use it on their wrinkles. Men use it to close up weepers and the smallest nicks. It also keeps the dreaded neck "wattles" at bay. I think it's also used on minor itching and burns.

So yeah, 'medicine cabinet essential' probably sums it up nicely.
Many years ago it was used to calm sunburn.

So which Thayers is your favourite? I got the cucumber one. I think it's ok, not something that I have to have it, but it's good to have it just in case if I have a rough shave, I mean I prefer it to alum block to be honest and I don't use it that much.

Back
Top Bottom