Closed The Dodgy Schick pass around

A couple more shaves, much the same as the first so I have very little to add. The only negative with an injector is blade choice; unless you count NOS there are either the Chinese Schicks or the Personnas. If you don't like either of them you're out of luck. I might pick one of these type 'I' injectors up at some point in the future, an I1 or the I2 hydro magic. The size is just about perfect, the square handle's comfortable to hold in a variety of ways.

Unlike some DEs, the injector doesn't feel quite so... 'premium'. Which is a shame because they're solid, simple and they give you a good shave. I have LtBs address so I'll get this packaged up and moved on. Many thanks to Daz, for keeping this ball in the air and of course to Martin, for putting temptation in my way once again.

Something that Dick mentioned in the original thread struck a cord and I loaded the injector upside down paying close attention to not knackering the blade on the way in. I think I may have been guilty of that in the past which explains at least one terrible injector shave many moons ago.

Sorry guys, I've held onto this a bit too long. Work has got in the way of most things over the last few weeks.

Have PM'd the next on list so I can move this on.

I enjoyed the chance to try this razor, I found it very mild, that could be sure to the lack of weight, I have become used to a heavier handled razor, or maybe the different angle, I'm not sure really.

Back to my Gillette New or Slant for me for now.

First go tonight used one of the blades in with the razor as I haven't tried one before. 1st pass seemed to leave patches of stubble. After that I think I must have got the angle right (almost flat on the face) as it was much better and was clearing stubble well. No irritation at all from the shave so that is good first impression is I like this better than the pal injector I have, could be the blade though so will give the personna blades I have a go after the Schick.

Any ideas on how long a Schick blade is usually good for?

If it's a modern Schick injector blade I normally get two excellent shaves then it becomes very blunt very quickly. The good vintage Schick blades I find can give me 4 or 5 and die gradually bit there are some older ones which are very poor from the off (and usually branded as Schick Eversharp)

Re: RE: The Dodgy Schick pass around

NotTheStig said:
If it's a modern Schick injector blade I normally get two excellent shaves then it becomes very blunt very quickly. The good vintage Schick blades I find can give me 4 or 5 and die gradually bit there are some older ones which are very poor from the off (and usually branded as Schick Eversharp)

I believe these are the modern blades I got a good shave but not as comfortable as the first shave. Not sure I will risk a 3rd shave with this blade will try one of the personna blades I have next.

I ended up pushing the chick blade to 4 shaves maybe the fourth was one too far so after a break of one DE shave I used the Schick again with a personna blade from Connaught. Much better than the time I used one in a PAL injector I have. Will see how long this blade pans out and then pass along to the next in line.

A nice change of pace in the injector but it does feel a bit like cheating as it is very much like a cartridge shave. Still got a few weepers tonight so either the blade or evolving technique still needing work.

I'm done with this now so ready to pass on. I didn't know if there was an easy way to get the blade out before sending on or just to leave it in?

I will pm nts to forward on. Not sure if its best to wait until after Xmas to send on?

Back
Top Bottom