the se club

Hello, I was able to pick up a 1918 EverReady last nite on eBay. I have the '12's and '14's interested to see an '18!
My favorite DE is the 1918 '04. I'm hoping that this will also be interesting.

Ken T M said:
I've got 2 GEM's and a Schick Injector. I've only ever shaved with the injector once, have yet to try the GEM's.

Can I join the club??

Hi Ken do you want a couple of Gem PTFE coated SE's sending ? and a slice of Arko ?
cheers Danny

First time I've seen the package insert for the EverReady. Very interesting that even then they pointed out about making sure the blade was under the front prongs! as one of the chief instructions.

Johnus said:
First time I've seen the package insert for the EverReady. Very interesting that even then they pointed out about making sure the blade was under the front prongs! as one of the chief instructions.

You will soon know if the blade is on top of the prongs :icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz: Done it myself you do not do it again.....trust me.
Regards,
Pete

Doctor Beaker said:
Hi Wil, I'm only going by what's written on the packaging and instructions

Jewel1.jpg

I see. Never saw that one before, just this one:

Attachments

• everready9.jpg
    everready9.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 20
Wil said:
Doctor Beaker said:

Jewel1.jpg

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=4249

Do you think it's more advertising speak like Streamlined in a "car add" ? and about looks rather than it's name ?
and 11/6d here's one for 5/3d with x6 Blades !
everreadyadd.jpg

cheers Danny

Doctor Beaker said:
Wil said:
Doctor Beaker said:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=4249

Do you think it's more advertising speak like Streamlined in a "car add" ? and about looks rather than it's name ?
and 11/6d here's one for 5/3d with x6 Blades !
everreadyadd.jpg

cheers Danny

Mine is called "streamline", just as the Gems are called "jewel". However mine is from the fifties, just as the add. I have always believed /stated that the fifties model was a reissue from a thirties original. So it could be that in the thirties the ER was called "jewel". It would also explain the price difference.

Back
Top Bottom