the se club

Tardisbasher said:
Had my first ever SE shave tonight with a lovely US Ever-Ready 1912 and I'm hooked.
As it was a special occasion, I thought I'd make a Nanny's Ice and Slice & Old Spice Lime cream superlather to accompany my first foray into the SE world. Two wonderful, comfortable passes with no touch ups needed.
Happy days!

Can I join chaps?

Alan.

You are more than welcome. :icon_razz::icon_razz:
Pete

I have just entered the world of SE shaving. Got a Wilkinson Razor Empire for Christmas - not the best shave I've had but it's clean and I still have my face! I would quite like to try some other models now! RAD maybe starting to take hold...

tazz said:
come on guys any one with a se get yer self a wee shout out in here join our club

OK Dodgy look away NOW !

Razorssofar.jpg

cheers all, sorry Dodgy you know you want to join, Doctor Beaker

Doctor Beaker said:
[cheers all, sorry Dodgy you know you want to join, Doctor Beaker

What's up Doc,

Oh, I'm already a member in this exclusive club. Been using an injector for years and....hey, I don't see any injectors in your pics! Well, that's not good at all. We need to fix that quick like and in a hurry.....

If you look at my post on page 4 you can see a few SE razors in the arsenal. Hah,.....I never use em of course, but I do get to hold em sometimes.

Nope, I think I'm immune to the Gems and Ever Readys and the like. I do appreciate the 'help' though. To reciprocate, please allow me to loan you an injector and a few nice blades to sample. It's the least I should do.

Dodgy

Attachments

• Gem Junior 1900 002 (Small).jpg
    Gem Junior 1900 002 (Small).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 8
  • Gem set 002 (Small).jpg
    Gem set 002 (Small).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 8
RE: I don't see any injectors

dodgy said:
Doctor Beaker said:
[cheers all, sorry Dodgy you know you want to join, Doctor Beaker
What's up Doc,
Oh, I'm already a member in this exclusive club. Been using an injector for years and....hey, I don't see any injectors in your pics! Well, that's not good at all. We need to fix that quick like and in a hurry.....
Dodgy

Hi Dodgy, is it hard work shaving with a white stick in one hand and your guide dog in the other ?

RazorssofarA.jpg

Pals.jpg

this one came BNIB, so I gave it a try

PurplePal.jpg

I bought some Personna blades from Connought's Linky
now I don't know if I got a "duff" batch but it gave a really dull scratchy shave like the blade was blunt ? I'll try it with one of the new blades it came with and report back
cheers Danny

Doctor Beaker said:
[Hi Dodgy, is it hard work shaving with a white stick in one hand and your guide dog in the other ?

now I don't know if I got a "duff" batch but it gave a really dull scratchy shave like the blade was blunt ? I'll try it with one of the new blades it came with and report back
cheers Danny

What's doin Doc,

Since you're a new member here, there's no way you could know I do have assistance shaving in the morning. Yes, I have a helper monkey who mixes the lather and puts the hot towels on my face. Sadly, he's taken to peeing on the drapes behind the couch, which Sharon thinks is cute.

So, you gotta excuse me for not mentioning those razors you circled in red (thank you VERY much). If you say those Pal things are injectors, that's fine with me. They ain't though...

No, they are 'injector like', but that's about it Doc. Most people who use injectors blow their noses in the Pal's general direction.....no offense meant of course. You can see why I didn't comment of those two lovely additions of yours.....because they ain't injectors!

Hah......how was that? Just teasing you about the Pal. Yeah, they're not bad actually. Not quite the same shave as a Schick, but not bad. You should try those old Krona blades....seriously. Good chance they're still fine.

So I believe you should try another injector set up, just for the heck of it. I'm expecting a razor back this week (Schick adjustable) that would do the trick nicely. and I can include a few very sharp vintage blades in the package if you're interested. The right combo is just as important as a DE set up is.

I think you'll enjoy using another type of SE razor, and it's my pleasure to 'help out' if I can. Use the pm feature if interested.

Dodgy

Attachments

• bathroom monkey (Custom).jpg
    bathroom monkey (Custom).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 7
Had my first SE shave today with an Ever Ready 1912. It left me feeling a bit sore and the alum block was stingy-er than normal. I'll have to practice technique. Can anyone tell me how long the GEM SE blades last compared to DE blades? I guess they'd last half the number of shaves you get from a DE :huh:

mark68 said:
Had my first SE shave today with an Ever Ready 1912. It left me feeling a bit sore and the alum block was stingy-er than normal. I'll have to practice technique. Can anyone tell me how long the GEM SE blades last compared to DE blades? I guess they'd last half the number of shaves you get from a DE :huh:

Keep the head flat against your face, and no pressure. A ss Gem lasts me about 10 shaves. For me that's about twice the number of a DE blade.

dodgy said:
Doctor Beaker said:
[Hi Dodgy, is it hard work shaving with a white stick in one hand and your guide dog in the other ?

cheers Danny
What's doin Doc,
So, you gotta excuse me for not mentioning those razors you circled in red (thank you VERY much). If you say those Pal things are injectors, that's fine with me. They ain't though...

No, they are 'injector like', but that's about it Doc. Most people who use injectors blow their noses in the Pal's general direction.....no offense meant of course. You can see why I didn't comment of those two lovely additions of yours.....because they ain't injectors!

Hah......how was that? Just teasing you about the Pal. Yeah, they're not bad actually. Not quite the same shave as a Schick, but not bad. You should try those old Krona blades....seriously. Good chance they're still fine.

So I believe you should try another injector set up, just for the heck of it. I'm expecting a razor back this week (Schick adjustable) that would do the trick nicely. and I can include a few very sharp vintage blades in the package if you're interested. The right combo is just as important as a DE set up is.

I think you'll enjoy using another type of SE razor, and it's my pleasure to 'help out' if I can. Use the pm feature if interested.
Dodgy

Hi Dodgy, thanks for the kind offer (friendly forum isn't it) but I'll decline. I prepped up as normal and gave the purple Pal another try - second shave with blade - no way it's Blunt! swapped it for a Schick Krona even worse ! final go, tried another Personna blade - perfect smooth effortless shave, so the first one out was a “duffer”. But I don't like the razor as I can hardly feel it in my hand, the handle hardly weighs anything and the whole razor only weighs 3/4 oz. compared with my most tactile razor an Ever Ready Jewel which weighs 2-3/4 oz. with the weight split between handle and head gives a great balance

RazorssofarJewel.jpg

I'm keeping the Purple Pal, but with blades being so limited over here, I'll deal the Golden Pal on and stay away from Injectors. Give my regards to the Monkey -
- cheers Doc. B.

Doctor Beaker said:
But I don't like the razor as I can hardly feel it in my hand, the handle hardly weighs anything and the whole razor only weighs 3/4 oz. compared with my most tactile razor an Ever Ready Jewel which weighs 2-3/4 oz. with the weight split between handle and head gives a great balance

RazorssofarJewel.jpg

Hello Doc,

AFAIK the Ever Ready version of this razor is called "streamline", the Gem version is called 'jewel"

Ever Ready Jewel

Wil said:
Doctor Beaker said:
But I don't like the razor as I can hardly feel it in my hand, the handle hardly weighs anything and the whole razor only weighs 3/4 oz. compared with my most tactile razor an Ever Ready Jewel which weighs 2-3/4 oz. with the weight split between handle and head gives a great balance

Hello Doc,
AFAIK the Ever Ready version of this razor is called "streamline", the Gem version is called 'jewel"

Hi Wil, I'm only going by what's written on the packaging and instructions

Jewel1.jpg

Jewel2.jpg

Jewel3.jpg

cheers Danny

Back
Top Bottom