the se club

Gogser said:
Sign me up too; I bought a Star Cadet off another forum member and an Ever Ready 1912 in a bakelite case off of Evilbay about an hour ago. :icon_eek:

Step into my web said the spider to the fly..........trapped you are now enmeshed in the SE club. I hope you enjoy SEs as much as me. !!!!
Pete

I'm in used my gem junior bar yesterday, had to leave it home so as to not risk damage or loss since iw was flying. I think the tsa nicked my persona de blades from my checked bag. Btw Sallys beauty supply has a sale on the Persona blades at $1.50 for a pack of 5.

Now look what you've done with all your enabling talk about single edge razors - I've been and gone and bought a third one :s

Serious concealing of purchases from the missus ahead of me, and possible bodily harm if she finds out and I cannot come up with a decent excuse for this...

Gogser said:
Now look what you've done with all your enabling talk about single edge razors - I've been and gone and bought a third one :s

Serious concealing of purchases from the missus ahead of me, and possible bodily harm if she finds out and I cannot come up with a decent excuse for this...

I know the feeling, the SE bug had me good. I've now got every Gem/Ever Ready model apart from some of the very early pre-1900 ones, and finally got the monkey off my back!

They all shave differently, but all give excellent results once mastered.

My good lady has come to accept it as one of my many eccentricities.

Gogser said:

I rather triumphantly thought to myself, "I may have loads of DEs (20) but only two single edge razors, and I intend to keep it that way." Then I remembered I have a PAL injector which I put aside till I got some decent blades from generous Dodgy!

At least I have no SEs on my list. For the moment.

Gogser said:

Try telling her that you're just giving it a long term evaluation on behalf of an inexpert colleague on TSR ........................ Course, you'll then have to PIF it on to me to give substance to your account !

JohnnyO. \:angel:

Hiya,

Big yawn.....oh, pardon me. Never understood the deal with SE razors, even after owning some for many years now. Got some good blades as well, but no motivation.

No idea if I ever posted this link before to a site with some hard core SE crazies. Good bunch of guys to schmooze with that I came to know on another forum years ago. They would be happy to see y'all, since their place is a bit sleepy and could use some of that tasteful and understated Benny Hill like humor that Limeys are famous for.

Anyway, take a look and see what's up. Heh, you can tell em Martin the shavingidiot asks them to skip the usual xenophobic fun. Yeah, kinda like the constant hazing I get here.

Sheesh, I can't post this link. Try looking for 'The Original Safety' forum instead......best I can do. Sheeesh.

Martin

Gogser said:

thats what i feel like ay the moment, got a hidden razor on desk that i bought a little while ago and had honed. was going to get a better strop but that is going to be difficult to hide

all they say is you have allready got one why do you need another one

Aye Shanky, you're right...

When I first ventured in to DE shaving, I remember telling my wife that I was waiting on an alum block, and that when it arrived I would be fully equipped with everything I could ever need for shaving. It seems that "want" and "need" are two seperate entities :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Had my first ever SE shave tonight with a lovely US Ever-Ready 1912 and I'm hooked.
As it was a special occasion, I thought I'd make a Nanny's Ice and Slice & Old Spice Lime cream superlather to accompany my first foray into the SE world. Two wonderful, comfortable passes with no touch ups needed.
Happy days!

Can I join chaps?

Alan.

Well, thought I'd come back to the SE experience. Kind of felt guilty with them the little "GEMS" sitting there staring at me. So just had a late evening shave with the gold Gem Jr. Treet blade. think they forgave me... Had a very nice shave.

Back
Top Bottom