The ugly side to importing and selling 'artisan' soap

DevonStan said:
Oh well, that's something I honestly didn't know was done...to lather up and manufacture the finished product in the same container as the puck. I'd imagined that the continuous whipping up with the brush on the surface of the puck in order to get the required lather would use up loads and loads of soap rather than just take what you needed and transfer it to the bowl and lather it there. I guess it's good practice to rinse the thing out afterwards as you would the the conventional (empty) lathering bowl?
Hi Stan, yh I would consider lathering up in a separate bowl more conventional. I use the same technique as yourself to just load from the puck, makes more sense to do it this way. Ymmv

For those who wondered about the regulation of essential oils, here is an FDA document that sheds some light on the topic.
http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2014/ucm416023.htm

Miles853 said:
Keep us posted on the soap performance those that have bought.
Cheers guys

Re Fredricssons Soap

Funny place to post this so I'll say briefly that the Mug is conventional thermoplastic so quite light. It has the benefit of keeping the lather warm and the raised ring at the base should keep the soap from getting 'squidgy'. Soap produces a good, creamy lather but I can't assess protection until tomorrow's shave. Scent is pleasant but faint. The lime and juniper smells more 'confectionary' lime to me and I'm not getting the juniper. No problem with the scent but not a strong point.

More on 'Shaving Soap' forum after a proper test.

MarshalArtist said:
For those who wondered about the regulation of essential oils, here is an FDA document that sheds some light on the topic.
http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2014/ucm416023.htm

That made me laugh! Mr. Young has been overstepping himself. But this is a perfect opportunity to mention that my soap cures all illnesses known to man, and has been scientifically proven to reverse ageing. :) That's a joke by the way, and in no way intended to be true or appear to be true.:s

But tell us you truly do sing wee Irish folk charms over it as it boils and bubblies under the Shamrock canopy oh soapy one. And, is it true that you stir the mix with a blackthorn posessed of strange mystical powers ... .

JohnnyO. :blush:/.

Back
Top Bottom