Tour De France

Millar -chapeau.
His mention of Simpson and his doper past, Wiggos £$%^ reply all putting big pressure on the yanks too. Don't think it intentional, but definitely ramped it up. I love the mind games.
Long week for Wiggo in yellow ahead, but if Porte can fully recover it's looking to be mighty close.
Stannard doing good in Poland too. The Mall will be the place to be.

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Finish of Olympic Road Race?

1232113_M01.jpg

From test event August 2011.

Wow. When was the last time you saw the Yellow Jersey turn on the burners and lead a team-mate out for a sprint? Even if it wasn't the team-mate you expected...

Dr Rick wrote
"Re: Tour De France
Wow. When was the last time you saw the Yellow Jersey turn on the burners and lead a team-mate out for a sprint? Even if it wasn't the team-mate you expected... "

You can't beat a bit of gratitude.
Also, the by-product should help keep the germans onside for London!

love'n'joy
Lloyd

PS. Did you see that Peta Todd confirmed Delilah Grace Cavendish was conceived during the rest day in last years TdF.

Ridiculous with the carpet tacks being put on the road, extremley dangerous. Spoiled what could have been a potentially cracking stage.

I did see that in an article online somewhere, yeah. If I didn't like Ms Todd so much (her twitter is great) I'd be reaching for a riding bikes joke right now. Got to admire his energy though.

Hopefully he doesn't have Bernie gradually raise the pace for him, doing all the work for a couple of hours, then put on an incredibly quick finish...

Whomever was responsible for the carpet tacks is a disgrace. The sort of person who'd do that doubtless won't lose a moment's sleep over putting an innocent person in the hospital, sadly.

Fido said:
So, apart from Froome - is anyone really capable of taking sufficient time out of Wiggins to prevent him regaining the Yellow Jersey after the time trial?

Heading into the Pyrenees,
Nibali has a better look about him than Evans I think. Evans has looked like someone hanging on rather than someone with the potential to attack.
Nibali is a great descender and this will be his last chance, maybe not tomorrow but stage 16.

My heart says that this is in the bag for Wiggo though unless something out of the ordinary happens.

It's been a long time coming a English victory in the Tour!
Come on Wiggo:)

Fido said:
So, apart from Froome - is anyone really capable of taking sufficient time out of Wiggins to prevent him regaining the Yellow Jersey after the time trial?

Froome won't spoil the party. Wiggo has got this race won. He talks a good race. He certainly rides a good race. And his brit charm and sense of fair play is going down a treat. Oh...and sideburns to die for.

Dr Rick - he he he!
Wiggo saying all the right things - but a wildcard rider needing a new contract could put a spanner in the works in either of the next two stages.
FFS, I know it's rural, but haven't they heard of double sided carpet tape? Still, at least no rider was beaten up, as has been the case before in the Pyrenees.

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Cavendish's interview on the itv4 coverage was really impressive - the credit he gives his support riders is great, and he's put his money where his mouth is good and proper on this tour. Incredible humility and self-sacrifice from a man who's been accused of arrogance in the past.

Cav, Millar and a few others tweeted that they were puking on themselves today, cos it was so hot and hard. Wiggo said two weeks ago that he wanted yellow at the SECOND timetrial because of the pressure of having it early. Tweets yesterday from other teams that Wiggo had no 'rest day', a trainind ride, massage, press conference, interviews, sponsor duties (and his own commercial and charitable duties). I really couldn't see Froome handling that THIS year.
Chapeau -Hincapie.

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Missed only a few minutes of yesterday's and today's stages.

Interesting interview by Wiggins after the race today. He admitted he lost concentration after leaving his rivals behind. Froome's time will come. I'm looking forward to Sunday. First and Second in Le Tour ?- fantastic for British cycling. Let's hope they stay upright and clear of trouble.

I often find myself screaming "get out of the road!" at the lunatics on the mountain climbs, but even by the usual standards the final climb was appalling. As what happened to Cav shows all too clearly, sadly.

Shame Froome didnt /or wasnt allowed to push on and win the stage yesterday. However as Wiggo said his time will come soon.I can see next years being a right battle.

Back
Top Bottom