Tour De France

In my opinion, it's not a shame that Froomedog did his job. He's an extremely well paid professional, who had the chance to ride on at least one other team but was too expensive. Two job offers at different salaries - who gets to pick which job goes with which salary?
As Cav has said, his "job" wasn't to win races, but to cross the line first to show his employers shirt. Now it is to get his employers name across global media via the Yellow - not green.
It appears that Froomes partner is the one doing the stirring, cue Cavs comment that his partner, Peta Todd "totally understands" his job. I like Froome, but his other half, unlike Wiggos,Cavs, Gs, Cadels, Millars etc is no good for his mindset or PR.
It makes non cycling hacks an easy story, but what would happen if a well paid goalie decided HE wanted to score more?

Loads of good positive stories during the tour this year, shame you have to look hard to find them. Allez Wiggo. Go Cav.

love'n'joy
Lloyd

A tear in my eye. Two legends truly created today.
Just for fun. - What happens when Froomedogs blasts it, and Wiggo is trailing with 29km to go?

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Outstanding - Cav, of course, but Brad riding for him like that, and (by Cav's account) being the first on the bus to say "no, boss, we're not having a rest day, we're getting Cav the stage".

Are Sky going to end up with the yellow jersey, second place, the most wins, and the winningest rider of the tour? Looks like it. Is Britain going to wind up with the most stage wins - maybe even more than a third of the stages? Could well do.

Good grief.

Yes Dr Rick - and without pharmaceuticals.
The expert on R4 was saying that while he can't guarantee everyone clean, all the science (more consistent, slower, lower Watts, blood passports) would indicate this is the cleanest TdF ever.
i don't know if we will still see the cyclists in Sainsburys like we used to, but seeing them over the last several years, perhaps it is something of me that's rubbed off!!! If so, Andy Turner, Tyson Gay and Jess Ennis are nailed on certainties.

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Its tomorrow WoooHooo!!
"I only speak pub French, and can not articulate my emotions"
B. Wiggins
"If he wins I'll run naked down it (Champs Elysee) with a Mod target on my privates"
Mrs C Wiggins

love'n'joy
Lloyd

A good English breakfast, followed by a relaxed shave. Caught up with news, e-mails, tweets etc.
Only anxiety was 'what to quaff?'
I wouldn't last til Paris on G&Ts, beer? wine?
Got it! I've spotted a lovely quaffing wine in the rack, a tribute to the man who inspired this great day.
Salut Indurain. A bottle of Tinta de Toro will do nicely, from just west of his home in Pamplona.
Must try to remember NOT to get out the Weiss bier after for the GP, but save a glass (but not for Alonso)!
Five days for the liver to recover.
Allez Wiggo
Go Cav

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Have a bottle of Bordeaux uncorked and 'breathing' as we watch Wiggo and Co on ITV. I don't usually bother letting a wine breathe, But Mrs A has recently attended a wine appreciation presentation at the WI. Mrs A hopes it will be like Bradley when we drink it, (Bold and fruity).

Quaffing said Bordeax now...as riders enter the Champs Elysees. Nice!

Wowser!
My favorite quote so far;

" tom jamieson ‏@jamiesont
Bradley Wiggins is a name deserving of a first rate Alan Bennett monologue involving a cream cracker and a misunderstanding in Morrisons. "

Frankieabbott - I'll take it as read that the claret had "legs", as the WI Sommelier would say!

love'n'joy
Lloyd

I reassured my sister when she 'phoned that 30 seconds was't enough to stay ahead of the peloton. Wife was leaping up and down at the end. I've got 'em all trained.

What a day! Raised a couple of glasses to Wiggo and Cav just now.

And there are people who just don't get sport.

But I suppose they must enjoy something. And that's great. Just wish they wouldn't moan about something they don't take an interest in.

Hiya,

Even though I know nothing of many European sports, I've still noticed how well some of the 'home' teams have done recently. There's the bike thing, plus that soccer tourney maybe a month ago that was a huge deal I guess. Sounded pretty amazing how it played out after 104 years was it?

Well congrats to whoever feels like it's in their direction,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom