Wallets

After following the tread for months now, I'm starting to become really bothered by my wallet. Cards just won't come out the way I remembered. I can't find things in it. It's starting to look ratty. Power of suggestion? Or do I really need a new one?

Re: RE: Wallets

antdad said:
Coin or no coin pocket?

I was bought one without and I hate it, bowls of coins all over the place.

Sorry to be so late to the party, but, as a retailer I have strong opinions about wallets with coin pockets. In short, they make you look cheap, tight and girly. A real man doesn't root about in one of those fart arsed little pockets for change, he produces notes and perhaps a handful of change if strictly required or requested.
Likewise only a cad pays for pissy couple of quid items with a card. Notes of the realm are masculine and stylish. Cards make you look like a wage slave with no autonomy and purses/coin pockets make you look as though you haven't any Bollocks.
A wallet should be capacious, filled with cash and the detritus of a life lived and experienced . Cards are allowed but never flaunted (gold or black Amex only make you look like a wanker) Fine leather is a necessity but Never brand new, signs of wear are desirable. Notes are flicked from it with contemptuous style only to land in an untidy heap which the retailer must sort out.
Apart from that I don't really have any strong opinions on the subject. :D:p:angel:

Big Skinny Wallet and a coin Bag/purse. I like how thin the Big Skinny goes though I'm still too bony to carry it in my back pocket, the purse is a soft leather one held close by two bits of spring steel - squeeze to open. It's getting a little tatty and will need replacing soon so watching the is thread with interest.

Classic Billy Bags. Soft, grainy leather full of character through use.
Note the complete lack of man purse... :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367258412453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367258412453.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 83
After years of various Tri Fold wallets, I was forced into a change when I opened a new bank account that came with 3 more cards. I looked for ages and settled for a Lloyd Baker Bi fold with additional i.d. / Driving licence flap. It works well, but the down side is it feel like the size of a house brick, that's all the years of Tri Fold telling me. NO coin compartment, that's for our female friends.

Big Bob said:
After years of various Tri Fold wallets, I was forced into a change when I opened a new bank account that came with 3 more cards. I looked for ages and settled for a Lloyd Baker Bi fold with additional i.d. / Driving licence flap. It works well, but the down side is it feel like the size of a house brick, that's all the years of Tri Fold telling me. NO coin compartment, that's for our female friends.

Check out the Big Skinny Wallets they really are a lot thinner. Half the thickness of my old wallet when filled.

maxpedition 90% of the time...sting ray bi fold the rest when i have to use it...so she says

coins??? whats them

gonna hunt one of them saddlebacks out tho...

Northam Saint said:
A Harley Davidson Tri-Fold for notes and cards and a Kangaroo Scrotum for my change.

Ha! I knew the trusty bawbag pouch would make an appearance sooner or later :icon_razz:

Count of Undolpho said:
Big Bob said:

Check out the Big Skinny Wallets they really are a lot thinner. Half the thickness of my old wallet when filled.

Where did you buy yours from?

dont use a wallet or a kangaroo nut-sack. have got loads of wallets but I find them uncomfortable to carry. I carry my bank card in the car and a stash of notes in my pocket. I get to the head of the que to be told what I am due and pull out a handfull of scrumpled notes. I then spend a couple of minutes sorting them out before finally handing over a note while asking "would you like the 57 pence ?) That usually really pisses off those behind me :)

Just ordered myself a Saddleback ID wallet. Can't wait to get it and see how it pairs up. Sick of wallets wearing out every 6 months so hopefully it's the end of that.

I've had a saddleback a few years now and it doesn't show any signs of wearing out. Prior to this I'd have probably been through a couple of wallets in that time.

It was only $15 USD shipping to the UK on any of the smaller wallets. $48 USD total including shipping and taxes for the Saddleback ID. Thats £28.39 at this evenings exchange rate. Now if that's not a bargain I really don't know what is! Really looking forward to getting it.

Alex

Back
Top Bottom