What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 68199
razorock hawk v2 in hulk green with some blades (5 or 6 in the pack - also I’m not sure whether they’re decent - I assume so?) - paid 20 for it delivered what sounded reasonable.
Completely new to injector blades and this format of razors - is there any difference in loading or something else I should pay attention too ?
That looks nice mate I must explore the single edge rabbit hole myself at some point

That looks nice mate I must explore the single edge rabbit hole myself at some point
Thanks! Tbh after trying SE half blade yaqi katana , this tempted me a bit too much ! Seemed like a cheap way of trying injector blades too.
Also the colour is so similar to colour of my car and that just pushed it over the edge haha!
Still didn’t dare to use my SR blades - but I know this’ll be another rabbit hole I’ll venture down to eventually since I really Love the looks of them!

Thanks! Tbh after trying SE half blade yaqi katana , this tempted me a bit too much ! Seemed like a cheap way of trying injector blades too.
Also the colour is so similar to colour of my car and that just pushed it over the edge haha!
Still didn’t dare to use my SR blades - but I know this’ll be another rabbit hole I’ll venture down to eventually since I really Love the looks of them!
Yes it’s the colour tempting me with that one too, honestly once you try a straight razor or artist club or similar you realise it’s all about touch and there is really nothing to be frightened of with any blade. We sometimes have a fear of something for reasons we don’t really know but once we overcome it we wonder what all the fuss was about it’s really no different that first time with a DE than it is with a straight just take it nice and steady and you will be away in no time

Yes it’s the colour tempting me with that one too, honestly once you try a straight razor or artist club or similar you realise it’s all about touch and there is really nothing to be frightened of with any blade. We sometimes have a fear of something for reasons we don’t really know but once we overcome it we wonder what all the fuss was about it’s really no different that first time with a DE than it is with a straight just take it nice and steady and you will be away in no time
I actually got feather artist DX on my wish list - just not ready to spend such money on it yet! I’ll have to give my dovo straight a try sometime soon! Yeah I was like that with de at first - kinda scary but after first couple of shaves it wasn’t nowhere as bad as I thought at first haha

I actually got feather artist DX on my wish list - just not ready to spend such money on it yet! I’ll have to give my dovo straight a try sometime soon! Yeah I was like that with de at first - kinda scary but after first couple of shaves it wasn’t nowhere as bad as I thought at first haha
Honestly mate if you’re straight is shave ready give it a try even just a few strokes on the cheeks to get you started do it gradually you can always finish off with a DE there is no rush. Straight up...no pun intended I was no more frightened with a straight the first time than I was a DE you might think you are but once you’ve had a go and picked it up..you will look back and think it was no different, fear is fear and once it’s overcome you’re off

Honestly mate if you’re straight is shave ready give it a try even just a few strokes on the cheeks to get you started do it gradually you can always finish off with a DE there is no rush. Straight up...no pun intended I was no more frightened with a straight the first time than I was a DE you might think you are but once you’ve had a go and picked it up..you will look back and think it was no different, fear is fear and once it’s overcome you’re off
It is - had it sent out to Billy straight away after receiving it :) might give it a run this weekend when I’ll have time for more leisure shave. Starting with cheeks since those are easy areas to have a go at!

View attachment 68199
razorock hawk v2 in hulk green with some blades (5 or 6 in the pack - also I’m not sure whether they’re decent - I assume so?) - paid 20 for it delivered what sounded reasonable.
Completely new to injector blades and this format of razors - is there any difference in loading or something else I should pay attention too ?
I'm going to be a pedant. The Hawk is AC format, not injector - don't want you buying the wrong blades. The Hawk V2 you've bought is probably the best value razor for entry in to the AC world. Use a shallow angle with it.

Only if someone needed to improvise a replacement for an obsolete design, in other words, no.

The GEM style blade is the easiest way to go, or an injector. I'm not a fan of the injector, but many love them.
Not something I’ve looked into before that’s what I was wandering if the injector type blade could be swapped for an artist club type blade, I may give a gem a go one day though if I can find one in mint condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom