What Did We Learn From Our Shave Today Gents?

That the Speick stick is a thing of wonder and that going ATG is not a good idea for me, no matter how well the soap is performing. Also, that Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender aftershave might just be re-branded napalm. Lit me up like a Christmas tree.

To be honest I wouldn't know. I bought the brass version to fit in with my DIY handles. For me it sits close to the Braveheart on the aggressive scale, but has a smoother appeal about it. I am seriously thinking of one of their others.

(I am)....Good God what was I saying here? In edit....I don't know if you have a Seygus Rowlers, but it is a piece of quality in every respect. The fit between the two sections is just so close compared to what I am used to. I like the way (in a similar manner to the Ikon) it grips the blade nice and tight along the full blade. Weight wise well up the scale and against advise it seems at home on a my heavy handle. Shall try it on the shorter brass DIY handle Friday and write up on SOTD.

Loving it as McDonald's once said, but minus the weight gain and crap aftertaste.

Last edited:
And today I learnt blades are bloody sharp. Manged to do more damage to my finger lackadaisically taking the blade out of the packet than running it across my face.

Last edited:
Learnt not to shave when the Doc has drastically increased my blood thinners. Bled like a stuck pig and not going to be able to shave for a week.

OK... What I learnt Monday evening...
Making lather in cold water is harder, even with my lovely OSP Bay Rum
Shaving with my Old Standard in cold water with a new Rapira Platinum Lux blade isn't quite as pleasurable as shaving with the same in hot water.
It is possible to have a damn fine shave nonetheless.
Without nicks :D

Back
Top Bottom