What Did We Learn From Our Shave Today Gents?

Which scent of the MdC do you have? I have the fougère; I've heard people rave about the lavender original, so someday I will have to try that. I generally agree with you about MWF v MdC though.

I have a sample of the fougere. It definitely lathers up like a champ but I found the slickness not all that great and the post shave was quite drying. Very glad I got a sample rather than forking out for a full tin.

That as nice as my other soaps are, I'm in serious danger of becoming a one soap man for the rest of my days. I've tried a lot of them in my time but I'm craving The Fat ever since I used up my sample.

True, but I was always undecided what smelled worse, this or BS Maca Root. Both excellent performers though.

"Preferences" don't surprise me anymore. I quite like the scent of Mara Root cream.

Most TOBS scents are very popular with our members and yet I would only spend money on two of them. The other day I stopped at the TOBS store and took a sniff of their creams, not impressed with most of them but I'm sure if I had to shave with the grapefruit scented cream I'd puke :eek: somebody else might love that scent.

So the lesson for me is never to buy a soap / cream / AS, etc unless I can sniff it first :D something I don't always remember when I'm about to pull the trigger on something :oops:

This evening I learned that I can both cut myself AND get irritation from my razorock stealth v.4. also not to shave angry. (Sports Direct refusing to exchange football boots which lasted exactly 15 minutes on court)

For some reason unknown subliminal reason I've avoided the Gillette 7 O'clock range to date. Having traded with @flobberdob to acquire a couple of packs last month, I tried a Yellow Sharp Edge in my Aristocrat #16 today. Truly excellent it was, maybe a frogs hair less sharp than a Gillette Stainless or PSI, but incredibly smooth. Looks like I'm going to have get a 100 of these as well now ;)

I learned that I need to buy some more of this nectar:
ivyik8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom