Which Blade now?

@pjgh switched me onto a few blades recently and I’ve been very impressed indeed with his recommendations. The new German Personna Platinum Chrome, Lord’s Silver Star and the Chinese Gillette Super Blue. Also Super Shave X from China. The PPC is my current favourite with the Silver Star hot on its heels followed by the SSX. Shaved with the Super Blue yesterday and it was phenomenal but too early to say where it shall eventually place. Perhaps the very top if they’re as durable as the PPC but more testing is required. It’s a hard life!

Reactions: PHR
These are made in Russia:

• Rapira Lada
  • Rapira Swedish Supersteel
  • Rapira Platinum Lux
  • Rapira Super Stainless
  • Rapira Voskhod
  • Astra Keramik
  • Astra Superior Platinum
  • Astra Superior Stainless
  • Iridium Super
  • Polsilver
  • 7 o'clock SharpEdge (Yellow Pack)
  • 7 o'clock Super Platinum (Dark Blue pack)
  • 7 o'clock Super Stainless (Green pack)
  • Silver Blue
  • Sputnik Platinum Chrome
I recommend to avoid them next time.

• Rapira Lada
  • Rapira Platinum Lux
  • Rapira Super Stainless
  • Rapira Voskhod
  • Astra Keramik
  • Iridium Super
  • Polsilver
  • Silver Blue

Thank you for posting this list, appreciated.

• Rapira Lada
  • Rapira Platinum Lux
  • Rapira Super Stainless
  • Rapira Voskhod
  • Astra Keramik
  • Iridium Super
  • Polsilver
  • Silver Blue

I’m also not planning to replace Russian made blades… getting good results with treet platinums, dorco titans and bic chrome platinums.

Yeah, the Super Shave X is a must try. For me (remember, I'm odd sometimes) it was literally perfect for the first shave, then really no very good for the second. I tried two blades. Literally everybody else gets that first shave feeling going on through second and third shaves, so take my experience with a pinch of salt.

Treet Platinums (mentioned above) are my favourite blade, which I get what I say is the same as the first shave for three more shaves; one of the few blades I can and will take to four shaves. I don't think there's enough love for the Treet Platinum. If you like the Treet Platinum, do try their Treet '7 Days' Platinum, which for me did five full shaves just like the first use and two more of excellent standard - truly, "7 Days".

treet classic
treet carbon black beauty

the lord blades seem to be two levels of blade quality with multiple coatings too create each offering. some good, some not good.

After trying what seems like endless blades I settled on:
7 o'clock yellow
Nacets

Bought 50 of each and will have enough to last me a few years as I use each blade 5 times.
Had a great shave tonight with fat handled tech and nacets blade, from a PIF. thanks to @saj.
It was sharp and smooth and might replace my favourite blade astra sp as it is just a touch smoother. Have to use a couple of hundred sp blades first though. (y)

Using a Personna, my usual blades are either Dorco or Feather. I am very impressed by Personna, good shave and lasts six shaves as compared to 4/5 with Dorco.

Astra blades? Just tried my free sample and well impressed.
Are there different coloured packaging so different blades?
Think mine are white paper so what's these green?

Back
Top Bottom