Which soaps contain lanolin?

We've had a few MWF threads of late and it got me wondering ... for folks that can't or if Mitchell's have finally stiffed us all with an ingredient supply change that has rendered our favourite soap now useless, which other soaps contain lovely lanolin?

Obviously MWF, but what else?

1. LEA Classic
2. LEA Shaving Stick
3. RazoRock SMDF

@pjgh

1. LEA Classic
2. LEA Shaving Stick
3. RazoRock SMDF
4. Haslinger Sheep
5. Squadron - Group Captain's Blend
6. Lea Classic - in tube
7. Most Sirling
8. Musgo Real - in tube

Last edited:
... and Shea Butter.

van-helsing.jpg

But other folks will love it!

Good, good! More?

The Vie Long shaving stick listed on McGuires doesn't contain lanolin.

Ingredients

Potassium stearate, potassium cocoate, potassium palmitate, stearate soidum, aqua, glycerin, parfums, minerals salts, coumarin, limonene, linalool, butylpheryl methylpropional, tetrasodium EDTA, tetrasodium etidronate CI 77891

Or Tallow...
See attached - I would - respectfully - disagree with you -

Sotd-16-07-20-05.jpg

Cheers - I.
To my mind these sticks are the old formula Lea - manufactured in the same factory - in Spain - perhaps that has changed? - In addition - I wouldn't take Maguire's descriptions as worth much. Just my opinion - each to their own. - I.

Last edited:
Interesting! I knew Vie-Long was LEA, but not that it is the old formula. Cool, cool!
You can get them from Connaught - cheap as chips - the address of manufacture - is identical to all LEA products - it is just rebranded for the brush manufacturer - as are the ingredients to the pre-refrormulation tallow stick - I have both versions - they are in my opinion identical - and significantly superior to the updated vegetarian/vegan formula - depending on how you feel about the use of lanolin. No sheep dies? I.

Back
Top Bottom