Which soaps contain lanolin?

Hockey was purportedly invented in England.

:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Played with a ball ... not a cake!

However, a puck-shaped soap is something I'm happy (irrespective of our cross-Atlantic differences) to call a puck ... because if it looks like a puck and it can be (ice) hockeyed about like a puck then it's a puck. If it has a cherry on top then I'll call it a cake*. Meanwhile, coz I got brought up about it and I am British, I'll continue with cake ... because.

*For fun we could get into the Cherry Bakewell (also known as the Bakewell Cake) debate ... is it a cake ... is it a tart? I've been to Bakewell ... and I've seen their tarts.

Keeping on-topic ... they have sheep in Bakewell.

Played with a ball ... not a cake!

However, a puck-shaped soap is something I'm happy (irrespective of our cross-Atlantic differences) to call a puck ... because if it looks like a puck and it can be (ice) hockeyed about like a puck then it's a puck. If it has a cherry on top then I'll call it a cake*. Meanwhile, coz I got brought up about it and I am British, I'll continue with cake ... because.

*For fun we could get into the Cherry Bakewell (also known as the Bakewell Cake) debate ... is it a cake ... is it a tart? I've been to Bakewell ... and I've seen their tarts.

Keeping on-topic ... they have sheep in Bakewell.
I've added him (not pjgh) to my ignore list now as he has been pissing on a lot of my posts recently when I've only been trying to post content that some might find constructive and mildly interesting (or if that's a stretch then at least on-topic).

That’s gentlemen only ladies forbidden, Mr Soapy Balls @havings. It’s called a cake of soap because it’s round like a wee cake. If it it’s a rectangular ovoid cuboid thing we call it a bar. For puck’s sake, the science is not of the rocket variety! If our colonial cousins wish to call it a puck after a game they play on ice, then fair play to them.

I tell you what, as referee in this sorry debacle, I propose a radical solution. We shall henceforth call it….SOAP. I thank you, you thank me, it’s love.

Send the cheques to:

I am not trying to get Gairdner's goat here! Whether called a cake or puck we all know it's simply a question of nomenclature seeing how we like to josh around here and rarely does anyone get their knickers in a knot.

P.S. Gairdner even promised to take me into the Highlands on a Haggis hunt with him as my guide!! Do they have antlers? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom