7 o'clock blades... But not yellows

Hi all,

I was just wonder what experiences our members had with the other 7 o'clock blades apart from yellows?

Reason I ask is you always seem to hear a lot of talk on the yellows but never seem to hear much about the greens/ blacks from India and Russia.

I've just been using Indian blacks and find these so much smoother than the yellows. I don't think I'll be using yellows again to be honest.

What are all your experiences?

Dipesh

I don't remember where I got these from to be honest. I've had them quite a while.

I've got Indian blacks and Russian greens in my blade case now so looking forward to giving these a good run.

So far yellows have been knocked off the top spot.

Does anyone know a good source for Indian blades? Connaught seems to only have Russian ones in.

Just received 100 greens off of eBay. Used the 1st yesterday in my Futur. Nice, seemed 'loud'. Might have just been me. Will try again today.
(19.95us with free shipping US eBay)

Hi Dipesh,
i got a really uncomfortable shave with the yellows,but,I found the dark blues (super platinum) made in Russia (sold on the Connaught site) were totally different,they were nice and sharp and gave a very smooth shave,something approaching the quality of a Super Iridium IMO,
Seasons Greetings
Derrick

The Geordie Shaver said:
Hi Dipesh,
i got a really uncomfortable shave with the yellows,but,I found the dark blues (super platinum) made in Russia (sold on the Connaught site) were totally different,they were nice and sharp and gave a very smooth shave,something approaching the quality of a Super Iridium IMO,
Seasons Greetings
Derrick

+1 on the Super Platinums never got on with the yellows or greens.

Re: RE: 7 o'clock blades... But not yellows

Dipesh said:
I've just been using Indian blacks and find these so much smoother than the yellows. I don't think I'll be using yellows again to be honest.

Whole heartedly agree on the Indian blacks - a lovely blade IMHO

I tried super thins, didn't think they were too great. I preferred the yellows but I tried them quite a while ago.

Anyone have a good source for the Indian blades or is eBay the best bet?

Just ordered some of the Super Platinums from eBay, and some in the dark blue edged box. I still like the Yellows, dont get on quite as well with the Greens (though I have some in my rotation) and like the Thins.

I suppose Im glad that there are still some blades out there that are good rather than cheap and nasty rubbish made out of old squashed milk bottle tops like some of the ones I have tried have been. I dread the day coming when blade manufacture moves lock stock and barrel to China as DE shaving becomes the preserve of the few, and the rest of the Sheeple buy cartridge razors.

Still, on the plus side, my personal stash has something along the lines of 12 years shaving at 3 days a blade.....

I love the greens, the Russian super stainless rather than the Indian Permasharp marked ones. They are my favourite blade ever, a lot smoother than anything else I've tried, they are also the most consistent blade I've had which is to be expected from the Pulkovo plant.

I notice I'm not alone and there are a few fans here nowadays, Jon Hall and (I think) Mertwje are two that spring to mind. I think I have about 30 boxes which should last me a year, given the fact that I give quite a few away.

Canuck said:
I love the greens, the Russian super stainless rather than the Indian Permasharp marked ones. They are my favourite blade ever, a lot smoother than anything else I've tried, they are also the most consistent blade I've had which is to be expected from the Pulkovo plant.

I notice I'm not alone and there are a few fans here nowadays, Jon Hall and (I think) Mertwje are two that spring to mind. I think I have about 30 boxes which should last me a year, given the fact that I give quite a few away.

Yep i like the greens and superthins

Back
Top Bottom