7 o'clock blades... But not yellows

I prefer the black over the dark blue. Gave me a smooth, pain and irritation free shave for about 7 shaves. Most other blades are gone by 3 for me.

Used 1 in my Merkur 37C slant today didn't find it as smooth as a superthin but still got a nice shave from it.

If anyone fancies trying some will send you a pack just PM me but will not be till after New Year until i can send them down.

Right Lads only got 4 packs left 5 have been taken already as I said will be sent down to you about the 2nd week of the New Year as I am just waiting for the phone call to go back offshore.

Don't want anything for them will just PIF them as i am not a keen fan of them.

7 o'clock greens for me superb irritation free shave and seem to last a long time at least 5 shaves! Tried the yellows they were absolute rubbish for me and have a pack of blacks I've yet to try but they seem to be getting some good reviews on here so maybe that will be my next blade to test.

Now I have the Russian Greens, used one yesterday morning in honor of "Russian Christmas", and they are very nice blades. Go well in all of the razors that I've tried them in.

Johnus said:
Now I have the Russian Greens, used one yesterday morning in honor of "Russian Christmas", and they are very nice blades. Go well in all of the razors that I've tried them in.

I was celebrating Ukrainian Christmas yesterday (Mrs is Ukrainian). Should have done the same!

My thoughts on Russian Greens. Not sharp enough! But I'd rather go though a pack before drawing conclusions.

Northam Saint said:
I won 50 blades on eBay last night, 5 lots of 10. Winning bid was 1p for each 10. Postage 99p for each, so basically £1 for ten, £5 for 50. Bargain !

Careful, I "won" a load from a similar new seller in Birmingham before Christmas. Paypal went unclaimed by the seller, was refunded by paypal and the blades never arrived (unsuprisingly) with no replies from the seller to any of my emails. I avoided these auctions for that very reason. I hope that you have better luck than I did.

tadpole said:
Northam Saint said:
I won 50 blades on eBay last night, 5 lots of 10. Winning bid was 1p for each 10. Postage 99p for each, so basically £1 for ten, £5 for 50. Bargain !

Careful, I "won" a load from a similar new seller in Birmingham before Christmas. Paypal went unclaimed by the seller, was refunded by paypal and the blades never arrived (unsuprisingly) with no replies from the seller to any of my emails. I avoided these auctions for that very reason. I hope that you have better luck than I did.

Just checked, payment accepted, but they are from Birmingham. New seller with no feedback. But it's only a fiver and soon claimed back if anything "happens".

Well I have to say that Im not overly impressed by the longevity of the Black Indians - 2 days/shaves and its bin fodder. Really, there is no point in trying to make it stretch to day 3, lots of scraping noise but not a lot of hair removal.
The dark blue edged Plainums on the other hand seem comparable to the Yellows in feel and longevity.

tadpole said:
Northam Saint said:

Well they are a no show so far. Said 6-8 working days so still a while to go, have a feeling though they will be a no show. If you don't want to sell something cheap why list it starting at 1p ?

WHEN IS A BARGAN NOT A BARGAN!
For me this is another lesson well learnt.

This has also happened to me and sometimes I say to myself is it worth looking on eBay for cheap blades when you can get them from Paul at Connaught and delivered the next day for around 10p per blade. For me this will be the road I will be going down in the future.

It won't happen often, don't worry. Tales like this are few and far between, most blade sellers (especially ones with mentions on here, if in doubt ask) have a long history of satisfied customers. I get my 7 o'clocks from a UK based Indian chap who has been superb so far. The well known DrIdiot on eBay is good as well, I've had many from him recently after a lot of members vouched for him.

Connaught are 12p a blade if you're ordering 80 packets, but of course they're 20p and more per blade for smaller quantities. I'm not bothered by cost of course, and I support shops like Connaughts, but it doesn't hurt to bulk buy a hundred superthins off the bay either, if you fancy some.

I've got a blue 7 o'clock loaded ready for tomorrow (thanks to Hax, first use of this blade) so we'll see what they're like. :)

Back
Top Bottom