7 o'clock blades... But not yellows

Derrick:

All of the 7 o'clocks in the black packaging (Super Platinum) are the Indian ones, sometimes people say they're Russian as the address on the pack is Pulkovo, St Petersburg, but they are made in India in fact and the address on the packaging is just the head offices.

Canuck said:
Derrick:

All of the 7 o'clocks in the black packaging (Super Platinum) are the Indian ones, sometimes people say they're Russian as the address on the pack is Pulkovo, St Petersburg, but they are made in India in fact and the address on the packaging is just the head offices.

DrIdiot has some:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Gillette-7-oclock-SUPER-PLATINUM-Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-Shaving-Blades-/260865079165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbcc5377d

they are deffo not. They are russian made platinums you have linked too. they packet is a blue colour and the indian ones are black. I have had both and they deffo different.

PS. the russian blue platinums say made by gilette russia on them and have a dubai address on the back. the India ones say made by gillette India

Pedro: I'll remove my original link then, they really look black to me. Maybe I'm a bit colourblind as they don't look anything like blue?

These are the black ones I was referring to, though currently out of stock:

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Gillette-7-O-Clock-Black-Pack.html

I think this is what causes the confusion with this blade is the russian version is blue but not very bright blue so can be hard to tell the difference a lot of the times with the black one which now you can only really get from india as the usual places no longer stock it.

Intereesting
These are the "Blacks" I have orderd:-
$(KGrHqR,!hwE4p4P+uVRBOUHdZeI0Q~~_12.JPG

And these are the others in the blue edged packet:-
$(KGrHqV,!nkE63U,ggUyBO7dc)hdLw~~60_12.JPG

It would appear both are indian made then.:s

From what I've read, the blacks turned into blues. Both packets are marked super platinum and also say made in india. They are different to Russian blues.

Where did you order from FT?

If you look here: http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierklingen/Rasierklingen.htm (near the bottom of the page, in the middle) you see that the Gillette Platinums are dated 1979; I have some and they aren't very sharp. If that is the case though the blacks wouldn't have turned into blues - probably the other way round or a different product line altogether.
The Super Platinums (with the sexy woman on the hanger) are the very sharp, smooth ones and definitely worth going for. Aren't these those for sale at Connaught and on ebay for £17-£20 per 100?

Father Ted said:
Intereesting

It is great for confusion is it not the bottom ones are russian platinums Ted but I think most people were referring to these russian blues platinums

wp7aeca659_05.jpg

pedro083 said:
Father Ted said:
Intereesting

It is great for confusion is it not the bottom ones are russian platinums Ted but I think most people were referring to these russian blues platinums

wp7aeca659_05.jpg
Spot on Pedro these are the ones at the bottom of your post,Russian made in a Dark Blue cardboard box
Regards
Derrick

Back
Top Bottom