Acquisitions - August 2024

I have an Hierbas de Ibiza in storage somewhere, but I added another to his little brother I received a few weeks ago...

View attachment 124364
Strangely enough, I was recently looking back on my time on Ibiza back in 1973. Usta hang out at La Taverna, owned by a Limey named Martin and I'd often have his home made Hierbas (pronounced Yerbus). The large bottle/flask looked like a mini forest going on inside with all the herbs and stuff being used.

Attachments

• The Tavernbar.Ibiza..jpg
    The Tavernbar.Ibiza..jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 17
Thanks folks. I had a suspicion it might be a slim adjustable. I’ve never handled either but had seen them in videos.
It was marked up on FleaBay as a G1 1961 fatboy.

I’ve had a look under the side of the head and can’t seem to see a date code. Might be my eyes though.
Well, I’m happy with it and am looking forward to trying it out.
A lot of DE shavers say its a better razor to use than the fatboy ($1.95 razor)
Looks great good score mate
Cheers

A lot of DE shavers say its a better razor to use than the fatboy ($1.95 razor)
Looks great good score mate
Cheers
Just had my second shave with it in the last hour. I’m really liking it. In fact I feel I should have bought one years ago and saved myself a fair bit of money (although I do like the razors in my not so big collection).
Also, make sure to give it that extra 1/4 turn to lock the blade.
Thank you for the tip!

Just had my second shave with it in the last hour. I’m really liking it. In fact I feel I should have bought one years ago and saved myself a fair bit of money (although I do like the razors in my not so big collection).

Thank you for the tip!
Careful not fall into the Gillette rabbit hole (I've been in it for decades)

IMG_1184.jpeg

Erm Wow GIF by The Great Pottery Throw Down

I have purchased 2 mint NOS Gem Contour razors. Today, 50 vintage Schick Injector blades turned up instead. I have messaged the seller, let's see what happens.
The seller initially requested that I returned the Injector blades and then they would send the Contours. He wasn't aware that I am in the UK. After sharing the various address stickers on the package, the seller has agreed to send the Contours to the forwarding address. I was just about to offer to pay for the blades. Let's hope the forwarding address in the US forwards the Contours again without any additional fees.

Back
Top Bottom