SOTD: Saturday 10 February - Friday 16 February 2024.

I came to a (suppose rather obvious) conclusion that I get better shaves from some soaps and sub-par from others @DRJC. This year, perhaps in a bid to actually use some of the stuff that I have, I've vowed to use only what I love.

If I like it, but don't love it ... it's gone! If I use it only because I have it ... it's gone!

What you're left with (gradually whittling) is just the stuff that you love using and know instinctively that it works for you.

Last edited:
I came to a (suppose rather obvious) conclusion that I get better shaves from some soaps and sub-par from others @DRJC. This year, perhaps in a bid to actually use some of the stuff that I have, I've vowed to use only what I love.

If I like it, but don't love it ... it's gone! If I use it only because I have it ... it's gone!

What you're left with (gradually whittling) is just the stuff that you love using and know instinctively that it works for you.
Sensible system really, early in the shave soap trials so still trying to figure out what works. I am slowly going the same way with blades. But I shall definitely bring in the rule if it isn't great it can go.

Time to find one to replace the Zingari that's now gone!

SOTD Tuesday 14 February 2024

Pre-shave:
Hot shower - cold tar soap - followed by cold water splash, Zing Organics 'Smoothie' Facial Serum + Beard Oil in Cannabis Flower with Cedarwood and Green Mandarin.
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: TATARA Masamune Closed Comb.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow (day 2).
Post: Cold water splash, D.R Harris Sandalwood aftershave and Tabula Rasa (Cool blue).

Another great shave, the TATARA Masamune is comfortable - smooth and efficient (similar to a Hone 15, if that is a fair comparison); well built and feels good in the hand.

3 Passes today: WTG, XTG (left to right) and XTG (right to left). No issues to report, BBS finish.

Realising that this is 'fat February' I switched to MWF today; face lathering (I was time poor this morning) got decent rich, creamy lather. No issues with the MWF - good protection and glide; post shave skin feel good. The D.R Harris Sandalwood is fresh, lively, - slightest of burn when I applied today - after an excellent shave the previous evening, perhaps a 3 pass shave this morning was a little on the greedy side.

Hope everyone had a great day.

All the best,

Chris

Its

My absence has been mainly due to my little joint jaunt in Holland and a bit of a long day travelling back yesterday. Between that and having to masturbate in Dutch Chinese restaurants.

Anyway, it is that day where love is in the hair, or in our cases, isn't. A couple of shaves to catch up on and these shaves arrive straight from my heart to you with the theme, 'St.Valentines day Mascara'

My favourite eyeliner

Tuesday

20240213_194358.jpg

:love: Love my razor - Stainless Mongoose
:love: Lovely blade - Feather Super Professional
:love: Brush love - Highlander LFC
:love: Soapy love - MDC Rose
:love: Scent of love - Van Cleef Rose Rouge
:love: love of my life - And she fucking hates me

'And apparently he only likes the blow up version'

A first class shave all the way And this new to me Van Cleef Rose Rouge is winning my heart. Please do note, only mine. A really fresh, subtle but bright aroma but without the usual heaviness of the normal male Rose scent.

Happy. And so are these ladies. Massacre, mascara and love all in one....

Wednesday

20240214_201808.jpg

:love: Love plus one - Lambda Athena
:love: One love - Feather
:love: Two up love - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
:love: Three up love? - York Swirling Soapery Vibrant Charm
:love: Love ambience - Van Cleef Ambre Imperial

A soap which sounds like a sex toy from Anne Summers

'And we are going to make an adult movie this way? How? It will take forever'

A super duper Valentines day shave with so much love I just have to hand it over those Beaver girls to show what romantism really looks like....

And....I Love you all

SOTD: 15th February 2024.

b.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli essential oils.
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men X-Bolt ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A wonderful shave to finish my shaving week off the focus run with Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue which have been a joy to shave with. Next week I'll return to start using the vast amount of various Treet blades that I have accumulated since I started this traditional wet shaving pastime/hobby of ours.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thursday 15th February
General Aluminium - Feather Pro #9 - Vig Shaving Synth - Monsavon au lait - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017500-01.jpg

8mpxfS8.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Occums Crushed Lime
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, APR Coeur de Vert Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Azzaro Pour Homme EdT

Occams Crushed Lime Shaving Cream is, IMHO, up there with the very best.
Sadly now unobtainium - I treasure the one container remaining in my den.

Thursday 15th February

Cream • Extro Legno Di Rosa
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Yaqi Excalibur/RR Super Knurl
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (4)
Post • Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

Having a root around in the den for inspiration, I happened across this Yaqi Excalibur head that I haven't used for a long time. Paired with a Protouch MG blade it shaves almost identically to the Vector. Really not very inspiring, (the Vector never really flicked my switch) but the end result is really quite good. The stainless Razorock handle seems to give good balance.
This Extro soap is apparently made with donkey milk. It performs very well in all respects, post shave feel is top drawer.
Finished with Rose of Bulgaria, cheap as chips and smells lovely.

Thursday 15 February
By accident not design I’ve drifted back to my Gillette vintage razors of which I have a few. The Super Speed TTO family has quite a long and successful history. I’ve seen them compered with today’s ubiquitous Mach 3 in terms of user appeal. Whilst the Red Tip seems to be the more sought after by collectors, (slightly heavier, thicker handle increased blade gap) the standard version performs just as well and on today‘s shave I wonder what a Red Tip would have to do to better it. One main pass wtg, then some light atg plus pick ups for bbs finish.
A new Polsilver blade, TFS soap lathered on with the now synthetic MADE RITE. All very smooth and enjoyable what more can one ask for?
Puros after shave splash is what! Love it.

Enjoy Thors Day fellas!

IMG_0495.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom