SOTD: Saturday 10 February - Friday 16 February 2024.

Wednesday 14th February

ABLVV84_PL3ommV7Yd3IPyow2_gqkOI_qX1_HuEwx_72K_9c88wVLqQDM990txrCwuBwiwELr241B6MQkaez9A3ZkrM29STL3GBGVG896OKZxpbob7KabRj0R36AyyaLJzFK1VIQM41U58_X5x6jNUFb6NoWzw=w800

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap & Macy Associates No.4 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre
PAL Injectomatic & Schick (Chick) (2)
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick Twin Injector (11)
DR Harris Sandalwood Aftershave

Nah! I'm not enjoying the PAL/Chick combo ... so switched mid-shave to my Gillette Twinjector with a Japanese Schick twin injector blade. Chalk and cheese. Night and day. Fire and ice. Heaven and hell. You get the picture.

I don't know if it's the razor or the blade, but referring to what I said on Monday it has been a number of years since I've used a regular injector and back then moved the lot along because I didn't get on with 'em. I did like the Gillette Twinjector. It's always worth trying something again, but it didn't work out. Again, dunno if it's the razor or the blade and again, back then the PAL was one of teh very few injector razors that I could get anything like a decent shave out of and back then, I used Chick blades. I wonder if the PALs would take a twin injector blade - does anyone know? Maybe @Electrif or @mpf9ret?

Loving the Haslinger. Loving the aftershave.
Hi Paul
I have both the Injectomatic and Adjustable, neither takes a Twin blade
I tend to use a Japanese Schick in the Injectomatic.
Mike

Third shave from the Sunny and it's still good, although some rust noted on the blade stubs away from the shaving edge.

Denim really hit the spot today!

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Sunny Supreme Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Myrsol Antesol
Lather: Kent/Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Denim 1970s aftershave

That went well…

I think the set-up is the same as last time (new photo, though) but I’m really getting used to the Rockwell. Softly softly does it… and no touch-ups required. Now to see how many more shaves I can squeeze out of the Personna. Will try the baseplate #3 sometime, if only to prove it’s a step too far (or maybe not).

I like the Rockwell, but the Timor is much prettier, so it won’t get consigned to the dusty corner of the cabinet anytime soon.

IMG_0102.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom