SOTD: Saturday 10 - Friday 16 August 2024.

Great Victoria Desert Camp Shave

ne7Iw6T.jpg

Prep:
Jack Black Turbo Wash Gel, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Mondial Tabacco Verde
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (0.86mm)
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Creed Original Vetiver EdP

Glamped the Camp with some Creed juice. :cool:

Razor - Rockwell 6S R3
Blade - Gillette SharpEdge
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - NSS Moroccan Sands

After the scrawp-fest of my last two shaves, I decided to use all of my favourite kit, razor, blade and soap. I don’t have a favourite brush, I love them all equally.

Lovely two-pass shave with touch-ups. If I hadn’t been a bit wary about parts of my neck that were still sensitive, it would have been perfection.

Nanny’s soap… it has a magic that goes beyond the list of ingredients… it’s alchemy. Now Nanny owes me a fiver…

Have an excellent weekend, everyone.

IMG_0245.jpeg

Friday 16th August

AP1GczNXiEBuapZ4curt01dQNedPAj4JzFPDnzBiA52Rn2vwVk_HdTwsCzGI6PuUoPEe9IQdxTIQnC4E3i1WtE2FBPGC2K74ADDhkTz61qILoMKnyOB2CZnooob6wwjPm9M6C1Ff9r3TV21HfPumf9TWcK7yXQ=w800

Floris 89 (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Wilkinson Sword Classic (Vintage 1977) & Wilkinson Sword (German) Stainless (2)
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve After Shave Cologne

The original Wilkinson Sword Classic really is perfection ... in fact, it was too perfect! It has a built-in angle guide like the Personna Glydex and copied by Henson. Follow that angle and you get a close and consistent shave. What you don't get is any blade feedback as the tolerances are so precise ... and so there's a tendency to push a bit. You can do that as it is just so perfect it doesn't make the shave any better or any worse.

It's one of the few razors that I'll go for an against the grain pass on my neck and probably the only razor I'll do that on my top lip.

Absolutely perfect, perfect, perfect ... but a bit dull. Kinda feels like a modern cartridge shave.

Have a great weekend, fellows!

Razor = Shield Stainless
Blade = Gillette Silver Blue ( 2 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Boar Stoat Custom
Soap = Cella Crema Da Barba Aloe Vera
With Matching splash & Balm.

IMG_2375.jpegA Realsuoer shave this one.
I now have 3 Shield Razors & i like them a lot.
2 of the 3 are SE and they all shave wonderfully.
In fact the razors for me are far better than their price point suggests.
Well made & just the right angle and seems to be very good with every blade iv tried to date.
The Cella whipped up a cracking lather although its dried out a bit which is weird as iv had it the same time as the original & that’s the same as it was when i bought it.
Never mind it still works a treat although the scent could do with being a little stronger.
Enjoy Your weekend everyone unfortunately it’s nothing but work for me.

Prep: Nivea face and beard wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Merkur progress
Blade: Astra Platinum
Brush: Highlander Celtic
S Soap: Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Clinique ASB

1000011689.jpg
Got married a few weeks ago and been away on honeymoon, rather than bump multiple threads I'll put my travel setup in with this post.

Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22 mm
S Soap: Royal Lime
L'occitane Cade ASB

1000011582.jpg

Razor: Merkur progress
Brush: Highlander Celtic
S Soap: Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Clinique ASB

View attachment 124002
Got married a few weeks ago and been away on honeymoon, rather than bump multiple threads I'll put my travel setup in with this post.

Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22 mm
S Soap: Royal Lime
L'occitane Cade ASB

View attachment 124003
Huge congratulations to you both on your recent marriage.

20240816_203359~2.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shave cream.
Brush Highlander Black Tuxedo.
Soap Zingari man Gatherer.
Razors Leaf & Blackland vector Lite plate.
Blade Kai Captain titan mild Pink (7).
Post shave 3P cream.
Aftershave Once upon a time splash.

A lovely shave tonight as usual with the Vector.
Enjoy the evening everyone.

Last edited:
20240816_202602.jpg

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I present my last two shaves with the theme, 'Blackmail'

By jolly, I received a very unusual letter this morning demanding I send some money to a person unknown to stop them posting some embarrassing photos to all my contacts in my filofax! My wife I wouldn't mind, but heaven help the Sisters of Saint Vincent De Paul! I would find myself in court for manslaughter administered through explicit overdose. How?......

'Smile' she said. It must have been the bit afterwards where she asked me if I could remove my clothes for a tube of Smarties which dropped me in it. But I do love Smarties. Off the post office it was then to get the dirty deeds done dirt cheap out the way.

'Sorry love you're too late. I received mine this morning'

How the bloody hell did she get in my address book?

https://giphy.com/gifs/filmstruck-vintage-musical-7JyPx98CnY6OjInhSP

'Is it worth £56.27?'

Wednesday

20240814_182643.jpg

£56.27 razor - Muhle R89
£0.24 blade - Polsilver Lodz
£3.77 brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
£7m soap - Signature Londinium
£free moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade balm
£0.05 scent - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

'Your majesty'
'No. I work in the Post Office'

@Johnny Bravo see what crap I get if I go over my alloted quota of Giphis! I shall be sending you a blackmail email when I finish this SOTD. Because I hate you and you thought your dog kennel was safe.

I only said earlier today that every shaver should have an 89 and this shave went a long way to say why. Perfect in every way. Fed a great team lather effort and faultless.

And over to puffyshoes whose big point is they are anything but. LoFi in the best way there is.....

Friday

20240816_190219.jpg

Give me your razor - Ikon B1
How much to expose your blade? - Polsilver Lodz
Brush my palm - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Slippery money - Kent soap
Creamy photos - Collagen
Smell your cash - Hermes terre d'hermes

Unfortunately Mr Satanfriendly your monthly fees do not allow for anymore Giphi allowances. However if you send £56.27 in postal orders to Mr Tony's chin we may be able to raise your quota.

The management

In that case I may as well say 'One shockingly brilliant shave'. I did say the B1 is by far my favourite razor. This is why. The rest are shite

Do I have any more video feature ration?

It appears so.

And of course, I love you all

View attachment 124008

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I present my last two shaves with the theme, 'Blackmail'

By jolly, I received a very unusual letter this morning demanding I send some money to a person unknown to stop them posting some embarrassing photos to all my contacts in my filofax! My wife I wouldn't mind, but heaven help the Sisters of Saint Vincent De Paul! I would find myself in court for manslaughter administered through explicit overdose. How?......

'Smile' she said. It must have been the bit afterwards where she asked me if I could remove my clothes for a tube of Smarties which dropped me in it. But I do love Smarties. Off the post office it was then to get the dirty deeds done dirt cheap out the way.

'Is it worth £56.27?'

Wednesday

View attachment 124011

£56.27 razor - Muhle R89

'Your majesty'

@Johnny Bravo see what crap I get if I go over my alloted quota of Giphis! I shall be sending you a blackmail email when I finish this SOTD. Because I hate you and you thought your dog kennel was safe.

I only said earlier today that every shaver should have an 89 and this shave went a long way to say why. Perfect in every way. Fed a great team lather effort and faultless.

And over to puffyshoes whose big point is they are anything but. LoFi in the best way there is.....

Friday

View attachment 124017

Creamy photos - Collagen

Unfortunately Mr Satanfriendly your monthly fees do not allow for anymore Giphi allowances. However if you send £56.27 in postal orders to Mr Tony's chin we may be able to raise your quota.

The management

In that case I may as well say 'One shockingly brilliant shave'. I did say the B1 is by far my favourite razor. This is why. The rest are shite

It appears so.

Final entry… and the best.

I was blackmailed once… I was seven years old and smoking on the railway embankment. One of the big kids there got a tanner off me or he’d tell my dad. Bastard! I could’ve got two Lucky Bags for a tanner in those days…

Final entry… and the best.

I was blackmailed once… I was seven years old and smoking on the railway embankment. One of the big kids there got a tanner off me or he’d tell my dad. Bastard! I could’ve got two Lucky Bags for a tanner in those days…

Be assured, I spent the tanner wisely. On tabs

View attachment 124008

'Is it worth £56.27?'

Wednesday

View attachment 124011

£56.27 razor - Muhle R89

'Your majesty'

Friday

View attachment 124017

Creamy photos - Collagen

The management

It appears so.

Johnny Bravo GIF

Ha ha, I love it, and again, your post is a highlight of my day, other than my own reflection of course.

Back
Top Bottom