SOTD: Saturday 13 July - Friday 19 July 2024.

SOTD: 16th July 2024.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Ingram Menthol Lather Shave Cream.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men Aqua ASL./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A cool relaxing combined face & head shave.

The new assertive Feather Hi Stainless paired together with the mild Wilkinson Sword Classic continues to perform wonderfully mowing through my face & head stubble with effortless ease. I find using short strokes with this razor & rinsing it more more regular in-between each pass makes the razor perform excellently.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
"He's scared of the water, I'm sure there's a name for it. What do they call it honey?"
"Drowning"

Shocked Jaws GIF

PXL_20240716_063951356~5.jpg
great lather from this soap. it took lots of water well, was protective and gave a nice slick, soft post shave feel. fantastic scent. strong, green, fresh, bright, lavender and floral. I really enjoy this lord L6 head with a heavier handle. Ideal aggression level and it got me really close with a fresh rapira. no alum or brut sting or any irritation. enjoyable shave and result.

Last edited:
Last night's shave.
Good to use the Suneko again as I am considering doing a Chinese blade month and the shave on this and the recent Gillette Super Blue makes me think it'll be worthwhile.

The Palmolive in this shave was a mushed up mess pressed into a ramekin. For reasons of photographic pulchritude a stunt Palmolive was used. Although the stunt double was effective I am sad to say that the real Palmolive was harmed in the making of this shave, losing several grams from its corpus.

IMG_20240716_091619.jpg
Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Suneko Amorphous Diamond
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Palmolive shave stick
Aftershave: Avon Blue Blazer

16/07/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Parker SoloEdge
Blade - Perma-Sharp Half Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac Black
A/S - Tabac Aftershave Splash
Wk 29 (4).jpg
The First real run out for the Parker SoloEdge, today fitted with a Perma-sharp half blade.
Overall i really like the design and weight in the hand, the fit and finish are really good. i put a slight bend in the blade before fitting and it is held in there quite snug. On the face it feels quite mild although it does do a really good job of clearing "my" stubble. Today i completed 3 passes without issue and as left with a comfortable, BBS Finish.
Yes i like this razor. Another big thank you to Keith @AlterEgo for the PIF of this razor.
Enjoy your day all.

Tuesday 16 July
The DeHaven razor is probably not that well known in UK, but has and interesting history if anyone is interested to check it out on the web. It was designed as a “shake and sharpen” razor. It came with a proprietary blade which was clipped onto the razor head which could then be shaken thereby sharpening on a lower head piece. Hard to describe so best check it out on the web. The good thing is that a half modern de blade can be fitted after removing the DeHaven blade.
You’ll be wondering how the shave went, thanks for asking, well, it was incredible. It’s definitely not a mild razor and delivers a very close shave. Almost bbs first time wtg, but some pick ups are inevitable around the old Gregory. The Palmolive Classic was kindly given to me by Mike @Mike Smart and is an extremely good soap, soft, creamy and really comfortable on the skin.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0709.jpeg

image.jpg

Definitely going to read up on this one. Thank you!
Tuesday 16 July
The DeHaven razor is probably not that well known in UK, but has and interesting history if anyone is interested to check it out on the web. It was designed as a “shake and sharpen” razor. It came with a proprietary blade which was clipped onto the razor head which could then be shaken thereby sharpening on a lower head piece. Hard to describe so best check it out on the web. The good thing is that a half modern de blade can be fitted after removing the DeHaven blade.
You’ll be wondering how the shave went, thanks for asking, well, it was incredible. It’s definitely not a mild razor and delivers a very close shave. Almost bbs first time wtg, but some pick ups are inevitable around the old Gregory. The Palmolive Classic was kindly given to me by Mike @Mike Smart and is an extremely good soap, soft, creamy and really comfortable on the skin.
Enjoy the day fellas!

View attachment 122755

Definitely going to read up on this one. Thank you!
@Dave in KY has a YouTube video on using the razor which is worth a look.
The potential problem is removal of the DeHaven blade which could be corroded in. Needs to be done carefully so as not to snap it off. I soaked the blade overnight in WF40 and managed to get it out in one piece (see my foto). The half blade then slips in after snipping off small end tabs.

Back
Top Bottom