SOTD: Saturday 13 July - Friday 19 July 2024.

July 16th
20240716_135239.jpg
Razor- Rockwell 6c R2
Blade - Tatra #2
Brush - Yaqi Giotto
Soap - B&M Reserve Lavender
Post - TDS Kosmetika Rose lotion and Sensitive balm
The soap takes a ton of water, but with patience you're rewarded with a beautifully smooth lather that smells stunning - my favourite Lavender scent bar none.
I'm also quite impressed with the Tatra blade - although the Rockwell pretty much makes any blade feel smooth. I shall, in the future, try the Tatra in the Muhle or the recently rediscovered Gillette Superspeed Flare Tip.
Happy shaves all.

mMWNtBz.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: RazoRock Puros
Razor: Gillette Diplomat
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, RazoRock Puros Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Tom Ford Tabacco Vanille EdP

20240716_134237~2.jpg

My 30th Wedding anniversary Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Pearl handled Badger.
Soap Zingari man Mousse Iluminee.
Razors Leaf & Pearl Blaze.
Blade Pearl max.
Bowl Handcrafted pearlescent.
Aftershave Mousse Iluminee edt.
After shaving care Pearlescent mist Vodka.

Today's shave is Pearl themed to mark my 30th Wedding anniversary and everyday is a jackpot win for the wife, who has the real honour of waking up to me each morning.

Season 2 Yes GIF by Harlem

The super large lather bowl that's in the photo is what she ordered and I feel that the creator has never seen a lather bowl in her life because you could bath in it ha ha, I feel like quoting Jaws again about needing a bigger boat but it's already been mentioned today.
I do like the pearl handled Badger brush, it was lovely on the face but storing it is going to be a task as it's like a knife handle and not the usual flat bottom shape, still it's a great brush and she really put thought into the gifts.
My Blaze razor gave me a great shave even though the Pearlmax blade struggled to cut and definitely a 1 shave blade, it was the first time using this blade and needless to say I am not going to be rushing out to buy a box of 100 of them ha ha.

A quick nip of the unusual Pearl Vodka and I'm set.

I smell amazing and that goes without saying with the Mousse Iluminee, now I just have to try and avoid the drooling gaze of the other women when I take the wife to the restaurant tonight or the wife might get naturally jealous.

Kim Kardashian Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Anyway that's enough of my rambles enjoy the evening all as I know I shall unless she gets a headache before bed.

Happy Not Tonight GIF

stressed out crying GIF

SOTD Tue 16 Jul 2024

Not brogues, shave
49D37AD9-CF15-4079-B611-ED917F14FE42.jpeg
Proraso white cream
Yaqi Sagrada Familia brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Shark SS blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Replenishing PSB

A very smart, smooth shave tonight, very Kingsman in fact (ignoring the dreadful Golden Circle of course). We watched the ‘origin’ one the other night and it was better than I remembered, but the first is still the best imho!
Anyway, back at the shave, the excellent Muhle/Shark duo glided quite majestically across the sea of creamy, dense Proraso lather (ooh missus!) and left my facial features neatly presented and feeling and smelling very nice. Hoorah!

IMG_5523.jpeg
SOTD: 15/07/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector Lite
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander Olive Wood Boti New Tuxedo
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition Puck
Fragrance: Armani Aqua Di Gio EdT

My 3rd shave with the Vector Lite, and again it was a lovely shave. Despite my love for the design and the way my skin feels post shave with it, I can’t shake the feeling it’s almost the opposite of the original version, in that it’s almost a little too mild and the original a little too aggressive. I definitely have a little stubble left despite trying to be more focused in my problem areas round the side of my Adam’s apple. In fact today I gave the Spirit a go for one final pick up after 3 passes and was surprised by how much it was able to pick up left from it. I guess I need a 3rd middle plate. I can’t wait to try the open comb but for now I’m going to move on to the next loan item for a break, the legend that is the Mongoose!

View attachment 122774

My 3rd shave with the Vector Lite, and again it was a lovely shave. Despite my love for the design and the way my skin feels post shave with it, I can’t shake the feeling it’s almost the opposite of the original version, in that it’s almost a little too mild and the original a little too aggressive. I definitely have a little stubble left despite trying to be more focused in my problem areas round the side of my Adam’s apple. In fact today I gave the Spirit a go for one final pick up after 3 passes and was surprised by how much it was able to pick up left from it. I guess I need a 3rd middle plate. I can’t wait to try the open comb but for now I’m going to move on to the next loan item for a break, the legend that is the Mongoose!
Your in for a real treat, you are about to shave with Desperate Dan's razor Lee.

s-l1600.jpg

View attachment 122774

You need the Vector Goldilocks :ROFLMAO: :)

Back
Top Bottom