SOTD: Saturday 13 July - Friday 19 July 2024.

17/07/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior - 21mm Silvertip
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - 1970's Merkur 1904 (42C)
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd "The Genuine"
A/S - Floïd "The Genuine"
Wk 29 (5).jpg
An early shave this morning with the "West German" Merkur, setting me up for the day.
A new pre shave soap this morning in the Sainsbury luxury soap, i cut the bar in half to make it more manageable.
20240716_114416.jpg
Off to the races today at Thirsk, should be a good day out as long as the weather holds.
Enjoy your day all.

Savage. I'm quite happy to mash potatoes. So sod you Cadbury's.

I am also happy to bring you up to date (non of that 'catch up' rubbish here) with my last two shaves themed, 'Happiness and the world of mashed potatoes'

Monday

20240715_210100.jpg

Apenis and a razor - Yaqi Excalibur
A blissful blade - Feather Super Professional
Face masher - Highlander Marine AFC
Happiness - and a soap called Floris Elite
Hidratante de la felicidad - Collagen
Peacefully pleasant perfume - Floris Jermyn
'And there we have it. The perfect shaving lather'

Mashed potato is wonderful. But rather crap for shaving with.

And this shave also happened to be wonderful. A new blade in the Yaqi and one stupid cut by my ear, but it served me right for being useless and pathetic. The new Floris rounding off an otherwise rather nice shave.

The Dazes? Never heard of them until the other day but do rather like their early punk sound.

Tuesday

20240716_190237.jpg

Potato peeler - Stainless Mongoose
Potato bag of - Kai Titan mild
Potato masher - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Creamed potatoes - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos soap
Instant mash potato - Olay
Potato peel - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos EDC

'And there you have it ladies. A wonderful solution for unfaithful husbands'

A real face mashing brush and the Krokos being one of the best Soaps out there on planet shave. A European cup winning team if ever. The Mongoose doing what the Mongoose does. Shaves brilliantly

Have a lovely day chaps and enjoy this new found weather while it lasts...

Which is hopefully longer than these....

SOTD 17-Jul
Screenshot_20240717_074058_Gallery.jpg
Brush: Wald A1
Soap: Westman - Dark Man
Razor: Koraat 14-2.0

That was a cracking shave, lovely coffee/smoky(ish) scent from Dark Man, along with a very comfortable and smooth shave with the Koraat. I may have to pick up the EDT as well.

This is my second Westman set, the first being Desas Sossego (Lavender essentially) and both have been absolute winners.

Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Wednesday 17th July
Pal Injectomatic - Personna Stainless #3 - RazoRock Plissoft - Arran Lochranza - Brut Splash on - Aloe Vera Gel
1000019082.jpg

17 July

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Personna med prep
Geo F Trumper Eucris skin food

1CCA30AE-01C7-4378-ACE6-C1E32E16340A.jpeg
A luxurious, creamy two pass shave this morning. The Personna med prep is a smooth and sharp blade but a Feather is better in this razor, for me. Of course, Feather blades have been a favourite since I first overcame the “fear” (unjustified) and used one in a DE89 many years ago.

20240717_145742~2.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Brush Omega Italian flag Boar.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather.
Razor Brass Hone.
Blade Nacet (3).
Aftershave Spanish leather Cologne.

I finally feel confident with the handle on the Hone and in return it gave me another lovely shave.
Tomorrow I am going to pop a Feather in just to see how it pairs up needless to say I will be making sure I just let the weight of the razor do it's thing.
The Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather was excellent, I just wish the Cologne would keep the scent longer on the skin.

A lovely day outside here beside the sea for a change, enjoy the day everyone.

Sotd-17-07-24.png
Sotd - 17-07-24

Gillette Slim Twist - Treet carbon Classic - Frank Shaving two-band - Alvarez Gomez Barberia - LPL Abricot - Coffee Break edt.

A week of growth taken off. I feel so much better. I was late to the party with the Slim Twist - I think I was put off by the stock handle - too long and too plastic for my tastes but this one was modded by @gile with a shorter and thicker resin version that sits perfectly in my hand. The razor - with a fresh Treet carbon - laughed at my heavy growth, two passes for a glass finish. One day's or a week's beard seems to make no odds to the razor, it will cope with both - and anything in-between - with aplomb. Try one if you haven't - they seem to be commonly available - although this particular one is unique. Gifted to me - with his typical largesse by @Blademonkey - thanks P. - a credit to the forum.

Enjoy yours one and all - cheers - I.

20240717_172658.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - Muhle Rocca
Blade - Wilkinson Sword
Brush - Highlander TSR LE Walnut and Boar
Lather - Cup Of Leftovers
Splash - Brut

I'm tired and it's been warm, so I spent quite some time on my preshave today. A (very) hot flannel on my face then a hot wash. I also put on the Pears between each pass (as always).

Very close, comfortable shave with no dryness or irritation.

Back
Top Bottom