SOTD: Saturday 13 July - Friday 19 July 2024.

Wednesday 17th July

AP1GczOfpWN_VLmcrXmxN_y6QTdXxMA1TA9iSjkzhT74cUyI2Eb1hyrwXbya7hJ_bk5Lb6Naf3jI_doE-Y4EwwfRvnsG_p2FJP9voy-i8p_0cKLgRjni6JPoXrWNR-OVK3lUSGh3gRd3GlY2wlNk0VA8N3O9uA=w800

Cyril R Salter Shaving Soap & Muhle Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Muhle Rocca (Polished) w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Treet Durasharp (3) < Blue packaging
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

Champion!

Razor = Blackland Blackbird Titanium
Blade = Silver Star Super Stainless.
Brush = Boti 30mm SHD
Soap = PAA Fresco with matching splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free.
IMG_2100.jpeg
It’s been a while since iv used PAA soaps and i really like them.
I know a lot of our american friends are not keen due to their selling practices but that was long before i got in to shaving.
This one for the guys that don’t know is a clone of Old Spice Fresh that was out in the 80’s
Personally i can’t remember it but it was here although not for to long as far as i can gather.
The Scent is fresh & Clean quite similar to a nice barbershop scent.
This razor is borrowed from paul @Blademonkey and what a superb razor.
Sometimes i think its ever so slightly aggressive for me then the next time i use it its a dream,
i guess blade is everything.
i also need to mention this wonderful brush i received as a freebie from @Paul L.
Thanks Paul i like it a lot,
It doesn’t have store lather but at 30mm i love it.
All in all a straight 10/10 shave
Until Next Time
Stay Safe.

16 - Birthday Shave :)
SR: GEM Contour II
Blade: GEM
Brush: Semogue 1250
Cream: Old Spice Musk
AS: Skin Bracer

###################################

SR: GEM Contour II
Blade: GEM
Brush: Semogue 1800
Stick: Arko
AS: Pinaud Lime Sec
Happy birthday my friend, I hope so far it's been a good one for you.

Paul.

View attachment 122803
Sotd - 17-07-24

Gillette Slim Twist - Treet carbon Classic - Frank Shaving two-band - Alvarez Gomez Barberia - LPL Abricot - Coffee Break edt.

A week of growth taken off. I feel so much better. I was late to the party with the Slim Twist - I think I was put off by the stock handle - too long and too plastic for my tastes but this one was modded by @gile with a shorter and thicker resin version that sits perfectly in my hand. The razor - with a fresh Treet carbon - laughed at my heavy growth, two passes for a glass finish. One day's or a week's beard seems to make no odds to the razor, it will cope with both - and anything in-between - with aplomb. Try one if you haven't - they seem to be commonly available - although this particular one is unique. Gifted to me - with his typical largesse by @Blademonkey - thanks P. - a credit to the forum.

Enjoy yours one and all - cheers - I.
Thank you for the mention my friend. I hope you are well.

Paul.

Wednesday 17 July
View attachment 122811
First shave with a Wilkinson Classic for a long time and it’s just as I remember - excellent shave. For a razor (and blade) that are cheap as chips, this is great value.
Great razor & blade duo. Those Silver star blades are excellent, my personal favourite from the Lord camp.

Back
Top Bottom