SOTD: Saturday 15 June - Friday 21 June 2024.

SOTD: 20th June 2024.

4.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Razorock " What the Puck?!" 'Lime Burst' Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Parker 87R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Yelken Lemon Eau De Cologne./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning "Pre-Summer Solstice Shave"

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave to finish my shaving week off on a high.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thu 20
Soap PAA Astra Planeta
Aftershave Clubman Musk
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Fabulous lather whip-up by the large brush.
Between this GD and Titan, I prefer the GD. Other than the lousy creaking scales...the razor's edge was buttery smooth and crackingly crisp... perfect!
20240620_131743.jpg

18/6/24

View attachment 121794

Soap - Signature Soaps Eboracum
Brush - Highlander LE
Razor - Gillette raw brass flat bottom Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet (1)
AS - Pitralon Classic
Edt - Izzey Miyake

Today was a day I'd been dreading since I found out about it. A few weeks back one of my best mates died suddenly aged 41 and earlier today was the memorial service his family held for their departed son/brother.

I'm generally not one to theme a shave, but for today's shave I picked out a few things I'd been given here.

Signature Soaps aka @BrianH Eboracum isn't a soap I use on a regular basis, but I'm not entirely sure why but I seem to take a huge amount of pleasure from using it. A delightful lather to build and it performs as good as anything. The Highlander LE was made beautifully by @gile and it was a great pleasure to participate in the thread leading upto the inception, creation and delivery of the brush. The shave itself as it is Tech June-kies, was the Flat Bottom Tech Paul @pjgh stripped the coating off, it seems to shave a little differently to the other FB Tech I own.

Sometimes, during the shave itself you find a few moments of peace, I found a few today as I was making my best effort to present my best self to honour my departed friend and avoid my head spiralling out of control as it has been at times. I used to give him shaving equipment over the years, and he used to enjoy using them. He absolutely despised having any kind of hair on his face, which used to largely futile as he was an incredibly hirsute fellow and the 5 O'Clock shadow was an integral part of his persona.

The memorial itself at times was an incredibly difficult encounter. I'd not seen my friend's parents since his death, and a few other mutual friends who found the abrupt nature of his death to be an incredibly difficult concept to deal with.

It's funny how age creeps up with you. It seems only not too long I was hanging out with these group of individuals when we were kids in our early 20's getting shit faced after work with few cares in the world. Now we're all in our early 40's that's all changed, but losing one of your buddies is something I'm not sure I ever expected to be something we had to deal with too.

Thanks to all who made it this far. This is a great little pocket of the internet, I'm pleased to have found it and everyone who posts here.
Condolences - reminders of mortality are difficult - losing your mate is hard. Best - I.

A very easy shave today using the newer version of the 7 o'clock 'yellow'. This has a blade symbol on the bottom right of the tuck. Seems very smooth and quick to get a close shave but can't get against the grain on the bottom of my neck.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge "Yellow"
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aleppo Soap 70% laurel
Lather: Nanny's Cream of the Croap Moroccan Sands
Aftershave: Lynx/Axe Marine

SOTD: 20/06/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Old Spice Original Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Aluin
Additional Care: Koud Water

Have a fine day!

SOTD 20-Jun
1000029667.jpg
Brush: Cadman Tuxedo
Soap: Spearhead Sea Spice Lime
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet

Entertaining shave this morning, today's challenge being an outdoor one. Last year I went to a lake in the hills, this year I thought I'd go closer to the coast.
Screenshot_20240620_100240_Gallery.jpg
Despite the odd looks that I got from the odd passerby it was a pleasant shave and a lovely morning. The Mrs even came with me, yes she seems to have accepted the insanity.

Shame I didn't wait a little longer, shortly after this the clouds completely cleared up.

Have a grand one all.

Cheers

Marc

Before my DE love story I shaved with Mach3 years ago. Recently I've seen a new handle on a sale and thought why not give it a try (I use cartridges sometimes). I want to see and note how many shaves will I get for a piece that costs like 40 GSB blades... so here we go

Mach3 (1)
Proraso green soap
Simpson Special
Fine citrus AS
Gillette moisturizer

BBS in 2 passes, irritation free, great shave.

So sorry to hear about your friend. Your right, community and kindness costs nothing, but is priceless.
Kindest Regards
Brian
18/6/24

View attachment 121794

Brush - Highlander LE
AS - Pitralon Classic
Edt - Izzey Miyake

Today was a day I'd been dreading since I found out about it. A few weeks back one of my best mates died suddenly aged 41 and earlier today was the memorial service his family held for their departed son/brother.

I'm generally not one to theme a shave, but for today's shave I picked out a few things I'd been given here.

Signature Soaps aka @BrianH Eboracum isn't a soap I use on a regular basis, but I'm not entirely sure why but I seem to take a huge amount of pleasure from using it. A delightful lather to build and it performs as good as anything. The Highlander LE was made beautifully by @gile and it was a great pleasure to participate in the thread leading upto the inception, creation and delivery of the brush. The shave itself as it is Tech June-kies, was the Flat Bottom Tech Paul @pjgh stripped the coating off, it seems to shave a little differently to the other FB Tech I own.

Sometimes, during the shave itself you find a few moments of peace, I found a few today as I was making my best effort to present my best self to honour my departed friend and avoid my head spiralling out of control as it has been at times. I used to give him shaving equipment over the years, and he used to enjoy using them. He absolutely despised having any kind of hair on his face, which used to largely futile as he was an incredibly hirsute fellow and the 5 O'Clock shadow was an integral part of his persona.

The memorial itself at times was an incredibly difficult encounter. I'd not seen my friend's parents since his death, and a few other mutual friends who found the abrupt nature of his death to be an incredibly difficult concept to deal with.

It's funny how age creeps up with you. It seems only not too long I was hanging out with these group of individuals when we were kids in our early 20's getting shit faced after work with few cares in the world. Now we're all in our early 40's that's all changed, but losing one of your buddies is something I'm not sure I ever expected to be something we had to deal with too.

Thanks to all who made it this far. This is a great little pocket of the internet, I'm pleased to have found it and everyone who posts here.

20/06/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor - Blackland Sabre
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond & Original Cinnamon & Patchouli lotion
A/S - Proraso Wood and Spice
Wk 25 (6).jpg
For some reason i have really taken to the Wood and Spice again, a great lather for the Sabre.
Enjoy your day all.

18/6/24

View attachment 121794

Brush - Highlander LE
AS - Pitralon Classic
Edt - Izzey Miyake

Sincere Condolences mate
all the very best to you

Back
Top Bottom