SOTD: Saturday 15 June - Friday 21 June 2024.

SOTD 20-Jun
View attachment 121851
Brush: Cadman Tuxedo
Soap: Spearhead Sea Spice Lime
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet

Entertaining shave this morning, today's challenge being an outdoor one. Last year I went to a lake in the hills, this year I thought I'd go closer to the coast.
View attachment 121852
Despite the odd looks that I got from the odd passerby it was a pleasant shave and a lovely morning. The Mrs even came with me, yes she seems to have accepted the insanity.

Shame I didn't wait a little longer, shortly after this the clouds completely cleared up.

Have a grand one all.

Cheers

Marc
Looks like Caernarfon to me, lovely castle.

Thursday 20 June

Tatara Nodachi
Gillette 7o’clock blade
XxX RR soap
Vintage badger brush

For me the Nodachi sb version is more comfortable than the oc version. Both are superb heads for this razor though so not a complaint just a subjective observation.
I put the badger knot in the brush, it’s not the finest quality, I don’t use it everyday so not a problem it gets the job done.
The RR soap is soft and creamy and easily applied with an average brush. Not a memorable scent though.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0668.jpeg

20/6/24

Soap - Five Fives
Brush - Ap Shave Co SynBad
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet (2)
AS - Brut Oceans

First time using the Egyptian shaving cream Five Fives which @Pontormo generously sent me. It might be the most concentrated cream I have come across. A tiny amount created a huge amount of lather, it's a decent one too, good cushion and slick enough, nice mild scent too. The particular Tech I used has the small aluminium handle found with zamak top caps with the printed logo on top, but this one has a solid brass head like the one found on the all brass Ball End Techs. In the shave it's much milder than the latter Techs I mentioned. It produced a very nice shave with the Nacet though.

1000016308.jpg

20240620_190159.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Goodfellas Smile Wild hog.
Soap Once upon a time.
Razor Leaf & Merkur 34c.
Blade Silver Star (1).
Aftershave Once upon a time splash.

Tonight I tried the well thought off Merkur 34c, I have seen people rave about it and with the impending design change I wanted to pick one up and see what the fuss was about.

My first impressions are favourable and it gave me a nice shave, I look forward the the next few shaves as I learn it's quirks and improve.
If I could sum it up in a word that word would be "safe".
I can see already why people like it and for the cash it costs it brilliant.
Have a nice night everyone until tomorrow.

Tech June-kies

Thursday 20th June

AP1GczO_0EZ-z7dkjSc_KztknpnddxhvoJ-o8UKwwlVJVuWAYrWQoL769LJFa_5DW-R8gOleGV-yZiYYW7DB3P5n8WdTqYOUhjAWr3hIC7u85DR5S150jUij6rqhCcbwYb5qAXgmVu7zAIPlYfkC8b6-IfGNSw=w800

Old Spice (Vintage) Shaving Mug & Shave Factory (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1950s) Aluminium & Gillette Rhino (1) NOS
Old Spice (Vintage) Aftershave

Same again ... but switched the London Bridge for this NOS Rhino blade.

Right then, back to the usual gross stupidity and normal garbage which comes as an expectation.

And this shave comes fully approved by the board of theming things and is duly themed, 'Grate expectations'

20240620_212024.jpg

A bit pathetic as far as grates go, but functions well enough. Where my shaves usually end up.

My shave...

20240620_182435.jpg

A grate razor - Ikon B1
England expects (except in football) - Polsilver Lodz
A grating brush - Yaqi Moka
A gratefull of soap - Kent
A great finish - Pure moisturiser
Smell like a grate - CK Obsession

'All this bloody palaver just to lather up a shaving soap'

But worth it. The scritchiest brush in the collection meets the soap stolen from those Yorkshire folk. Never a grate fan of the Moka but in terms of partering a good old fashion hard soap it does a wonderful job. Only one question...

Alway expect nothing but the best from the B1 and expectations met. Smooth, efficient, accurate and as far as I am concerned probably the best razor on planet shave. If you can't live with aggressive though, I wouldn't bother. I just happen to love aggression. It comes with the job. Come on, you don't create chaos and destruction and don't do aggressive. Except Mrs Satanfriendly does it better. And she's normal. Or so she says. I beg (and often do) to say otherwise.

A great shave? Fucking awesome. A great shave which went the way of the grate.

Death metal meets Little Mix? I'll have some if that.......on second thoughts...

And I love you all :love:

The Tech turned out to be a very good match for the BiC.
I should use these blades more, but when I think of Gillette I think of shaving. When I think of Wilkinson Sword I think of shaving. When I think of BiC I think of ballpoint pens (and only because I'm not a smoker).
I have been missing out and feel a bit of a BiC-head!

I really like the Blue Blazer scent but it's not that strong and lasts barely the amount of time it takes to splash it on!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Fat Tech gold (1953)
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aleppo Soap 70% laurel
Lather: Nanny's Cream of the Croap Moroccan Sands
Aftershave: Avon Blue Blazer

IMG_20240620_112722.jpg
(The ballpoint in this utterly convincing and not at all cheap tat aftershave was not branded BiC)

SOTD: 21/06/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

Back