SOTD: Saturday 16 December - Friday 22 December 2023.

19/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Kasho Kai Captain CAP-R7 Folder
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 50 (4).jpg
A very nice shave today with the Kasho Kai folder, for me it sits in-between the Feather SS/SR and DX.
2 passes with some touch ups for an easy BBS finish.
I have hit the bottom of the soap and the ring of death has started on the Spice road. Boo Hoo.
Enjoy your day all.

IMG_3964.jpeg
SOTD: 18/12/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 8th use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations/Pasteurs Pharmacy Bloom Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours EdP

Perfection from start to finish!

IMG_3969.jpegSOTD: 19/12/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 9th use
Brush: Highlander Forest G2 APshave Co G5C
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Asian Plum Croap
Aftershave: HC&C Italian Plum Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Milestone Perfumes Bibliotic EdP

Another excellent shave, I keep going back to my 3-D printed bowl, when I’m in a hurry you can’t beat lathering with it!

My SOTD week started spending several hours of contriving some crap in the name of my SPOTTY awards. As a result I sidelined my duty to write some equal amount of crap in the name of SOTDing.

So here they are. My past three shaves condensed in to one single entry. And these arrive with the awarded theme, 'Three up'

Saturday

20231216_194759.jpg

Once, twice, three times a razor - Mongoose
Three legged blade - Kai Titan mild
Two's company, three's a brush - PAA Peregrino
Three sheets to the soap - Londinium
Three in one oil - T&H Grafton balm

'You said three. Ah bugger it I'll have the lot of you. Another drink first though'

With this bunch of goodies what else could prevail other than perfection? And it was

A trio of Japanese ladies? Then it must be Trident

Sunday

20231217_185207.jpg

One in three - 3ONE6
Three bags full - Wizamet Super Iridium
Three shreddies - Highlander TSR LE 2023
Three in your shreddies - Proraso soap
Tre Colore - Proraso balm

'Don't take drugs'

Three steps to heaven all the way

And three steps to getting dizzy with another trio of ladies from the land of the rising sun, Shonen Knife

Monday

20231218_192306.jpg

Ménage à trois - Yaqi Excalibur
Three legged trouser snake - Feather Super Professional
Three strikes - Hive-2
Three in the pink - Floris Elite soap
The third hole - Collegen
Three two one - Floris Elite Cologne

The underrated Excalibur steps out and does a smashing three pass act with team Proraso heading the software.

And I sign off with yet another little threesome of Japanese girlies. Over to you TsuShiMaMiRe

SNlQxsK.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Glide Barbiere Sapone
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Ultra Platinum (made in Holland) (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, WARS Aftershave Lotion
Scent: WARS EdC

SOTD Tue 19 Dec 2023

What is that moaning sound?
A1BAE26B-B84A-4176-A076-3E5322083847.jpeg
Pre moan - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Creamy whinge - Palmolive Classic
Whining brush - Yaqi 24mm synthetic
Moaning razor - Merkur 38c
Whinging blade - Derby Extra (5)
Post moan - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea ASB, Mastermind EDT

Refreshment - cup of tea (Pumphrey’s Kenya Highland loose tea - mmm)

So I was mooching about t’internet and followed a thread to a forum that at first I thought was about Bed & Breakfast establishments. When I was working I stayed in a lot so thought it might be of interest. But no, it was about shaving. So this bloke was being criticised by these supposed ‘experts’ for swishing his razor in a sink of hot water as he shaved, to clear it, rather than rinsing under a tap which was the correct way!

Now I think this was quite an old thread and some of the spelling was a bit dubious. The words Gillette and Schick were being bandied about. So I don’t think they were from round here. Which would explain their lack of knowledge about the good old British Combi Boiler. They reckoned that this chap was not following the rules and being wasteful and unhygienic. He tried the ‘correct’ way and thought it actually used more water and didn’t make much difference to unclogging his razor.

By this time I was riled (just mildly, I’m old and don’t get out much) so I tried it myself, and he was right, but it was all about the boiler. It would probably work ok with Cold water, but hey, it’s December. Now I usually use a sink of hot water, so I tried just rinsing under the tap, but the water’s cold for the first few minutes, so there’s a short wait each time, just enough for face to dry and lather get cold, and if anyone tries to run a tap in the kitchen suddenly “IT’S MELTING MY HAND” rings through the house!

Eventually I did actually get a good 2 pass shave, but my beard had already started growing again by the time I finished. I’ll stick to a sink of hot water thank you. ‘Experts’…pah!

D5CC970D-1A59-499E-91A0-225B27982B6E.jpeg
Done moaning?
Yeah, thanks for listening.
I wasn’t.
Oh!

Back
Top Bottom