SOTD: Saturday 16 December - Friday 22 December 2023.

Tuesday 19th December

ABLVV86ntcowyoOiogUwYju1kx29-piL07QgJbLOFugU_sOK9HtAXVUUKZ7QSLMAtL6Ckz79i3PERB-ZGYKHJQ7TXGiF8UFXYJ11p9NMzw-RPfmJT2OBGv08QXMBUbgo7iTKOQlkPRybEmwOys7f8XVbKMtacg=w800

Speick Tallow Shave Stick (Grated) & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
KCG w/Yaqi Tsuka Handle & Super Gillette Blue (2)
Speick Aftershave

I really rate the KCG. It really works well with my technique and I find it considerably more effective than the mighty R89. Don't get me wrong, coz I still love the R89 ... but I have a feeling going forward, whenever I'm shaving with an R89 I'll be thinking that I wish I'd picked the KCG.

Highly enjoyable shave.

Tuesday night shaves are often sub-par as I've been fencing for the evening and my skin is all bothered from hot and sweaty face mask, but tonight was very enjoyable indeed. Speick soap is not as good as I hoped (and I've got the older tallow version) but the aftershave is absolutely cracking! It's a combo to remember for Tuesday nights.

SOTD 20-Dec
20231219_124126.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot'
Soap: HoM Beloved
Razor: CG Everyday
Blade: Wizamet

Very good shave from the everyday this morning. It was going to be the straight but after a late night and an early start I didn't think wielding a blade with bleary eyes would be a wise idea. Tomorrow's another day so I'll dive on that then.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 20/12/2023

Razor: Leaf Shave Twig
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co Cowboy Up (sample) Croap
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day, everyone!

Wednesday 20 December

One Blade
Gem de-spined
RazoRock Stallion
Rubberset vintage No4
Saponificio Veresino Cosmo after shave

I risked the blade that had been in the razor for many months. It wasn’t that bad but there’s no doubt that sharp edges do tend to fade over time just being exposed to air. No problems with brush or soap, a joy to use. Result was bbs with some extra pick up atg.
I like to contemplate what might have gone on at the time the picture on the ceramic lid was crafted.
Pictured today, it could be three Scotsmen as they contemplate the latest SNP tax increase announcement :eek:

Enjoy the day fells!

IMG_0421.jpeg

20/12/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Gillette Old 1925 repaired Handle
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac Aftershave Splash
Wk 50 (5).jpg
The repaired handled Gillette OC/GSB pairing performed very well today, another full Tabac shave setting me up for a check-up with the Dentist. Hope she likes Tabac is all i can say.
Enjoy your day all

Dec 20, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Brush: Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band
Soap: Barrister & Mann: Eventide ( Glissant )
Fragrance: Nemer by Boadicea the Victorious
getting fitted for my radiotherapy mask on Friday, which involves a scan and setting up the machine to target my cancers.. a big step forward, so I figured I'd better get a shave in today, to give my skin time to settle down.

20 December

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Plisson synthetic
Blackland Blackbird
Personna med prep
Proraso Sensitive balm

DF2A29E1-DA70-4AAF-88CE-B7A75FB685CA.jpeg
I have had three really enjoyable shaves with the Blackbird, a very close shave and absolutely no irritation. I hope it’s not just the blade. I only have five left. The Plisson brush felt very soft today after a string of Simpsons, but it still created a superb lather with the Cashmere. Great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom