SOTD: Saturday 16 March - Friday 22 March 2024.

SOTD: 19th March 2024.

19.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Derby Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Parker Variant. (Face + Head) 2.5-wtg, 2.5-xtg, 3-atg+pick ups.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. / Boots Facial Cucumber Toner. /Yelken Lemon Eau de Cologne. /Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave)

Spring Equinox, First day of spring 2024.

It's been some time since I last done a combined face & head shave shave with the Parker Variant, and forgot how smooth & efficient it is for head shaving. The Treet platinum is a good match for it too, making another great duo. I've been on a roll with the Treet blades they have provided me with constantly close comfortable shaves.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy the Spring Equinox ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 19-Mar
1000024374-02.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Bone Lilly' V23
Soap: NO Plunder
Razor: Frederick Reynolds Swayback

Cracking shave this morning, Plunder is a lovely scent and it's such a shame it's been axed from the lineup, clearly not all that popular.

Not to worry, still have a fair bit left so I'll just have to enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Hope everyone has a good'un.

Cheers

Marc

19/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72 - Alpha Bravo Super Grip handle.
Blade - Ladas
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Pashana Original
Wk 12 (4).jpg
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 19/03/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 6th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a fine day!

Tuesday 19 March
To think I advertised my Hawk A some months ago in order to “slim down my collection” . I clearly wasn’t thinking straight and luckily it didn't sell.
So as I’ve now started to use my se razors after a long period of de shaves I grabbed the Hawk.
The M de C Vetyver is such an enjoyable soap to use. Easy to lather with a distinctive scent which lingers in my bathroom.
The spalted beech handle was made by my woodworking friend and I fitted the synthetic bristle. A crossed wire between my description of what I would like and his interpretation resulted in a brush that doesn’t stand up on end. I didn’t have the heart to point this out. Anyway, it’s a brilliant brush, who cares if it doesn’t stand vertically, it does the job.
The shave? Thanks for asking, one main wtg, second pass atg plus pick ups for bbs.
No chance I would sell this cracking razor now.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_8852.jpeg

Second shave with the Winner Platinum and it put in a great performance. Very sharp and smooth.
I only own two tucks of these blades and may buy some in bulk. Any excuse to buy more shaving stuff!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Gillette Winner Platinum
Brush: Gillette Standard
Lather: Boots Old English Lavender
Aftershave: Novon Old Marine cologne

Second shave with the Winner Platinum and it put in a great performance. Very sharp and smooth.
I only own two tucks of these blades and may buy some in bulk. Any excuse to buy more shaving stuff!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Gillette Winner Platinum
Brush: Gillette Standard
Lather: Boots Old English Lavender
Aftershave: Novon Old Marine cologne

I'm not entirely sure why but Indian Gillettes do not have a great reputation, but I find they largely perform as well as some of their Russian and Chinese counterparts. The Winner Platinum is an excellent blade, smooth but sharper than it may seem.

Thanks.
I'm not entirely sure why but Indian Gillettes do not have a great reputation, but I find they largely perform as well as some of their Russian and Chinese counterparts. The Winner Platinum is an excellent blade, smooth but sharper than it may seem.
7 o'clock Super Platinum are known for being very sharp and smooth and they're Indian. And Astras are now made in India. Wet shaving enthusiasts are mixed on how good they are but they seem to sell very well (or at least pushed very hard).
I've enjoyed Statum and Kleen Shave as well.
So no issues with Indian blades from me.

19 March

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Simpson Chubby 2
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Personna med prep
Proraso Sensitive balm

3D9B99C9-A38A-4264-9E99-097AD097D16F.jpeg
A super shave this morning. The Ikon has plenty of blade feel but gives a perfectly kind shave, providing you don’t push it. A fabulous lather from the Wickham soap and Chubby synthetic certainly helps.

Thanks.

7 o'clock Super Platinum are known for being very sharp and smooth and they're Indian. And Astras are now made in India. Wet shaving enthusiasts are mixed on how good they are but they seem to sell very well (or at least pushed very hard).
I've enjoyed Statum and Kleen Shave as well.
So no issues with Indian blades from me.

I'm sure the Indian Astra SP is a decent blade, but maybe it's a bit different to the Russian one. I reckon some do not enjoy it as it's a bit different but not because the quality isn't there.

Aside from the 7 Black, I like the Winner Platinum, 365 and 7 Permasharp. I find all these blades work well with vintage Gillettes.

Tue 19th March

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Omega 11126 boar
Ach Brito Mogno soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 5 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Seems that I might have chosen the best blade in The Hawk for me. Today had a really smooth and comfortable Shave, and without any problems quickly cleared 3 days growth. The finish attained is rather good and compares favourably to the best Inget with other Razors.

IMG_0975.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom