SOTD: Saturday 20 July - Friday 26 July 2024.

Sunday 21st July
E-Type Schick 3D - Personna Stainless #6 - Alpha Outlaw - Signature Soaps Hibernia - Osmanli Lemon Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
1000019105.jpg

21 July

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Simpson M7
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Lucky Tiger face tonic

C453C9B0-6695-4A13-B443-29A37AF8F986.jpeg
A quality Sunday shave. It was wonderful to use a badger brush today, but, I found that I hadn’t picked up enough soap as I applied it to my wet face, so, I went back to the tub for more. It is easy to forget the differences when I use mainly synthetic brushes. This amazingly soft M7 Manchurian created a fabulous lather with the Apricus. A feeling of utter luxury. The Rockwell 6S with the 4 plate removed it so well that one pass was nearly good enough. The second pass was just a touch up and I finished the shave with the tangerine scented Lucky Tiger. Lovely.

Razor - Rockwell S R3
Blade - Personna Platinum
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - Arko stick

Nothing to rock the boat with this kit. Two passes and a polish, which is the norm with this razor and blade. The Rockwell really is my fave razor now… and another of its charms is that it doesn’t clog up easily and it’s easy to swish the soap out if it does.
I’m a bit of a wimp when it comes to cold splashes, but it had to be done. Might be a different story in January.

Now I’m sitting here feeling very smooooth and basking in the glorious scent of eau de pissoir (thanks Arko)…

IMG_0217.jpeg

Pretty good shave from the Hawk and Feather Professional blade. Switched the blade out after the first pass (it has had five shaves) and got a better feeling from it.
A few weepers and very mild burn but I'm slowly improving my technique with these razors and blades.

Finished the Nanny's Cream after 29 shaves! Pretty generous for a sample.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V2
Blade: Feather Professional
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Argan oil soap
Lather: Nanny's Cream of the Croap Moroccan Sands
Additional Care:
Zingari Recovery (unscented)
Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V2
Blade: Feather Professional
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Argan oil soap
Lather: Z FINISHED Nanny's Cream of the Croap Moroccan Sands
Additional Care:
Zingari Recovery (unscented)

20240721_165930~2.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Freshwood pre-shave oil.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Stirling Black Ice.
Razor @Blackland Vector polished lite plate.
Blade Feather Pro Super (1).
Aftercare Johnny Bravo love potion.
Aftershave Stirling Black Ice splash.

The pull of the Vector was just too much after not using it for over a week.
As I was shaving with the polished version looked down and thought of how pleased I was ordering the new Sabre in the Machined finish, I now know for sure I made the right choice because polished may look nice but it's definitely less grippy on the handle and you have to keep buffing the blooming thing up or it looks manky.
The Stirling was disappointing again and I am going to give it another 6 shaves to redeem itself or I am just putting it in the bin as I need the space, I wish it performs like my Haverford that's superb, I just can't see me buying anymore soaps from them.

The Highlander Badger Brush has never let me down amd could be the only brush I ever need but I'm far too fickle and like drooling at new brushes @gile Makes, rest assured I am going to increase my collection after I finish with the wife's 50th Birthday in August.
A phenomenal shave from the Vector making it still king of my SE razors only beating my Mongoose due to the fact I can shave my head as easily as my face.
I'm now smoother than the ladies that just step out of the waxing and beauty salon.

Comedy Falling GIF by Paxeros

Enjoy the evening all.

Season 2 Hello GIF by PBS

Razor = Wolfman WR1
Blade = Brazillian Wilko ( 1 )
Brush = Sawdust Creation Studios 26mm High Mountain Badger.
Soap = Ariana & Evans Lurch & Fester with matching splash.
Balm = Executive Shaving Fragrance Free.
IMG_2142.jpegAnother cracking shave tonight although my face feels a bit tender, i might lay off shaving tomorrow but saying that when i get back from work im like a kid in a sweetie shop.
i seem to be picking up the Wolfman more and more, definitely a daily shaver for sure,
One of if not thee smoothest OC Razor iv tried.
Lurch & Fester for the guys that don’t know are the olden days Ant & Dec, well in looks anyway.
i seem to say it everytime i use this VR2 base but i don’t think its as good as their previous bases including the original Kaisen.
Having said that its not a bad base just not as good in my eyes.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend lads & remember
Love Island tonight :poop:
Adios Amigos

Sunday 21st July

Gillette Sensor 3 & Gillette Series Gel
Akcay Tobacco Cologne

These Sensor 3 disposables are a far cry from the genuine Sensor. Okay, not good and certainly not great. Personally, I rate the lowly Blue II higher.

Meanwhile, I spotted some goodies while passing through Betws y Coed today ... if Captain Claptrap or Scottish Fine Soaps are your thing:

AP1GczM9_UbmerXZxOgWKo66Tsq8dRqPZ5ciUCgC-VDuFKlWdhDXkX3ouK4VHSSX4yEv4Ij7DIr_mCu1wRpMM0fl-2zzabDySan70_jkhbqA0g3cz8YcMKztYBKrocrf9suBOH_mwP75J7mic4_SQybdfKVTCA=w600

AP1GczO-rbTP9RY8X2B-lGm3UkT8WRgTv2_cJmMAh6OyBwW1-Y3pMuGqxSubiR0Ut9o_hjVTDTjP5b2xi_f0erMnHwRc544lakCEcvsi2MmDuXECjwFV-n5vBDPA_MWP_tN38XmtNeiIkSjSgIqMPmciSrFkhQ=w600

Back
Top Bottom