SOTD: Saturday 20 July - Friday 26 July 2024.

Monday 22nd July

Soap • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti
Brush • Simpson Chubby 2 'Sovereign'
Razor • Razorock Game Changer. 68-P
Blade • Voskhod (2)
Post • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti Splash

Having used this Chubby Synthetic brush a few times, I'm beginning to appreciate it's short wide handle.
It certainly works very well for face lathering.
I believe it shares the same knot as my Simpson Trafalgar T3 (26mm).
Simpson synths could be a new rabbit hole for me.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Fly Dear Super Platinum
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Argan oil soap
Lather: (SAMPLE) Zingari Master
Aftershave: Arun Ice Breaker

First try of this Zingari which is known as a spicy barbershop. It smells like something from the Pinaud Clubman line. Old fashioned in a good way.

The aftershave is new to me. A bit of a weak scent and not sure if this is due to the ravages of time as its probably from the seventies or eighties at the latest. There's no menthol (if there ever was) but a weak powdery scent that reminds me of Myrsol Plastic Shave.

IMG_20240722_185300.jpg

Monday 22nd July

AP1GczNvEXKOPuWi41SuedLV86MCobgnGoERTq4UkYh9x129JbZIgx328MoEZFrdBfSJmevNNOm0pqKyvHeX-Jxxk3MP6HnizTnD7zsMqpkk8F_WYXVT8ddqIglZzIjkvvEBv3ZMZ8HxGycsst1ap3yPCYHs8Q=w800

Potter & Moore Lavender (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Ever-Ready 600N w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Razorock Hawk V3 (A Plate) w/Razorock HD Handle & Feather Professional (1)
Brut Splash-On Lotion

Razor = Pal Injector
Blade = Gillette Platinum Plus ( 1 )
Brush = C&H Navy & Copper V 15
Soap = Wickham's Buddha Wood
with matching splash.
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy.

IMG_2149.jpegWell Well Well what a shave.
I haven’t picked up this razor in a couple of years and to my surprise it was first class,
i fact the feedback from the aftershave just about killed me.
I splashed it on like there’s no tomorrow and i was on fire.
Wow honestly i must have taken a few layers of skin with me.
Now that’s not a criticism i like a bit of pain at times.
Although maybe not that much.
I have got a Parker Injector on loan from @NotTheStig but that’s going back this week.
Perhaps i’ll give it one more go before it goes back in the next couple of days.

Right i know iv not been home long but these to soaps and this F-in Love Island are doing my nut in.
If you haven’t heard from me for the rest of the week i’m in Barlinie doing a 10 stretch.

IMG_2150.jpeg

20240722_193339~2.jpg
My Menthol Monday Madness Shave today consisted of...
Brush Omega Italian flag Boar.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather.
Razor @Blackland Vector polished lite plate.
Blade Feather Pro Super (2)
Aftershave Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Cologne.

A lovely shave again boy I must sound boring now ha ha, but I don't know what else to say when every Shave lately has been top drawer.
The Spanish leather was nice and super cold as I ground a lot of Menthol crystals into the mix.
My face is freezing and boy I look so handsome I should be a work of art.
Enjoy the night everyone.

SOTD: 23rd July 2024.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48 Pro.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D1)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Splash-On Lotion./ Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A cool relaxing combined face & head shave.

The vintage Gillette ball end tech performed with excellence and paired up wonderfully with the Feather Hi Stainless mowing through my face & head stubble with effortless ease.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 23-Jul
1000031952.jpg
Brush: Wald J4
Soap: SBS Trouble Maker
Razor: WR3 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE

Very smooth and comfortable finish, can't get enough of this Interrupted when I use it. Certainly wouldn't be to everyones taste, but I like the smokiness from it.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Tuesday 23 July

Blackland Dart
Gillette 7 o’clock Sharpedge
LEA original, sensitive skin
Simpson The Duke 1 sovereign fibre

A trouble free and comfortable bbs shave although I did get carried away as the shave was going so well and managed a couple of very small weepers. Doesn’t matter how long we have been wet shaving we are still on a learning curve albeit hopefully not still on the steep bit :ROFLMAO: .
The LEA soap, as with yesterday’s Palmolive, is very smooth and creamy and leaves a nice comfortable feeling on the skin. I love it. The 7 o’clock blade on first use was ….er…….sharp!
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0724.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom