SOTD: Saturday 20 July - Friday 26 July 2024.

SOTD Sun 21 Jul 2024

For the good of the country resignation, sorry, shave!
B8E10F39-DDE0-4CC2-8F2F-DC936CD1BB7E.jpeg
Tallow + Steel Baygere soap and aftershave
Anbbas Amber 24mm synthetic brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Wizamet Super Iridium blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
E45 moisturiser

Fantastic shave from the gifted soap, aftershave and blade (cheers @CunningMrFox and @Tony'schin) what great products. The lather was incredibly rich, slick and cushioning with a fantastic scent, which was duplicated and enhanced by the aftershave. And the blade seemed sharper and smoother than anything I have tried before, I’ll definitely be getting more of these! Best shave I’ve had so far I reckon and my face feels and smells wonderful.

A few weeks ago our back garden was a veritable sea of dandelions and daisies. As it was a nice morning, I took my morning coffee outside, and was greeted by ‘the last, lonely dandelion’!
185BACAB-6231-432E-94DD-1F067A11ED69.jpeg
“Where has everyone gone?”

Last edited:
SOTD 22-Jul
1000031833.jpg
Brush: Wald J4
Soap: DG Daemon
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Wizamet

Decent swift shave this morning. Used to love this Daemon, don't get me wrong it's still nice but it seems to be missing something. Perhaps it's the assault of leather and smokey fragrances that I've been beating myself with recently.

Either which way, pleasant shave for a grand finish.

Hope everyone has a good'un!

Cheers

Marc

22 July

Speick Men Cream
Simpson Duke 3
Gillette Adjustable E4
Gillette Silver Blue
Speick Men Sensitiv balm

208566C5-530F-4611-ADA7-AA270A56AB67.jpeg
I thought the Rockwell was pretty smooth yesterday but this old, unrestored Gillette Adjustable is every bit as smooth this morning set midway on 5 with a fresh GSB. A very close and comfortable shave, possibly a little bit closer than the Rockwell. We have so much that we can learn from the past. A fabulous lather from the Speick cream too.

Monday 22 July

I love the tactile feel and patinated finish of brass razors. The same with items made from natural lightly oiled wood,……. if only there was an all wood razor out there :unsure: . Stainless is ok of course, it can be machined very accurately and finished in several attractive ways. There isn’t a tactile feel with SS and the idea of SS is to avoid patina :ROFLMAO:. Today I brought out the brass Karve Overlander to the fore. The loaded blade doesn’t show much of an edge but still gives a very smooth and trouble free bbs finish without the need for a lot of pressure. A cracking razor.
I am using the Palmolive classic soap a lot these days with thanks to Mike @Mike Smart who introduced me to it. Soft creamy and easy on the skin. Fits perfectly in an old Williams soap stick tube. I have a few Simpson’s badger brushes, this one the Eagle has probably the firmest bristles but hope they relax a bit with use. Still a very good brush though.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0714.jpeg

I have such brilliant razors that make shaving for me a pleasure - Gillette Tech, Ever-Ready Pat.1912, Fatip Grande Gentile, Baili BD176 to name a few. But out of all of them the Yaqi Excalibur is my favourite and my shave components today are my match made in heaven because they all work together so well to give me a nick-free, irritation-free BBS.

Shower
3P shaving soap
Semogue 820 boar bristle
Yaqi Excalibur
Kai Captain Titan Mild
4711 after shave cologne

Exc-Day-Shave.jpg

Razor = Wolfman WR1
Blade = Brazillian Wilko ( 1 )
Brush = Sawdust Creation Studios 26mm High Mountain Badger.
Soap = Ariana & Evans Lurch & Fester with matching splash.
Balm = Executive Shaving Fragrance Free.
View attachment 122954Another cracking shave tonight although my face feels a bit tender, i might lay off shaving tomorrow but saying that when i get back from work im like a kid in a sweetie shop.
i seem to be picking up the Wolfman more and more, definitely a daily shaver for sure,
One of if not thee smoothest OC Razor iv tried.
Lurch & Fester for the guys that don’t know are the olden days Ant & Dec, well in looks anyway.
i seem to say it everytime i use this VR2 base but i don’t think its as good as their previous bases including the original Kaisen.
Having said that its not a bad base just not as good in my eyes.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend lads & remember
Love Island tonight :poop:
Adios Amigos
Don’t remember Lurch and Uncle Fester being a pair of boring twats. :sleep:

July 22nd
20240722_133709.jpg
Razor - Parker 65r
Blade - Gillette Platinum #1
Brush - PAA Starcraft
Soap - B&M Frankly my Pear
Post - Brut lotion &TDS Kosmetika Sensitive balm

Its been a long, long time since I've used the Parker razor. On the first pass I was reminded is slightly more aggressive than its Muhle, Merkur and Edwin Jagger peers - its audible feedback is second only to the Micromatic in my Den.
I'm thinking of having a clearout in the Den - so I wanted to give the Parker it's best argument to stay - hence the Platinum blade and B&M soap.
3 beautiful passes resulting in a fine BBS finish - bloody good shave that.
Enjoy your shaves all.

22/07/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk 30  (3).jpg
I did not bother with a shim in the S1 today, the sweet spot is quite small and it feels very similar to the Feather D2's on the skin. I completed 3 passes for a very comfortable BBS finish, however, i did have a little bit indication from the splash during post shave so i think it has shaved closer than i thought. A very enjoyable shave today.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom