SOTD: Saturday 20 July - Friday 26 July 2024.

Tuesday 23rd July
E-Type Schick OC 3D - Schick Proline B #6 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - Wickham Gothic Revival - Brut Splash on - Wickham Gothic Revival Balm
1000019132.jpg

23 July

Mühle Aloe Vera shaving cream
Edwin Jagger travel
Gillette Adjustable E4
Gillette Silver Blue
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

72589F7B-78AD-43F9-8551-6472EDB3B051.jpeg
A classic two pass shave this morning which left my face feeling smooth and invigorated. The menthol kick in the Men’s Grooming aftershave balm is quite strong and cooling on a warm day. The Mühle shaving cream was somewhat utilitarian this morning, I probably didn’t apply quite enough to the brush. The brush itself is quite utilitarian too, although a synthetic and effective for its size, it reminds me most of the feel of a pure badger, no other synthetic I own feels quite like it. Another fine shave from the $1.95 Gillette, such a bargain!

Tue 23rd July

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Yaqi Raster V2
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Thanks to Chris @ Satanfriendly who reminded me of The Yaqi Excalibur/Raster range, which I have neglected for some time.
Last time out the V2 was fitted with an old EJ89 handle, and it did not perform that well.
Today poshed it up with a Crown titanium handle and a fresh Kai pink blade. Well lathered with MWF, the Shave was a treat and 3days growth shifted with ease, and the finish so good reminding that I should use this Razor more often. I do have a spare V1if any fancies giving it a go.

IMG_1093.jpeg

23/07/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Med Prep - last one in the box
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac Black
A/S - Tabac Aftershave Splash
Wk 30  (4).jpg
I have finished a box of 100 Med prep blades today, i will have to have a look in the box of plenty as i am pretty sure i have another 200 somewhere.
2 passes with some touch up for a very nice finish.
Enjoy your day all.

Razor - Rockwell S R3
Blade - Gillette Perma-Sharp
Brush - ES Medium Synthetic
Lather - TOBS Sandalwood Cream

I bought a load of blade samples from Connaught (see Acquisitions). Tried out the Perma-Sharp today… I have to admit that this was a fave of mine some years ago. Nothing’s changed… it’s going into the “much loved” corner of the shoebox. Great two pass shave with a bit of a polish. Excellent results.

IMG_0219.jpeg

20240723_172057~3.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Freshwood pre-shave oil.
Brush Shave Factory Omega Boar.
Soap Once upon a time.
Razors Leaf & Wilkinson Sword Classic.
Blade FlyDear (1).
After care Johnny Bravo love potion.
Aftershave Almafi Brilliante Eau de Parfum.

I have been looking forward too today’s shave as I have a new razor to trial as well as a new blade.
I Saw a couple of posts about how good the Wilkinson Sword was and for just over £4 + pp. How can I resist.
I paired it with the FlyDear blade that has had much praise in a recent thread in the forum. I randomly looked in my blade box and spotted a lonely FlyDear calling me and after sifting through old posts I have @NotTheStig to thank for it, from a BST purchase.
I won't lie I was expecting an ok Shave because of all the plastic but it gave a great shave, even my wife was shocked when she did her how was my Shave check over.
" Oooo better than some of your expensive razors and it's your first go with it. "
She is right and the FlyDear blade gave me no issues at all.
I will pop a Feather in tomorrow just to see if there is any difference and will use the FlyDear again in a couple of different razors. No complaints at all with it's cutting performance.
Really happy bunny and best £4 spent this year.

Thanks guys and have a great evening.
Play Playing GIF

Razor = Shield
Blade = Brazillian Wilko ( 2 )
Brush = Simpson’s Chubby 2 in Best
Soap = Tallow + Steel Hokkaido with matching splash.
Balm = L’occitane Cade
IMG_2161.jpegManaged another shave without the psycho police coming to take me away hey hey.
Just as well i can’t sing ah lol.
Anyway back to the shave,
These shield razors are superb for the money,
iv been trying to look in to them today but there isn’t to much info out there unless i’m looking in the wrong places.
I remember the days i could find anything in the yellow pages now i can’t find a thing.
i said the other day i need to give the face a rest and i really must
see if i can let the skin grow back

Back
Top Bottom